◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
JoeW
Honestly, in alot of situations, I think a controller would have the advantage over the wheel.

All the gas, brake and turning are all instant. No lag from one extreme to the other. Definitely an advantage. Now there are disadvantages as well...but a good controller user will have an advantage in alot of situations.

The controller also has a progressive steering angle. You get full lock sitting still. At speeds the wheels only turn so far with controller. Wheel. You can crank'em on around and really make'em scream. LoL

Joe. Go ahead and open it up. I've got to change oils.

Did five or six laps on each track. None of the cars are broken in or even have oil changed lol. But here are some lap times for everyone to work off of.

- 1:46.664 Tokyo R246 Corvette ZR1 C6

1:46??? without oil changed? WDF you sure you are not using the lexus?

An F1 series I ran in actually considered banning ds3 users. Fortunately tire wear is much better with a wheel so it all evens out over 50 laps.

Last edited:
Honestly, in alot of situations, I think a controller would have the advantage over the wheel.

All the gas, brake and turning are all instant. No lag from one extreme to the other.
Since 2.09 it's unresponsive.
Definitely an advantage. Now there are disadvantages as well...but a good controller user will have an advantage in alot of situations.
The difference wheel vs ds3 is bigger unfortunately since 2.09 (not in ds3 favor).Since you can't scrub off speed with the ds3 and everything understeer post 2.09... it's awful.

Since 2.09 it's unresponsive. The difference wheel vs ds3 is bigger unfortunately since 2.09 (not in ds3 favor).Since you can't scrub off speed with the ds3 and everything understeer post 2.09... it's awful.

I dont know what you are talking about.. :sly:
maybe because we keep changing cars all the weeks i haven't noticed the change

Holy hell this corvette is hard to drive on tokyo, in d1 practicing if anyone wants in.

Running about 2:19-2:20 on suzuka, so that should be about 4-5 laps. Running in the high 1:40's and smashing every wall with the vette.

This does not bode well for me... :-(

The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM:

1472-6399-9009-5382-3375

Everyone else, please join the RED ROOM:

1472-6118-3830-2745-4304

We have snails coming out of the woodwork!

Does this mean we should consider having 3 practice rooms?

Last edited:
Bogus! Perfect end to a perfect day... (I work with complete morons!) and now the practice room is full... :ouch: Just as well, my mood isn't as rosy as it should be. Maybe I will finish getting my cars ready for this weekend and later mob on over to D1 for a few laps... On the other side of that coin, it's hard to be too upset about full rooms. How cool is it that we SNAILs are just that popular, even on a practice night. I suppose it is like your favorite club or diner... Best get there early!! Rock on SNAILS!!

I am usually only able to get 2-3 practice races in on a work night, so if you are running late, you can grab a spot from me pretty easily.

CR-Z TC?! Time to break out da PIRTEK yo! :D

7128492985_3cc97fbff0_z.jpg

The reason for user title is know shown :sly:.

Edit: P.S This would be my normal colour scheme for all my cars but I like to mix it up with other colours too. You only have to have a glance in here to see a few of my other Pirtek cars ;).

Last edited:
Room is full but I would love to get some practice in if people want to stick around for a while:)

jobyone
Room is full but I would love to get some practice in if people want to stick around for a while:)

Blue room has space. Bring your ZR1. We are finishing last S2000 race now.

Help needed finding paint chip:

Hibiscus Red Pearl ( isn't under pearls)

I set it to name and scroll to the H's myself.

7C49C95E-9CA3-47AE-9299-5AF10710495E-5291-000003F192250683.jpg

Thank you

Back