◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
so i was right behind you in that race. i couldnt see the rest of the pack but this is racing. when the other guy goes you go. no question. gas first ask questions last. you know how many parade laps ive been on and thought we were getting another lap or someone obviously jumped the start but green was thrown. honestly get over it. i didnt even think complaining how i just followed you but honestly after everyone went you should gone and you were still sitting there

If the laps were not set correctly and the grid was not correct, the director should have instructed everyone to re-grid, or better yet, line up correctly during free run. The default response to this should not be "just go." Listen to the race director. If he didn't call for a re-grid that's one thing, but if everyone just went off racing after they were told to re-grid, that's a problem.

Hey everyone, just wanted to call some attention to the section of the results post in green text. As I mentioned here, I want to find a way to have racecraft rewarded with opportunities to select Prize A and Prize B.

I never had a chance to let you guys know the details of what I had in mind, but now that you see it I'd like to get some feedback. While I like the idea of allowing a multiple prize winner to hand pick who gets to his prize instead of him, I think I like the idea of the entire division voting on it even more.

Often times, the fact that someone scores enough points to win a prize is an indication that the didn't battle in the pack as much as the other drivers in their division did. Therefore, they might not have as good of a sense on who was exhibiting outstanding racecraft in their division. My only concern is that putting it to a vote might over-complicate things and slow the prize process down. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, just wanted to call some attention to the section of the results post in green text. As I mentioned here, I want to find a way to have racecraft rewarded with opportunities to select Prize A and Prize B.

I never had a chance to let you guys know the details of what I had in mind, but now that you see it I'd like to get some feedback. While I like the idea of allowing a multiple prize winner to hand pick who gets to his prize instead of him, I think I like the idea of the entire division voting on it even more.

Often times, the fact that someone scores enough points to win a prize is an indication that the didn't battle in the pack as much as the other drivers in their division did. Therefore, they might not have as good of a sense on who was exhibiting outstanding racecraft in their division. My only concern is that putting it to a vote might over-complicate things and slow the prize process down. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Why not give the prize to the racecraft award winner from the previous month for that division? If they are not eligible, go to the month before until you get someone that can win. It would make the process quicker as the voting has already been done by the division.

I'm not sure i like this idea. I get rewarding good racecraft and all. But if luv isn't eligible for prize b, shouldn't he and the prize c winner switch up? He won the right too a prize by winning after all. Being forced to pick a different racer to take the prize you rightfully won is kinda a kick in the nuts.

Rallywagon
I'm not sure i like this idea. I get rewarding good racecraft and all. But if luv isn't eligible for prize b, shouldn't he and the prize c winner switch up? He won the right too a prize by winning after all. Being forced to pick a different racer to take the prize you rightfully won is kinda a kick in the nuts.

I like that. Not the kick in the nuts part.

dabneyd
If the laps were not set correctly and the grid was not correct, the director should have instructed everyone to re-grid, or better yet, line up correctly during free run. The default response to this should not be "just go." Listen to the race director. If he didn't call for a re-grid that's one thing, but if everyone just went off racing after they were told to re-grid, that's a problem.

i wasnt arguing that what was done was right. but there are alot of variables to whats going on. i just appreciate the snails for giving me a place to race. my point was no matter what should been done if you are 10th on the grid and everyone takes off its pretty fair to say you should also. yes there were problems. i thought we were regridding but whatever its no biggy i had fun

1. What about the guy that finished second.
2. Or the past champion of that division.
3. Or the race craft winner like you said.
Just my thoughts of keeping the prize and prize winner within the division.

Why not give the prize to the racecraft award winner from the previous month for that division? If they are not eligible, go to the month before until you get someone that can win. It would make the process quicker as the voting has already been done by the division.

I thought about that, but cheeb and I decided not to continue with the "good racecraft" vote. The participation level in a couple of the divisions simply wasn't high enough. There was even one example of a driver winning a T-shirt by getting one single vote.

That being said, the plan was to use Prize A and Prize B as another way of rewarding good racecraft. I guess we could revive the "good racecraft" vote and just use it for the purpose of selecting Prize A and Prize B winners. I also like seeing which drivers are regarded by their peers as having good racecraft (and also seeing who isn't :odd:).

The way you described if is the way we've almost always done it. The only difference is that Prize C isn't upgraded to Prize B if the Prize B winner has already won it that month. And while it's true that a prize is taken away from someone who earned it, it's only taken away if they've already won it that month.

I prefer to maximize the number of drivers that have a shot a winning Prize A and Prize B rather than have it repeatedly won by the same drivers. The fact that this new policy doubles as a way to reward good racecraft makes it a no-brainer to me. I think it's important to keep good racecraft as this league's #1 priority, so it only makes sense to link it to this league's #1 prizes somehow. 👍

Well I am new to GT5 so I would like to try and join up. Benzkid89 is my PSN ID.

Hi Benzkid89,
Welcome to GT5 and to :gtplanet:. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join us:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM me with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. I assign you to the division that I fell will give you the closest competition.
4. I send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Agreed. Totally.

1. What about the guy that finished second.
2. Or the past champion of that division.
3. Or the race craft winner like you said.
Just my thoughts of keeping the prize and prize winner within the division.

Of the three options you listed, only one of them vastly increases the number of drivers that have a chance to win Prize A or Prize B. And only one of your three options rewards good racecraft. The fact that the same option does both is why I like it so much. :dopey:

Agreed. Totally.

Coach, even without this new policy your prize would have gone to the Prize C winner anyways. Nobody has been allowed to win more than one of Prize A or Prize B in the same month for a long time. So considering that you won Prize B just one week ago, you wouldn't have gotten it again regardless. Hopefully that removes any "kicked in the nuts" feeling you had when you read that you weren't getting Prize B again.

SoCalRacer310, I'll have to disagree with you.

We've dealt with restarts in the past - and the need to listen to a director's instructions, but it's not in the current OLR.

I do think we need to update the Standing Start portion of the Snail OLR to reflect the changes. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7383352#post7383352

BTW,
Newbie here kept starting the races; not sure if the is aware that there is a race director. Once he started the race when the whole field was not on track yet.

👎

I already have a combo in mind, it's gonna be original, believe me. :sly:

That's the scariest thing I've heard all day.

I think I might know what he has in mind. :scared: If I'm right, at least Oshawa-Joe will be happy about it! :lol:

:) Ooo looking forward to this! Spa??? :D

Congrats on the win, big room and a ton of super fast dudes! Well done! I am 50/50 for this weekend but hope to make the following weekend for sure 👍

Cheers,

Hopefully you can make this weekend because we won't be having official races the following weekend. It'll be too close to Christmas to have five full grids so instead we'll be having a special event to celebrate the one year anniversary of S.N.A.I.L. 👍

More details to come, but let's just say that we'll be giving out five free copies of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

Actually, this seems like less of a "kick in the nuts" then just being forced to give the prize to the prize c winner. At least this way you get some say in who gets to pick the combo, so you can give the choice to someone with similar tastes to you. I like the idea 👍

Dragonwhisky
Only if you're on the cover. ;)

LoL

dabneyd
We changed that, but I can't find where. I think the limit was raised to accommodate those cars.

I'll start sending a Level 24 tickets (FGT AND F1/F10) to Division 1

If I send FR from my side ps3's I can three tickets a day.

So with that. Let me know and I'll start sending them.

Back