◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Well, what about giving it to a different deserving racer? bump c winner to b and then the first runner up (the 4th place first place if you will) C. This gives you two possible back ups too.

Hmm, Formula GT at Spa?

Can't be the X1 or F1 due to the cost :grumpy:

We changed that, but I can't find where. I think the limit was raised to accommodate those cars.

I think the limit is 5 Million.

Actually, the X1 is what I was guessing Worst-Driver might be thinking about. The $5M limit is to prevent it from being too difficult to purchase any particular car that was selected. However, now that we allow cars from the Racing Car Pack to be selected, isn't that a way around $5M limit? Since you can't buy those cars with GT credits anyways - they come "free" when you buy the DLC. 💡

More details to come, but let's just say that we'll be giving out five free copies of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

You rock!!! 👍
Thank you guys for the time that you put to organize this, I might say, awesome league. :cheers:

And no, I'm not thinking about the X1, my choice is way under the price limit no worries to be had, but it may be a bit hard though.

five free copies of GTPedia? hope i can get one :D

I'm guessing Jordan gave zer0 a great deal. Or maybe there is an entire chapter about SNAIL SPEC racing 💡

You rock!!! 👍
Thank you guys for the time that you put to organize this, I might say, awesome league. :cheers:

You guys can thank Santa kcheeb for the copies of GTPEDIA!! :)

We haven't completely nailed down how we're going to decide on the five winners, but one thing is certain - you must participate in our Special Event on December 23rd if you want to have any chance at all. 👍

Am I the only one that feels the average PP of the cars we are running just keeps going up? I know that it is up to the winners to choose and for us to vote off what we do not like but one of the huge draws to me for joining the league was that it seemed to race real cars. I have enjoyed the race cars, RM and Tuner cars but I would much rather race cars with lower PP. I feel they create fun, close and challenging races across all divisions.

I'll be at a Christmas party December 23rd :( and I'm planning on taking a cab home. This may as well be my official notice for not racing December 23rd.

Am I the only one that feels the average PP of the cars we are running just keeps going up? I know that it is up to the winners to choose and for us to vote off what we do not like but one of the huge draws to me for joining the league was that it seemed to race real cars. I have enjoyed the race cars, RM and Tuner cars but I would much rather race cars with lower PP. I feel they create fun, close and challenging races across all divisions.

I agree but unfortunately we are in the minority, that is why the PP continues to climb.

jobyone

I don't mind racing anything but I agree we need variety.

Both the Crz and the Amuse are fairly low PP I think, but yeah we have used some painfully slow cars in the past. I recall Miss Devious once saying " this car doesn't have enough horse power to get out of it's own way"

I agree but unfortunately we are in the minority, that is why the PP continues to climb.

No, I really don't think that is the case. I think that most winners choose a car they like instead of a car that will provide close racing. Honestly, I don't like the NSX RM very much, but I picked it because it would make the racing close. We would have wound up with an FF when I chose if I had picked the car I really wanted, but it would have been voted off after one week. Instead we got one of the longest running cars in the league's history.

And no, I'm not thinking about the X1, my choice is way under the price limit no worries to be had, but it may be a bit hard though.

Whew, that's a bit of a relief! I'm not saying I'd oppose the X1 being selected, but it would definitely cause a racecraft nightmare and would almost assuredly be a one-and-done selection. :nervous:

I'm with you guys on that. I enjoy the lower PP cars as well. 👍

But what I enjoy the most is variety. An ideal week for me would be a low PP car in Round 1, a 450-500PP street car in Round 2, and an RM or TC car in Round 3. :)

…and there won't be until the results are finalized. You're a steward, Joe. You drunk?

Apmaddock
…and there won't be until the results are finalized. You're a steward, Joe. You drunk?

Wish I was. How many complaints have you seen?

Lesson in car control? What the heck was the GT1 at Cape Ring? Sounds interesting!

Last edited:
I like that feeling to be the only one to know something. I'm powerful MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
From now on, I'm not saying a word until the results are official. I may not even be able to participate this sunday but I'll do my best to be here, I wouldn't want to miss my combo. (Damn you real life obligations)

Both the Crz and the Amuse are fairly low PP I think, but yeah we have used some painfully slow cars in the past. I recall Miss Devious once saying " this car doesn't have enough horse power to get out of it's own way"

While I agree the CRZ is low PP for the tires it is on. The Amuse is nice but I would not call a 460 ish PP car a low PP. I am talking 400pp or lower

But what I enjoy the most is variety. An ideal week for me would be a low PP car in Round 1, a 450-500PP street car in Round 2, and an RM or TC car in Round 3. :)
👍👍

Last edited:
While I agree the CRZ is low PP for the tires it is on. The Amuse is nice but I would not call a 460 ish PP car a low PP. I am talking 400pp or lower

👍👍

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy 400-420 pp, but 460 is low compared to 1000. Not that I race much at that level anymore.

Whew, that's a bit of a relief! I'm not saying I'd oppose the X1 being selected, but it would definitely cause a racecraft nightmare and would almost assuredly be a one-and-done selection. :nervous:

I'm with you guys on that. I enjoy the lower PP cars as well. 👍

That's the perfect Sunday night for me. 👍

I'll race anything and try to enjoy it. . . but sometimes it just sucks. ;)

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

The more I think about it the less I like the "alternate prize winner" situation. I don't know if it's still up for discussion, but…

It's becoming convoluted and less about the racing as you have it, zer0. I totally understand the reasons for not allowing someone to win the same prize twice a month. Rally's suggestions (and the old way of doing things) makes a lot more sense to me.If Prize A is won for a second time by someone, give Prize A to the Prize B winner and Prize B to the Prize A winner. If someone wins four times, give the fourth place winner the prize.

It's simple and logical, really. Racecraft is great and why we're here, racing with SNAIL, but it is too subjective and too slow of a process to try to give someone a pick based on that.

Monday Night Madness
8263181774_7201030f47_b.jpg

8263181892_a062328715_b.jpg

A nice drift session with Rally and weaver. Are we on for tonight?

Originally I joined SNAIL for the close, competitive, and CLEAN Spec racing. This was back when only the top 3 of Division 1 were awarded prizes. That was completely fine with me, because it was a goal to really strive for.

Since the new prize allocation has been in place, there has been a lot more discussion about things that aren't racing. GT5 is not, and will not be, real life racing. I think the focus of exciting races has been lost to the idea of, "I haven't won a prize so the system is somehow flawed."

Only recently did I win my first prize, and it felt great. But up until then, I never felt that anything about this league was unfair. My suggestion is to keep things simple. The stewards and directors volunteer their own personal time and do an amazing job with SNAIL. My vote is to not make more work for them.

It's becoming convoluted and less about the racing as you have it, zer0. I totally understand the reasons for not allowing someone to win the same prize twice a month. Rally's suggestions (and the old way of doing things) makes a lot more sense to me.If Prize A is won for a second time by someone, give Prize A to the Prize B winner and Prize B to the Prize A winner. If someone wins four times, give the fourth place winner the prize.

It's simple and logical, really. Racecraft is great and why we're here, racing with SNAIL, but it is too subjective and too slow of a process to try to give someone a pick based on that.

I agree. When did everything become so complicated, what happened to the "perfect" point system that was simple, and easy to determine who got the most points of the night, why must the driver that either got lucky, or was the fastest of the night suffer because there's only 8 drivers in the room, it's not their fault other drivers didn't show up to race. I don't know about others, but I'd much rather win in a race where there are 7 or 8 racers that are within 5 seconds like there was this past Sunday in D2, you had to earn a win. Also imagine this, there are two racers that manage to both get 100 points somehow, one driver has five others, and the other has 10. The driver with five other drivers wins all his races with less than five seconds separating him and second in every race, and the other driver wins by at least ten seconds every race. Now who do you think deserves to get prize A?

Sorry for rambling, but everything's slowly getting more and more complicated. But at the end of the day, it's all about the driving.

Is this open lobby racing? Goal? Objective? Challenge?

Im up for some seat time!:dopey:

Last Monday we did some drifting on custom tracks. If we get a couple more people we could do cat and mouse. It was in D2 but we could do open lobby also.

Momma didn't raise no fool, APMaddock. I concur with your assessment.

I like solutions that have most of these characteristics (in no particular order):

Quick - to implement or interpret
Easy to do - no major spreadsheets or tools, no additional college courses needed
Cheap - I am a teacher, and... 'Thrifty' so...
Effective- advance towards the objective

Works for me, at least.

Back