◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,537 comments
Goodness me, what I have been missing??

PS: Please don't answer. :)

LOL. Ok. I'll just sit here and eat my roasted, cinnamon and sugar coated Pecans, drink Pepsi and smoke cigarettes, while we wait for the official car lineup to get posted.

But, if you've been "always watching", you already know what you "missed".

LOL. Ok. I'll just sit here and eat my roasted, cinnamon and sugar coated Pecans, drink Pepsi and smoke cigarettes, while we wait for the official car lineup to get posted.

Dude, you're killing me. Laughing ay your comments. Gr8 job!!

This thread is the reason I seen this at Knockhill for this/last years BTCC...

BTCCKnockhill237.jpg

:P

(P.S It is a real front end of a Mini converted into a BBQ)

hence I said don't answer ;)

Dude, you're killing me. Laughing ay your comments. Gr8 job!!

Just so long as someone is amused by what I say. :D :lol: :cheers:

I was considering watching some Captain Kangaroo while I was busy smokin' the aforementioned cigarettes, but I don't have a TV in my garage. Reckon I'll see about practicing in the Cobra on SS tires instead of the SHs I was stupidly running last night. Heading to D1 for a bit before I set up the break-in run for that car that got picked.

hence I said don't answer ;)

Hence why I put some random gastronomical comment in while I've been vamping while we waited for the boss man to get us all down the path to racing righteousness. :sly: ;)

The TT in my dealership shows 421 pp and in my garage it is 417 pp. Either way shouldn't it be sports hard on the TTs?
Giggity

Wow, a front wheel drive car, rear wheel drive, and all wheel drive car on the same week :lol: The lineup looks like it should be fun and I can't wait to finally get back to racing with you guys on Sunday. 👍

The TT in my dealership shows 421 pp and in my garage it is 417 pp. Either way shouldn't it be sports hard on the TTs?
Giggity

Good catch, thanks! I forgot to change that over after replacing the Amuse S2000. I've just corrected the lineup with the correct tires for (the new) Round 1. 👍

Thanks for letting us know, spooble. I hope your things get better soon. With that said, let's just go with Owens' idea which I said we'd try next time there was a repeat prize winner in the same month.

D3 drivers, please propose some Prize B suggestions for Luv2Coach to consider. That means you need to either suggest a car to replace the Amuse S2000 R1 '04 OR suggest a track to replace Nürburgring GP/F. Please post your suggestions publicly on the thread and not via PM.

However, if you're on probation right now, you don't get to make a suggestion.

Luv2Coach will then choose from one of your suggestions and that will be his Prize B selection. 👍

As you can see, the instructions given were a little vague. What should have been stated was:

D3 drivers, please make ONE suggestion for a prize B selection and post it here in the thread. At (insert time here) those sugestions will be combined into one post and Luv2Coach will make his choice from the suggestions. If you are currently on probation, please do not make a suggestion.

Something like that might have taken care of some of the confusion.

Wow, a front wheel drive car, rear wheel drive, and all wheel drive car on the same week :lol: The lineup looks like it should be fun and I can't wait to finally get back to racing with you guys on Sunday. 👍

You're not the only one who can't wait.. Your fellow aliens are wanting you to phone home! ;)

Spent last night at our local go karting track, our if 75,000 racers i was in the top 20. See SNAIL can change what your driving is like in real life too, thanks guys

Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to say if you are good enough to win a prize twice in a month then no prize for you because it's not fair to others. It'd be like saying to Vettel "since you won the championship before I'm going to give the prize to someone else." To me if you're lucky enough to win two or more times in a month you should win something extra not be penalized for being skillful. Just my .02

Spent last night at our local go karting track, our if 75,000 racers i was in the top 20. See SNAIL can change what your driving is like in real life too, thanks guys

So you can race karts for real on Tuesday but can't practice fake racing on Wednesdays?

That does not surprise me. Now get a wheel for GT5:)

Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to say if you are good enough to win a prize twice in a month then no prize for you because it's not fair to others.
Not at all…

Do you really want to go down that road again? When was the last time we allowed someone to win the same prize twice in the same month?? :rolleyes:

I don't know when, specifically, the last time was and to me it really doesn't matter. There often comes a point when the rules (of anything, not just SNAIL) get so convoluted and out of touch that you just want to go back to the basics with them so that you can have back what makes simple solid sense. I'd say the US government is a prime example of where this would be well applied.

This week showed us all just how bad this could get (almost).

Haha...glad I checked back here before tonight. I broke in my Enzo yesterday evening only to find out I need a TT instead.

Would have been awkward at practice. Like showing up to a wedding wearing a bathing suit with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a towel in the other (towels being the single most useful thing you could own).

Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to say if you are good enough to win a prize twice in a month then no prize for you because it's not fair to others. It'd be like saying to Vettel "since you won the championship before I'm going to give the prize to someone else." To me if you're lucky enough to win two or more times in a month you should win something extra not be penalized for being skillful. Just my .02

So if someone sandbags their time trial and starts cleaning house in D5, he should get Prize A for four weeks and get to select every single car and track combo for a month? That might be really fun for that driver, but it wouldn't be good for the overall league's health.

Sometimes it's important know to what aspects of real life racing we want to emulate and what aspects we don't. This is after all an online sim racing league, not a real life professional racing series. There are may aspects of real life racing that we don't encourage because drivers will simply leave the league.

Since you mentioned Vettel, I'll use him as an example. He would cut of his own teammate's head if it meant winning a race. Mark Webber would do the same to him. They are super-competitive guysdrivers who are racing with a lifetime of racing ego built-up in their heads and millions of dollars on the line.

However, when drivers in this league race with the same mindset, other drivers simply quit. And again, that's not good for the overall league's health. That's why I'm trying so hard to encourage (and even incentivise) drivers to value racecraft over winning.

Drivers who value racecraft over winning attract other drivers to this league. Drivers who value winning over racecraft cause other drivers to quit. It's simple formulas like this that are the basis for a lot of the policies of this league. So if you ever want to question why any of the policies of this league aren't more like real life, first ask yourself this question: Is it better to simulate real life racing as much as possible and have drivers leave or it is better to have policies that improve the overall health of the league?

This week showed us all just how bad this could get (almost).

I thought you enjoyed prodding that along.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have always a question and im shy to ask.You always said you broke your car . How can you broke your cars in gt5? Give me all the details.

I have always a question and im shy to ask.You always said you broke your car . How can you broke your cars in gt5? Give me all the details.

That reminds me.. Oshawa-Joe suggested that I put a link in the original post that explains how to break-in cars. I tried looking for a thread that I could link to, but I couldn't find one that was up to par. Does anyone know of a thread that does a good job of providing all of the detailed instructions and little nuances of breaking in a car? If not, is anyone willing to make a post that does this?

Last edited:
Back