◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
So we can have a 475 pp car break and a 475pp car in good shape right?

You do know what breaking in means right? If you've ever played baseball you know that you need to get used to the glove so you break it in, thus making it easy to close the glove and open the glove. Its not actually breaking the car where it needs an actual repair. Breaking in a car increases the HP and pp.

Oshawa-Joe
It is expected that you race with a fully broken in, maximum SPEC power car. Below are the steps required and the suggested break in methods. Both suggested methods require you to have B-Spec at level 27/28 in order to enter Endurance Series B-Spec races.

Cars purchased from the Online Car Dealership are fully broken in, regardless of the zero mileage reading.

Steps required:
1) Buy Car

2) Change oil

1) That is is! Your car is now at maximum SPEC power for racing in SNAILS Spec Racing.

Cars purchased from the New Car Dealership will need to be broken in. I’ve read that 186 miles is all that is required. I always break in cars by running them for 200 miles to be sure.

Steps required:
2) Buy car

3) Change oil

4) Use Bob, your B-Spec driver to break in the car at one of the following events.

Option A. With B-Spec level 27 you can enter the car in the Leguna Seca 200 mile race. Start up the race and check back in a couple of hours. Due to all the corners and breaking points, this race takes a few hours to complete. Multiply estimated lap time by 90 laps to find out how long the race will be. Go to step 5 when race is finished.

Option B. With B- Spec level 28 you can enter that car in the Indy 500 mile race (200 laps). Each lap is 2.5 miles, therefore you will only need to compete 80 laps to achieve 200 miles. The average racing speed on this track is very high, thus requiring much less time to complete the 200 mile break in period compared to racing Leguna Seca. Simply multiply the average estimated lap time by 80 laps and you will know approximately how long it will take Bob to complete 200 miles. After 80 laps you can exit the race, but only do so while the car is racing around the track . I’ve heard there are issues if you quit from the pit. Go to Step 5.

5) Go to garage and check the mileage of the car. It should be 200 miles or more.

6) Go change the oil in the car and it will now be at maximum SPEC power for racing in SNAILS Spec Racing.

Please add

option C: for those online B spec racers- like the wind indy race, requires one b spec driver but requires you start race 4 times. This race will require you drive about ten miles yourself. Or do it a fifth time.

Drgreenthumb977
So we can have a 475 pp car break and a 475pp car in good shape right?

Let me try and help you out here.

Break in on a car is the time period or distance driven that allows the engine to wear in. As a new engine is ran more it will free up drag and in turn make more power. So break in is the total distance driven before the car makes its maximum power.

A new car with oil changed makes less power then a car with 200 miles and another oil change. The later being your broken in car.
Run in.
Wore in.
Loosened up.
All mean the same.

Doubt ill get that one, most likely the gt force

They both are good and you will likely be as fast with either. The real thing to me is they elevate GT5 from being a game to something so much more. Sure it is not truly life like but it feels so much more immersive.

I think the hardest part for you will be the high PP cars that like to get the tail out. They will be harder to catch with a wheel. If you get one make sure it is anchored dow well. The scary part is I think it will make you faster in the low PP cars.

Wolfsatz
After 2 hours of going around Indy and 293 miles later....

Mine is 428 as well, perhaps the wrong Audi is being used on the one with 466 as there is a TT 07 version :crazy:

It's listed the '03 model.

Why am I suddenly nervous about you finishing last in the first race with the Audi on purpose so you sart from pole for the reverse grid. Then have you waiting until the last minute to enter the track....with the 466PP one and win easily :lol:

I don't think we've raced. I could take 466 and possibly not threaten you at all, possibly. ;-)

The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM:

1472-6118-4216-8217-1457

Everyone else, please join the RED ROOM:

1472-6118-3658-4759-6261

Mine is attached to a keyboard tray, or sometimes a high table. Some people use things like a TV tray.
7996315377_f69f75ef99_b.jpg

OK... All deceased equestrian flogging and politico shenanigans aside, practice tonight was a complete howl! I really had a great time with you guys tonight. The Shelby is a scream no matter what place you are in! (Great choice!) I am really looking forward to Sunday night. It should really show what this league is all about: Exciting racing!! (Thanks SNAILS! I really needed a night like tonight!!)👍👍

That Shelby.....precision driving is required for that thing, the minute it starts to go on me, I'm in the wall :lol:

That thing is a handful but fun. I just can't figure out how to be consistent with it yet. Turned a high 33 followed by 3 or 4 laps stuck in the 35s. Gonna have to practice this one a bit before Sunday.

Set it up on one of these. I know the owner... www.granstand.com ask if they have a discount for snails

Wish I could afford one of these. Santa are you listening?

Yeah I could use one of these too. The ergonomics of my setup are horrible (my arms have to be fully extended to grab my wheel). :yuck:

So, GranStand Bill, can you please ask the owner if there's a discount for snails? ;)

While you're at it, have the owner ask Bill if he will be joining division five this Sunday.

Back