◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Things did not get any better... Considering the circumstances, I think we need to figure out a way to drop the night as a whole from the points. There were many season-ruining mistakes made in tonights program and it isn't fair to those who got the proverbial short end of the stick.

Also, I would like to inform everyone that I will be going on vacation this coming Friday and I'm not sure what my SNAIL availablity will be like. I will be taking my PS3 so there is a good chance I can make the Sunday program as well as the weekday events if my internet connection is decent. There is also a good chance that I will be doing some swerving since "Tis the season to get lit", so pass with caution.

So if I don't see some of you, have a Merry Christmas (or a happy holiday depending on your preference) and good luck with the apocolypse.

Hope you guys had some close clean racing tonight:) if you feel you need a bit of fun head to

Edit new room 1472-4711-0382-0866-6893

Last edited:
DARN YOU KUULKRINESCHWERMINHEIMER (I forgot your entire name)

I messed up the first two races so badly that even though I set pole in the amuse and Corvette and got first in the last four races YOU GOT 86 POINTS AND I GOT 85 I'M SO AMAZED RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO FLIP A TABLE!

If I wasn't clear I'm not angry at all, just flabbergasted on top of shocked. I mean I won for races in a row and set pole twice... I thought I had it :dunce:

Next week kuul. Next week.

I messed up the first two races so badly that even though I set pole in the amuse and Corvette and got first in the last four races YOU GOT 86 POINTS AND I GOT 85 I'M SO AMAZED RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO FLIP A TABLE!

If I wasn't clear I'm not angry at all, just flabbergasted on top of shocked. I mean I won for races in a row and set pole twice... I thought I had it :dunce:

I know how you feel. I managed 2 wins, 2 seconds, and a pole, and still came up short. Racing in D3 was NUTS (in a good way most of the time).

P.S.: Hey, a fellow Kansas Citian! Digital high-five 👍

At the expense of others..... Wait for complaints...

racefan78
I know how you feel. I managed 2 wins, 2 seconds, and a pole, and still came up short. Racing in D3 was NUTS (in a good way most of the time).

P.S.: Hey, a fellow Kansas Citian! Digital high-five 👍

Holy crap! *high five* 👍

Have you ever gone to a track day at heartland park? I'm doing a DE event in the spring and it might be fun to have a little snail irl action next summer ;)

That was ****ing ****!!!

We start the first race and I start seventh on the grid. I get up to fourth by the end of the first lap. I have to say, that is fantastic given how slow I am.

There was only one lap. The lap count had not been set. So we have to restart that race. I specifically ask what the orders are. Are we going to regrid or just go? As I understood it, we were going to regrid. People were even trying to figure out where they started on the grid.

The race restarts. I'm now ninth on the grid. I hold the brakes (along with one other driver) and everyone else goes.

The race is not restarted. **** that. I was robbed. I know I'm not good, I know I'm not special, I know I'm not important, but I would at least like a ****ing chance.

Sorry about what happened, Vol. Things usually run much smoother than that. I hope it doesn't discourage you from racing next week. :guilty:

That was ****ing ****!!!

We start the first race and I start seventh on the grid. I get up to fourth by the end of the first lap. I have to say, that is fantastic given how slow I am.

There was only one lap. The lap count had not been set. So we have to restart that race. I specifically ask what the orders are. Are we going to regrid or just go? As I understood it, we were going to regrid. People were even trying to figure out where they started on the grid.

The race restarts. I'm now ninth on the grid. I hold the brakes (along with one other driver) and everyone else goes.

The race is not restarted. **** that. I was robbed. I know I'm not good, I know I'm not special, I know I'm not important, but I would at least like a ****ing chance.

I understand how you feel. 2nd round first race, with my standard awesomeness, I came in dead last. Second race, reverse grid, I should have lined up first but something happened and I ended up lining up like 7th or 8th. It was just a weird night all around. I also hope that it won't bum you out too much and that you come out and race with us next week.

Cheers all and aside from a few ghosts in the machine, I still had a great night of racing!!👍

Holy crap! *high five* 👍

Have you ever gone to a track day at heartland park? I'm doing a DE event in the spring and it might be fun to have a little snail irl action next summer ;)

Nope, never have, but that sounds like a blast! I'd love to give it a try this summer. Is there some kind of aplication process you have to go through? Or is it just a show up and drive kinda thing?

racefan78
Nope, never have, but that sounds like a blast! I'd love to give it a try this summer. Is there some kind of aplication process you have to go through? Or is it just a show up and drive kinda thing?

For a track day you just pay the $100 in advance then show up with your proof of insurance, registration, and a helmet (I think)

For a DE I'm not entirely sure, but I know it's a little more costly as well as way more track time. Plus DE stands for driver instructor so every time you go out you have a DE instructor in your car helping you break bad habits while forming good ones. Plus a DE event is two days instead of one 👍 just make sure you have new tires and brakes on your car and plan on replacing them Sunday night lol Heartland park is absolute hell on your right front tire 👎

Hopefully I'll see you there! Whenever you go, if you do, look for the scraggly teenager in a ratty old Trans am that's kicking butt. Not to brag, but my 87 TA has kept up and passed a few 325D's out there. One still had the window sticker on it and my headlights are broke so they're stuck up!

Sorry if I got carried away. I'm still worked up from tonights racing and thinking back to the track gets me worked up even more. :gtflag:

Thank you to all the members of Division 5 who helped make tonight run as smooth as possible in Handlebar's absence.

DIVISION 1:

Race 1-
C2CA697B-85D2-4E06-B589-9825B585CF1F-10060-00000842E25DEE78.jpg
23EF67A7-8A01-4F4C-81B1-1434B2716BDF-10060-00000842E9D90D2D.jpg

Race 2-
2A78E7D7-1E6B-489F-9442-9B99EF14B5F0-10060-00000842EFD6186A.jpg
4FC71D98-C26B-472C-94B3-B5A8DEBFBC7B-10060-00000842F6610D25.jpg

Race 3-
C8F1C534-7758-4C3A-811F-9D85A7376198-10060-00000842FD401913.jpg
6CA1874F-A90D-4072-8C2A-1297AB201313-10060-000008430415319D.jpg

Qualifying order and Votes:
2A44D67A-AF65-4F16-A709-346F5AEBB0B1-10060-000008431021EEB2.jpg

Got all replays expect the first S2000 as I DC'd during qualifying and had trouble getting back in. So reset the interwebz and was able to get back in and fine. Outside monitors didn't work as IP rolled with reset. So spent three laps of second S2000 trying to change the IP and race. LoL I got it though.

Good fun all in all.

Thank you to all the members of Division 5 who helped make tonight run as smooth as possible in Handlebar's absence.

Thank YOU for recording all the poles, finishes, and elimination votes! :cheers:

DIVISION 1:

Got all replays expect the first S2000 as I DC'd during qualifying and had trouble getting back in. So reset the interwebz and was able to get back in and fine. Outside monitors didn't work as IP rolled with reset. So spent three laps of second S2000 trying to change the IP and race. LoL I got it though.

Good fun all in all.

Thanks Owens! Sorry you keep having do this picture thing last minute, but it's really appreciated. 👍

Thank YOU for recording all the poles, finishes, and elimination votes! :cheers:

Very cordial race meet tonight in Div 5. Good competition throughout the field - even us guys in the back had a good nose-to-tail going for a few laps.

Skills - I read that Luckyluc had to study for finals and wouldn't be able to race tonight. Wonder where all the other drivers were tonight? Finished up with 6 in the last set.

Thanks for taking Handle's place toight - thought the races went very well.
Later, Driver
TEX

Vol Jbolaz
That was ****ing ****!!!

so i was right behind you in that race. i couldnt see the rest of the pack but this is racing. when the other guy goes you go. no question. gas first ask questions last. you know how many parade laps ive been on and thought we were getting another lap or someone obviously jumped the start but green was thrown. honestly get over it. i didnt even think complaining how i just followed you but honestly after everyone went you should gone and you were still sitting there

Div 3 was a lot of fun tonight. Now, if I can just find another second or two I might get out of backmarker status.

So pissed rite now lol missed my first snail race due to ssome scum bag
Setting my car alarm off then I caught him looking into my neighbors is300
So I decied to call the cops 4 officers showed up and searched his car and did nothing but say we can't make him leave cause his licens is suspended wtf.....
So the cops leave and this kid sat for 2 hrs then decode to leave, if this kid returns he's got it coming!
:crazy::ouch::crazy::ouch::scared:👎:grumpy::yuck: lol

Need to turn penalties off on tracks like Tokyo...

Yeah it's another where it's near impossible to cut on so is unneeded anyway :P.

Sorry again fell asleep of bordum B specing my Vette woke up at 4am and decided to stay out since it would have been nearly finished..

Here are the official results from our league night on December 9th, 2012

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worst_Driver -- voted to eliminate Round 2 90 points (92.25 for Prize A)
  2. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. redsoxboy80 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. z06fun1 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. DownStyle --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. JazzVanWolfe ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. Torino-IKA -------- did not submit a vote
  • Forcednduckshn ---- DNR
  • gatordaryl -------- DNR
  • dgafaboutany1420 -- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • dabneyd ----------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • TSR_KOSMIC_CAN ---- DNR
  • SPOLTY ------------ DNR
  • doodlemonoply ----- DNR
Division 2
  1. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 90 points (84.6 for Prize C)
  2. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • tcrash15 ---------- DNR
  • wackylatino ------- DNR
  • AJK-VAIL ---------- DNR
  • GTP_PaulMac ------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 86 points (86 for Prize B)
  2. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. GTP_mike46an2 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. spooble ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. GTP_BeRandom ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  • NashNGW ----------- DNR
  • Maxime0911 -------- DNR
  • RAM_SAM ----------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 86 points (84.58 for prize purposes)
  2. GTP_SGPracing ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. KuulKriine -------- did not submit a vote
  5. lifesagamble420 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. socalracer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. weaver-2009_ ------ did not submit a vote
  11. Vol_Jbolaz -------- did not submit a vote
  • Sandblazter ------- DNR
  • Schmiggz ---------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • NateD29 ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. Jfin07* ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 90 points (82.8 for prize purposes)
  2. codeblue111 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. iroquois-- -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Obi-Tonobi -------- did not submit a vote
  8. canuckleheadII ---- did not submit a vote
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • cosasquez --------- DNR
  • luckyluc93 -------- DNR
  • Handlebar-Man ----- DNR
  • Solbergg ---------- DNR
  • Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
  • Sirhankysur ------- DNR
  • iceandspice ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
  • the2armedmen ------ DNR
  • OUTLAW---666 ------ DNR
  • sunnypuff --------- DNR
  • jboy32 ------------ DNR
* - used driving line

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 @Tokyo R246

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since GTP_Worst_Driver wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 2 - Amuse S2000 R1 '04 @Nürburgring GP/F

Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since Luv2Coach gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to BerdiyevA so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
so i was right behind you in that race. i couldnt see the rest of the pack but this is racing. when the other guy goes you go. no question. gas first ask questions last. you know how many parade laps ive been on and thought we were getting another lap or someone obviously jumped the start but green was thrown. honestly get over it. i didnt even think complaining how i just followed you but honestly after everyone went you should gone and you were still sitting there

SoCalRacer310, I'll have to disagree with you.

We've dealt with restarts in the past - and the need to listen to a director's instructions, but it's not in the current OLR.

I do think we need to update the Standing Start portion of the Snail OLR to reflect the changes. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7383352#post7383352

Actually I don't see the need to do that. Drivers should be listening to the director and nobody else in cases like that. These are often case-by-case situations and there is more than one way to take care of things. Putting things in the OLR would just be an attempt to put down all of the answers and would just end up bloated.

I guess I could just put, "listen to your director."

Last edited:
Back