◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Might as well update my speed test as well, it's been a while since I've done mine. Looks like it has improved as well!

2319207228.png

You Canadians have me considering a move north...

I would go with:
Prize A - getting rid of combo 3 - free pick

Prize B - can either replace Track for the Amuse -OR- Car or Track for Suburu/Daytona

Prize C - "Black Friday Special" can get a prize coupon AND whatever Prize B doesn't take (Track or the Car/Track choice)

I like Handlebar idea

I didn't want to pay any extra for the next step up in download speed. But I am a photographer so I have to upload photos alot so I needed the extra upload bump. I didn't see the need to jump up to 100mps just yet...if I get more devices for christmas that leech my system then I may think differently :)

Bell and Rogers have been spending all their money on LTE networks. My freaking phone gets 42/30.

Here's mine just in case.

Nice upload speed joeW, I just got a new place(& new internet with it):)
2319189644.png

Remember, it's the up speed that is most important when hosting. You can receive data from the hosts quickly, but if you can't update all the clients quickly, that's when you get lag.

Nice upload speed joeW, I just got a new place(& new internet with it):)
2319189644.png

Jonsey, I'd put you down as a potential host but you hardly ever race! ;)

Might as well update my speed test as well, it's been a while since I've done mine. Looks like it has improved as well!

beal, mind if you down as a backup host for D4?

Wolfsatz, how is your connection compared to beal's?

A couple of weird observations about the missing Motegi in the PS Store:

1. This url implies that it's still there, even though you can't actually see it in the store on a PS3: http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/add-ons/gran-turismo-5-twin-ring-motegi.html.

2. If you search the PS Store for "motegi," it returns Gran Turismo, even though none of the results contain the search term. I think this also implies that it's there, but inaccessible.

It's gotta be some simple mistake, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

LOL. I've been all over the place trying to find the phantom Motegi. Three emails to PSN and still no reply. I'm not holding my breath....:ouch:

The speedtest results vary pretty wildly from server to server but I get the best results from the large metro areas like Miami, Dallas, Atlanta etc. My results in my home city of Tampa aren't nearly as good as some other servers which is odd.

A couple of weird observations about the missing Motegi in the PS Store:

1. This url implies that it's still there, even though you can't actually see it in the store on a PS3: http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/add-ons/gran-turismo-5-twin-ring-motegi.html.

2. If you search the PS Store for "motegi," it returns Gran Turismo, even though none of the results contain the search term. I think this also implies that it's there, but inaccessible.

It's gotta be some simple mistake, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

LOL. I've been all over the place trying to find the phantom Motegi. Three emails to PSN and still no reply. I'm not holding my breath....:ouch:

Is it just me, or are none of GT5's DLC tracks not in the PlayStation Store?? Not only do I not see Motegi listed, but I don't see Spa/Space Kart or Special Stage Route X either. :confused:

None of the tracks are there. There is a guy over at the PS boards that has as direct a line to the powers that be as anyone has. He, and others who have called Sony, has stated that Sony is aware of the missing content but has not provided any sort of time table for them being made availiable again or if they will be made availiable again. Right now, it's pretty much anyone's guess as to when or if the tracks will come back to the store.

Remember, it's the up speed that is most important when hosting. You can receive data from the hosts quickly, but if you can't update all the clients quickly, that's when you get lag.

I question how much "up and down" GT5 actually needs and uses. A full 10 minute race is only 14 meg in size isn't it? :boggled:

Maybe ping and jitter (is that the word?) is more important.

Guys, I realised that I have to breaking in the 3 cars for this sunday. How can I do this if I'm newbie in GT5?

Last edited:
Guys, I realised that I have to breaking in the 3 cars for this sunday. How can I do this if I'm newbie in GT5?

Most of te people use B-spec
but you are new on gt5 so i dont think your B-Spec is high. (just like me, i never use that haha)
i do it just while practicing on each track.. but most of the time i race without break in my cars :sly:

Throw a B-Spec racer (do not worry about level early on) into a Seasonal event. The Rome 500 PP and the 650 PP Indy Road Course are reasonably fast events. Even if you bring a slow car and come in dead last, it is big XP and decent funds to level up your "Bob" or B-Spec drivers. Eventually winning the 400 to 500 PP will up your earnings.

Once they are level 21+, run the Like The Wind at Indy (45 miles) four times, or repeat Seasonals for miles and profits.

Kuul's method has the advantage of improving your driving skills.

As to the DLC tracks not being in the PSN store. If what I've read regarding the newest retail version of gt5 (Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition) is accurate, they've probably pulled the DLC tracks down so as not to compete with that. Looks like it's $30 at Amazon and reportedly includes all the DLC, except possibly those last 3 cars. Might be up for $20 or less on black Friday. I heard the xl edition will be up for sale at Amazon and Walmart for $10.00 on black Friday.

If anyone needs to level bspec send a friend request to DragonScotch and get your drivers on share. I can just about guarantee, once the grinder widget driver list updates, I can have your bspec level in the thirties in about 2 days. Then you can use that 90 lap Laguna race to break in cars while you sleep.

Last edited:
As to the DLC tracks not being in the PSN store. If what I've read regarding the newest retail version of gt5 (Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition) is accurate, they've probably pulled the DLC tracks down so as not to compete with that. Looks like it's $30 at Amazon and reportedly includes all the DLC, except possibly those last 3 cars. Might be up for $20 or less on black Friday. I heard the xl edition will be up for sale at Amazon and Walmart for $10.00 on black Friday.

Relevant. https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-xl-featured-for-10-in-black-friday-sales/

If anyone needs to level bspec send a friend request to DragonScotch and get your drivers on share. I can just about guarantee, once the grinder widget driver list updates, I can have your bspec level in the thirties in about 2 days. Then you can use that 90 lap Laguna race to break in cars while you sleep.

You can add me as well, and I'll run your bob's starting tonight.

It's almost worth the expense of setting up a second PS3 just for bspec grinding.

Until you hit level 40, and then it's just earning fake money. I suppose you'd be one PS3 away from a triple screen setup.

Back