◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I thought an Anniversary race was a great idea and I will make time to participate.👍

I know we discussed it just need to know what date we were going to do it.

December 23rd! Save the date! :)

As shown in our yearly calendar, we won't be having an official league night on that night due to Christmas being so close. Therefore, that'll be the date we use to celebrate the one year anniversary of this thread. 👍

Wolfsatz, do you still have that prize that you offered for this special event?

I vote to change the Round 3 track.

I'll also take the Special Car Coupon LFA '10 (donated by zeromisfit999) as the prize.

Sorry for taking so long.

Thanks

Yeah. If you lose the battery charge the car will lose several horsepower. There is no real way around this, but it could potentially be delayed by taking longer braking zones, etc. Balancing that with having more power at the end of the race might give you the advantage.

…or not…I haven't tested it at all on this track…

I vote to change the Round 3 track.

It doesn't quite work that way.

You break the tie by choosing your second least favorite combo. The Prize B winner has already picked the car to replace the Lexus, keeping Tokyo.

Yeah. If you lose the battery charge the car will lose several horsepower. There is no real way around this, but it could potentially be delayed by taking longer braking zones, etc. Balancing that with having more power at the end of the race might give you the advantage.

Battery? Ops.. hahah dammit i didnt know that. i did the choise the fastest i could.. We can change it? and if we can please tell me guys what do you want.. i dont like to choose.. specially with less time

Last edited:
Battery? Ops.. hahah dammit i didnt know that. i did the choise the fastest i could.. We can change it? and if we can please tell me guys what do you want.. i dont like to choose.. specially with less time
I am happy to race anything since we are all in the same car. But the GTR R35 TC looks nice and I happen to be breaking it in now:sly:

It seems that it is a great pick Kuulkrinne. The batteries will almost make it to the finnish, so a little conservation could go a long way. Also to note the car doesn't go that much slower with a dead battery, and it will absolutely make it to the end. Maybe jazz it up with some WEATHER?

Dude doesn't even know it's a hybrid.
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I'm sure the race will be super fine.

It seems that it is a great pick Kuulkrinne. The batteries will almost make it to the finnish, so a little conservation could go a long way. Also to note the car doesn't go that much slower with a dead battery, and it will absolutely make it to the end.

Yeah I just tested it and ran 5 laps without any problems at all. In fact, you could make an argument that the race should only be 4 laps. We'll determine that during tonight's practice races.

More importantly, I had a lot of fun testing that car at Suzuka. I think it'll be a great combo and will produce some really close racing. 👍

Im kinda in under pressure lol
💡
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
Sorry for the late choise

Dammit zero, didnt see your post. XD so.. This one or the honda?

It seems that it is a great pick Kuulkrinne. The batteries will almost make it to the finnish, so a little conservation could go a long way. Also to note the car doesn't go that much slower with a dead battery, and it will absolutely make it to the end.

Agreed. I just ran a 5 lap practice race and there were no problems finishing.

Will the car make it to the end of the race? If so, let's just go with it. Anyone know?

Yes, the battery is not required to run the car since it has a regular, but small, engine. It's really not that much slower sans battery.

that combo will just last 1 week.. it is better to choose other car that works with oil

No, this is a great choice, stick with it!

Im kinda in under pressure lol
💡
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
Sorry for the late choise

Dammit zero, didnt see your post. XD so.. This one or the honda?

Your call, Kuul (but make it quick!)

I prefer that you just stick with your original choice, but here's your last chance to decide..

A life lesson I always remind myself of is "Don't second guess yourself, you are probably right the first time."

Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 replaces the Lexus.

Red bull on Monaco..

Ok no :sly:
in 10 minutes ill post the Combo

Honda CR-Z Touring Car
Suzuka

The December 9th lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

EDIT: On a related note, I am hereby implementing a rule that limits our weekly lineup to only one paid DLC car and one paid DLC track per week. This will limit the number of drivers who have to miss races because they don't want to purchase the DLC. (It'll also prevent the lineup from being flooded by the recently allowed TC cars).

Last edited:
Sorry - the copy didn't catch the tires ........ my bad.

I really appreciate the generosity of the SNAILs who've purchased DLC for other members (namely tcrash and jobyone), but I'm not sure we should assume that kind of generosity. Can any new member who joins expect to have the required DLC given to them? If it happens, that's great! But should they expect it? Know what I mean?

EDIT: Okay I've change my mind. As cheeb would say, "the juice isn't worth the squeeze".

I'm going to add a note to every welcome message I send to new members. It'll state that we sometimes race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

The note will continue on to say that if they want to ensure participation in all of our races, they will need to own these three add-on packs. Otherwise, they will have to sit out those races. This way, every new member knows from the start what they are expected to have and nobody is obligated to purchase the DLC for them unless they want to.

That being said, I still don't want a lineup in which all three rounds have TC cars!

Last edited:
That being said, I still don't want a lineup in which all three rounds have TC cars!

I do! Especially if they're all Skylines! :dunce:

Can any new member who joins expect to have the required DLC given to them?

Definitely not. I wouldn't expect even the most generous SNAIL to give anything to a brand new member.

Back