◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I think that's great idea as far as giving a wider range of driver the opportunity to pick (or at least influence) the car and track combos. However, it doesn't really reward racecraft, which is one of the objectives I was hoping to accomplish so long as it can be done in a logical and efficient way. That being said, I have to admit that Coach's random selection isn't what I had in mind lol. Perhaps we'll give your idea a shot next time we have a repeat winner.

I had to choose a fair way to select 1 of 3 as I said. If there is a three-way tie and no "tie breaker", then that is the only fair way to choose; imo. Using probability methods is the only logical way to choose as far as I know. 💡

Someone(Nic-KL?) ran a 1:34 dead.
I got a 33.7 ,but the room was on weak grip/no tire wear.....I got a 1:33.611 later with grip on real/tire wear.

After tunnel sector time:

47.875 // 1:33.611 lap
48.003 // 1:33.738 lap

lol I almost got the exact same 2nd half.

If you can get around 48 flat , you're heading for a great lap.

I think that's great idea as far as giving a wider range of driver the opportunity to pick (or at least influence) the car and track combos. However, it doesn't really reward racecraft, which is one of the objectives I was hoping to accomplish so long as it can be done in a logical and efficient way...

I like Owen's idea as well - but can wrap in Zer05ive's goal for racecraft. :gtpflag:

In a wildly exaggerated, hypothetical example, I somehow win D5... twice. OK - stop laughing, I know it is exaggerated... :dopey:

Once I find out my prize, I send a PM to the D5 guys. They respond to me with their suggested track or car. I choose one of those suggestions, but only from the folks who are not on probation.

Or something like that.

kendawg, just a quick tip that when you delete the first…

I noticed that too. Sorry, not as good as everyone else.. I need a Zer05ive computor class....:)
But I do like that idea..

That's too funny. zer0's
help messed up your fixed quote! Some days you just can't make a nickel.

To save time, what combo did the Cobra @ Trial Mtn. replace? Too tired to go back and find post for votes.

…then I'm too annoyed to look it up for you. I mean, come on! (I realize someone else wasn't too annoyed)

Oh Spooble....Spooble?

Looking forward to hearing your idea!

{idea}
Or something like that.

…or we get something like this, i.e. still no choice.

1. What about banning anyone on probation from winning a prize selection? That way the fastest clean driver wins?

2. Would any S.N.A.I.Ls like to schedule a late night practice session for this weeks combos?

3. On a more fun note. I would like to try and get a few late night S.N.A.I.Ls together for a low PP event.

Start time 9 pm pst the night would depend on those interested.

:)

Joby,
I can do Friday nights for this... for either late practice or a 'quick' series. I like the idea of low PP.... how about hatchbacks? The Fiat HGT Abarth has been calling my name for some time.

No that's too hard.

Just have to be fast while sideways.

Like Crabs?

Anyone has the Car / Driver Colours Link?

Last edited:
I like Owen's idea as well - but can wrap in Zer05ive's goal for racecraft. :gtpflag:

In a wildly exaggerated, hypothetical example, I somehow win D5... twice. OK - stop laughing, I know it is exaggerated... :dopey:

Once I find out my prize, I send a PM to the D5 guys. They respond to me with their suggested track or car. I choose one of those suggestions, but only from the folks who are not on probation.

Or something like that.

I prefer Owens' method of just communicating through the thread - simple and open. 👍

That being said, your idea of not allowing those on probation to make a suggestion is definitely a good way to wrap the "racecraft factor" into it. Me likes! :)

If racecraft must be factored into the prize selection, than I like this:
1. What about banning anyone on probation from winning a prize selection? That way the fastest clean driver wins?

…with this:
Rally
But if luv isn't eligible for prize b, shouldn't he and the prize c winner switch up? He won the right to a prize by winning after all.

…and this:
Rally
Well, what about giving it to a different deserving racer? bump c winner to b and then the first runner up (the 4th place first place if you will) C. This gives you two possible back ups too.

Last edited:
Banning people on probation from winning prizes takes the penalty system to a whole 'nother level punitively. NICE?

Well if they're on the naughty list......

Anyway, regarding the prizes, who really cares? Seems as if everyone publicly says "I'm just here for clean, close SPEC racing". Who is privately that hellbent on getting to choose? As far as I am concerned we could pick the combos out of a hat. Let's pick something already!

Amen to that ......... "The Committee will make a decision and then adjourn. All in favor say "Aye" - all opposed "Arrrrrg".

I'm hellbent on getting to chose! ;)

If I ever get to do that, though, I want to do it because I won the races that night, not because I didn't crash. They don't give Super Bowl rings to the players who didn't have any penalties called on them. If they did, I would probably stop watching the NFL.

Well if they're on the naughty list......

Anyway, regarding the prizes, who really cares? Seems as if everyone publicly says "I'm just here for clean, close SPEC racing". Who is privately that hellbent on getting to choose? As far as I am concerned we could pick the combos out of a hat. Let's pick something already!

I don't know about anyone else, but just because I'm here for the close racing doesn't mean I don't want to win prizes. I love the idea that sucess (and clean racing) are rewarded by getting a chance to pick the cars and tracks we race on. In fact, that oportunity was on of the reasons I joined this league, as at the time it was the only one that offered that kind of interactivity.

I mean, doesn't the "I" in SNAIL stand for interactive? Picking combos out of a hat doesn't sound very interactive to me.

After a discussion with zer0, I told him my racecraft choice is Spooble. I had to choose one of three drivers whom I thought showed good racecraft. So I used probability to use a fair random selecting process for the three drivers. Spooble was chosen. All of you guys are class and I enjoy racing here. Congrats Spooble.

And a note for those who thought the Vette was on skates; you ain't seen nothin' yet. One word...Cobra.

I appreciate it, Coach. But can you do your random, probability-ness stuff again using only the other two drivers? It's not a good week for me. I have a daughter with the flu, I'm packing and getting things ready for a trip, and I won't even be here Sunday. I'd rather the prize go to someone who actually has time to test some combos instead of just pulling one out of my posterior. :)

I appreciate it, Coach. But can you do your random, probability-ness stuff again using only the other two drivers? It's not a good week for me. I have a daughter with the flu, I'm packing and getting things ready for a trip, and I won't even be here Sunday. I'd rather the prize go to someone who actually has time to test some combos instead of just pulling one out of my posterior. :)

Thanks for letting us know, spooble. I hope your things get better soon. With that said, let's just go with Owens' idea which I said we'd try next time there was a repeat prize winner in the same month.

D3 drivers, please propose some Prize B suggestions for Luv2Coach to consider. That means you need to either suggest a car to replace the Amuse S2000 R1 '04 OR suggest a track to replace Nürburgring GP/F. Please post your suggestions publicly on the thread and not via PM.

However, if you're on probation right now, you don't get to make a suggestion.

Luv2Coach will then choose from one of your suggestions and that will be his Prize B selection. 👍

I propose that Coach just pick something and we end all of this hullaballoo.

I propose you suggest something since you're in D3. The sooner suggestions are made, the sooner Coach can choose what he wants to do with his second Prize B of the month.

Joby,
I can do Friday nights for this... for either late practice or a 'quick' series. I like the idea of low PP.... how about hatchbacks? The Fiat HGT Abarth has been calling my name for some time.

Totally awsome. How about doing this on Tuesday night. Running a race for about 30 min. then reverse grid for another 30 min.
Increase the PP by 50 each week.:sly:

Wouldn't you know it this Tuesday and Friday do not work for me:(

I like the idea of doing longer races but how about 4 15 minute races using two combos? In 10 weeks we could be running 880PP cars... oh wait this is for low PP:sly:

I love hatchbacks so bring them on. I do not want to limit drivetrains or types as I want people to be able to run what they want within the PP guidelines:)

Last edited:
D3 drivers, please propose some Prize B suggestions for Luv2Coach to consider. That means you need to either suggest a car to replace the Amuse S2000 R1 '04 OR suggest a track to replace Nürburgring GP/F. Please post your suggestions publicly on the thread and not via PM.

This is without testing, but just to throw something out there. Low PP like some have requested (though not too low since it's Nurb GP).

Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03

I don't know about anyone else, but just because I'm here for the close racing doesn't mean I don't want to win prizes. I love the idea that sucess (and clean racing) are rewarded by getting a chance to pick the cars and tracks we race on. In fact, that oportunity was on of the reasons I joined this league, as at the time it was the only one that offered that kind of interactivity.

I mean, doesn't the "I" in SNAIL stand for interactive? Picking combos out of a hat doesn't sound very interactive to me.

The interactive part is accomplished by voting combos off is it not?

Totally awsome. How about doing this on Tuesday night. Running a race for about 30 min. then reverse grid for another 30 min.
Increase the PP by 50 each week.:sly:

Wouldn't you know it this Tuesday and Friday do not work for me:(

I like the idea of doing longer races but how about 4 15 minute races using two combos? In 10 weeks we could be running 880PP cars... oh wait this is for low PP:sly:

I love hatchbacks so bring them on. I do not want to limit drivetrains or types as I want people to be able to run what they want within the PP guidelines:)

Well.. given that you are Westie and I am East...that only leaves Saturday for me. But perhaps others are avail...

Can you get on any earlier at all ? :crazy: I guess your idea is very similar in concept to the SCT series which is really fun.

Well.. given that you are Westie and I am East...that only leaves Saturday for me. But perhaps others are avail...

Can you get on any earlier at all ? :crazy: I guess your idea is very similar in concept to the SCT series which is really fun.

I know. I would love to join the normal weekday events but the time just does not work for me during the week:( I often do not get home till 8pm PST:( Stupid commute.

Suggestion or otherwise, I'll keep my choices for when I win.

I guess we could all allow Coach to win this week so that we can all pick again next week, too. :crazy:

Here's a simple solution to all this for the future. Come up with 2 more prizes. Could be as simple as driving suits and paint chips.

Another idea is make the combo replaced a 2 part prize with one person picking the track and the other the car. On the prize b combo have one person pick if it's the track or car being replaced and the other pick the replacement. The fifth prize could still be a car ticket.

Either that or just let the top three finishers win the prizes and don't worry if they won before.

Like Crabs?

Pinch pinch.
deal-with-it-crab-smoking-cigarette.gif

Back