◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
I'm in Shelby Township. There are a bunch of Snails from MI, this spring we should organize a Snail car show with cars we actually own. :crazy:

That's pretty close. I'm game for the car show but only if we are allowed to do something stupid, those are the fun car shows. The infamous Myrtle Beach Mustang Week pullouts come to mind...

Just for the sake of an ongoing discussion (can't you just tell that this consumes me. ;)) Here's a list of the scores for the last seven weeks of racing before this week in order from least number of drivers to most.

The driver numbers go from a low of 6.8 to a high of 14.5. The scores range from 76 to 100. Penalty points were not deducted.

A couple of these weeks could be removed because there is a driver or two who were clearly in the wrong division, but you can see the trend, here. It's not outstanding, but it is evident.

Here's a more graphical representation of that.

Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 5.06.32 PM.png

I'm geeking out a bit.

Last edited:
Not sure what I think of the Lexus in Tokyo, yet.

1 lap went well, the rest... Not so much. Better than the Corvette we ran here, for me, but ... I have a LOT to learn.

I am also looking forward to finding out what the combinations are. I thought there was some talk of something that was very out-of-the-box. I wonder what it could be?

Would it be possible to PM the two guys involved to get this rolling?

:) Testing out a few of the combos now

From what I understand the reversed grid races are where the lower number of participants would be an advantage for points, so why don't we take points away for how many empty slots there are only every other race? Something like 1 point for every two open slots, for example if there were 16 people in the room a perfect 100 is possible but if there are only 8 you could get a max of 88. Not sure unless I do some more math and it's just an idea but I think this would flatten out the differences pretty evenly. I haven't been reading so tell me if someone said this already :lol:

Fewer competitors also means that a higher starting position and pole is easier to get, though.

I'm putting this in red so people pay attention

If this arguing is the type of environment we have in this league, then I have no interest in continuing. If I was looking to join this league and saw this in the forum I would never think about it. We are playing a game that is meant for fun and if you can't even discuss ideas on a public forum without getting cocky or arguing then how am I supposed to expect a clean, fair race on Sunday? I think we all need to take a deep breath and discuss it properly or not discuss it at all.

I'm the only faulty guy on that.

Please accept my apologies.

From what I understand the reversed grid races are where the lower number of participants would be an advantage for points, so why don't we take points away for how many empty slots there are only every other race? Something like 1 point for every two open slots, for example if there were 16 people in the room a perfect 100 is possible but if there are only 8 you could get a max of 88. Not sure unless I do some more math and it's just an idea but I think this would flatten out the differences pretty evenly. I haven't been reading so tell me if someone said this already :lol:

Reverse grid is allowed for in my calculations. The percentage of diffence is adjusted to compensate for the ease or difficulty of gaining positions in reverse grid races. It's not a large adjustment but neither is the adjustment based on grid size.

Also, nobody is suggestion we change the perfect 100 system or alter the points scored within a division in any way. The only think being discussed here is how to compare division winners against each other for prize distribution.

Fewer competitors also means that a higher starting position and pole is easier to get, though.

True, honestly I don't think we're gonna be able to get a good enough handicap system to make it worth anything, personally I don't think we need it. In real life when people don't show up for a race do they take points away from the other drivers?

Reverse grid is allowed for in my calculations. The percentage of diffence is adjusted to compensate for the ease or difficulty of gaining positions in reverse grid races. It's not a large adjustment but neither is the adjustment based on grid size.

Also, nobody is suggestion we change the perfect 100 system or alter the points scored within a division in any way. The only think being discussed here is how to compare division winners against each other for prize distribution.

Now if It's just for prize distribution I'm all for it. I came into this conversation way too late...

I don't want this to be construed as arguing but I want to stress the difference between what is being discussed and a handicap system.

A handicap is meant to allow for competitiors of varying skill levels to compete with each other more evenly on an otherwise equal playing field.

This system is meant to adjust for results obtained on unequal playing fields so that they can be more accurately compared.

What is being proposed is not a handicap system in any way shape or form.

What is being proposed is not a handicap system in any way shape or form.

Right. It's more like golf's slope and rating, which allow you to compare your score across various courses evenly. If I go and golf Bethpage Black and shoot 80 I'm doing much better than shooting the same at my local muni.

To not cause more confusion, though, this isn't one division's speed against another, just numbers.

Last edited:
Right. It's more like golf's slope and rating, which allow you to compare your score across various courses evenly. If I go and golf Bethpage Black and shoot 80 I'm doing much better than shooting the same at my local muni.

To not cause more confusion, though, this isn't one division's speed against another, just numbers.

You had to go and confuse things further, didn't you? Just messing with you. That is a very accurate comparision though.

***NEWS FLASH***

The Twin Ring Motegi DLC has returned to the PlayStation Store!!

Unfortunately, the Course Pack that includes Spa-Francorchamps and Kart Space has not.

However, that one is available here. This means that DLC tracks are now available for prize selection again!

dgaf95integra
Just got bnib t500 and just want to make sure I update the newsest firm wear correctly, I know hill n jazz have t500 if you guys can lend me a hand thanks 👍

Oh yeah there on sale at frys now for 399!

I've been using the T500 for a bit myself. Also willing to offer help if needed. Suggest FFB 3 or 4. Ten isn't like overly strong it just harder to keep a smooth arc in turns. Mainly exit.

zer05ive
***NEWS FLASH***

The Twin Ring Motegi DLC has returned to the PlayStation Store!!

Unfortunately, the Course Pack that includes Spa-Francorchamps and Kart Space has not.

However, that one is available here. This means that DLC tracks are now available for prize selection again!

Can we take S2000 back to Motegi now? ;)

PRIZE A SELECTION

Ok gents, so I have done a lot of testing on it. I chose the combo for it's fantastic fun factor, it's break from the norm, it's mega technical driving challenge (requiring non-stop focus for 10 minutes!!) and for it's great overtaking possibilities due to numerous super late apex corners:

20 Laps - Kart 125 on Kart Space 1/ Reverse! :)

There is ONE CAVIAT to this that I ask the SNAIL community to support, else I recommend that we don't run this combo: We turn penalties OFF for this race.

Justification: The penalty system is broken on this track. You will get numerous penalties for "shortcutting" corners when, per OLR rules, you are not shortcutting them, not even close. You can barely have two outside wheels on the inside rumble strip, some times not even at all, and get a 5 sec penalty. I promise that it will RUIN the experience of racing here and turn what will be a fantastically fun racing experience in to a very sour, angry and bitter experience for guys that get penalties and say "WTF?!?! I didn't even cut the corner!!" ALSO- cutting the corners isn't even worth it! They are self-policing; if you take too much curb or cut completely your cart gets launched in the air and you plow in to the wall. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for penalties here and will ONLY HURT THE RACING EXPERIENCE.

I am so adamant about this that I feel the need to state it, despite me more than likely not being able to race this Sunday to enjoy it!

Anyway, that's that. If not, I can think up another combo. I have some in mind, but meh you get the idea.

Let me know what you think and if not I will come up with a combo by tomorrow night that won't require turning penalties off.

-Nick

Love idea and can confirm those curbs do more then good. We was doing some testing a month back and I tried to abuse track to see if it dropped time. Nope. I carried more speed doing it right. No to mention no spins avoiding curbs.

Hey nice to see you forcednduckshn, it's been a while since we raced together, like a year an a half with the RX-7 at trial mountain. :lol:
Back on topic, I totally approve, Kart Space penalties are broken. You're right a 100 % and that combo could be a lot of fun.

Back