◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
So premium car dealership sell cars in perfect shape and we have to broke the cars for 200 miles and change oil for a maximum performance. The standard cars deletship online sell cars at 0 miles but they are broken and we need to change oil first time bought. Correct me if i didnt understand the concept

You have it correct.

Actually, i agree with you.... I could not resist the 'Snails Always Follow Directions' picture, I think is just a great funny pix. :dopey:

The Audi actually reminds me a lot of tonights combo with the Cobra, but many did not like it, but it was very challenging! 👍

It was pretty funny. heheh

Thanks for the pictures!

I know someone mentioned it a few days ago but it would be nice if we could get an official PP number for each car each week. Whoever already has the cars broken in or whoever accomplishes this first could just post up and let us know.

London_1.jpg

OMG is that me? Embarrassing.:crazy:

Looks like a fun league, and it fits in with my schedule perfectly. I'd like to join in if you have any room left.
PSN:cmbeal317
Time Zone: EST

Post #24 December 16th, 2011

Hard to believe it's been a year since I typed this message up. I just wanted to take a minute to thank all here in S.N.A.I.L. for making this the best league on GTPlanet. I don't think I've ever had a bad time since I joined a year ago, and I'm hoping that every night we race will be even more enjoyable! Since I've joined my racing has become a lot better than when I started. Though I'm still pretty cautious, I will occasionally try some daredevil moves. Plus if it wasn't for S.N.A.I.L. I probably wouldn't have started S.P.E.C. Racing. Once again, a massive thank you to everyone, and here's to another great year of S.N.A.I.L.!:cheers:

cmbeal317

So I took some time today to finally address the issue with my G27 today. Turns out that the little circuit and mount for the wheel position optics is the problem. There are four screws that hold the circuit and mount on the back of one of the ffb motors. Those screws work loose after some time from the vibrations and such from the motor its mounted to. I was able to tighten them without completely breaking down the wheel. Just pop off the wheel and top cover and its right there.
Before the fix, i couldn't do more then two or three corners without the wheel loosing calibration, our any kind of contact with a wall or another car. I just tested it, an hour of drift and it never went out of alignment. Glad it was an easy fix.
On another note. Have fun racing tonight. Maybe after the new year I'll be able to get back in on Sundays again.

I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have to quit SNAIL racing. I don't have the luxury of having time to wait for cars to be broken in (I never break in my cars) and when I race seriously I stress myself out and mess up in everything. I need to stay healthy mentally and I can't keep racing on a school night at 10-11 o'clock every Sunday. It's just too much for me. I don't mean to be all dramatic about this. Good-bye and good luck to you all.

I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have to quit SNAIL racing. I don't have the luxury of having time to wait for cars to be broken in (I never break in my cars) and when I race seriously I stress myself out and mess up in everything. I need to stay healthy mentally and I can't keep racing on a school night at 10-11 o'clock every Sunday. It's just too much for me. I don't mean to be all dramatic about this. Good-bye and good luck to you all.

I'm with you about the Cars Broken in. I think nobody have time to do that(I can't do that) & the only what we want is run with the same specs. With Cars Broken in this get transform into a Power Competition.

I'm with you. I can't break in the cars. I have no time to do that. & if I don't, the gap between my car & cars broken in is so huge that it gives no desires to run.

Torino
I'm with you. I can't break in the cars. I have no time to do that. & if I don't, the gap between my car & cars broken in is so huge that it gives no desires to run.

If you ask. Most cars can be sent. Somebody will be more then willing to help and send a broken in car. I hooked dga up today with the Cobra. Dragon early this week with it too. ;)

Holy intensity Batman! That was a ridiculous amount of fun in division 5. Great racing by everyone.

Happy Anniversary cmbeal317!

Thanks everyone for a great night of racing. I just wanted to bring up a few things from tonight.

Sorry to Joby and Count for the pass in the chicanes at Nurburgring. I couldn't see at all past Count's car and I guess I didn't realize there was as little room as there was. Sorry if I was "too icey" in making that pass. No hard feelings.

Sorry to anyone I gave excessive "love taps" to, I'm out of towni on a little TV and was driving a little aggressively tonight. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thank you to Exo for giving me a great race at the end of the night. It's not very often that you can battle with someone for 6-7 laps on a PITA track, in a PITA car without making big contact or anything. You could have literally tied our cars together with a 10' rope. Someone should post the replay or at least some pics of it.

Thanks to Kleenex for producing a tissue capable of wiping the sweat off my forehead from the above comment.

Thanks to everyone who puts this series together.

Hard to believe it's been a year since I typed this message up. I just wanted to take a minute to thank all here in S.N.A.I.L. for making this the best league on GTPlanet. I don't think I've ever had a bad time since I joined a year ago, and I'm hoping that every night we race will be even more enjoyable! Since I've joined my racing has become a lot better than when I started. Though I'm still pretty cautious, I will occasionally try some daredevil moves. Plus if it wasn't for S.N.A.I.L. I probably wouldn't have started S.P.E.C. Racing. Once again, a massive thank you to everyone, and here's to another great year of S.N.A.I.L.!:cheers:

cmbeal317

Thanks for everything you've done for the league, beal! Your dedication and consistency is second to none. There is literally nobody on the planet who's race more SNAIL Sundays than you! :cheers:

And happy anniversary to your first post! :dopey:

At Weaver ^
And a big congratulations to you and your ISP for staying connected the whole evening.

At Weaver ^
And a big congratulations to you and your ISP for staying connected the whole evening.

It's only because I'm out of town...

Also a big thanks to the gentleman who owns the condo I'm staying in for purchasing internet service that comes from this century. You have made my Sunday racing experience better.

Thanks for everything you've done for the league, beal! Your dedication and consistency is second to none. There is literally nobody on the planet who's race more SNAIL Sundays than you! :cheers:

And happy anniversary to your first post! :dopey:

Indeed. If anyone wants to know how many times we've raced on Sunday, just count up how many times beal has been there and that's your answer :bowdown:

Thanks everyone for a great night of racing. I just wanted to bring up a few things from tonight.

Sorry to Joby and Count for the pass in the chicanes at Nurburgring. I couldn't see at all past Count's car and I guess I didn't realize there was as little room as there was. Sorry if I was "too icey" in making that pass. No hard feelings.
No problem. I could not see as I had ducked down beneath count and was doing everything I could not to make a mess of it. Had some great racing tonight and can say that any off I had was totally my fault. Was some awesome racing.

No problem. I could not see as I had ducked down beneath count and was doing everything I could not to make a mess of it. Had some great racing tonight and can say that any off I had was totally my fault. Was some awesome racing.

It's tough when you don't know exactly where everyone is or what they are doing. We had a great race in the Audi's to start out, they produce some close racing. Congratulations on the overall win too, maybe you can pick a new combo next week.

doodlemonoply

Hey doodle, I use Bob to break the cars in while I'm doing stuff around the house. I know you don't have time to b spec because you focus on tt's. If you want I will send you the broken in cars every week by end of day Wednesday at the latest.

Yeah it's stressful but if you plan on going to Silverstone in a year or two the stress here will get you ready for the stress there. Let me know.

Often times while in my home I find myself daydreaming of gt5.
Mind you I'm not playing the ps3 but engaged in other worthwhile endeavors such as helping with homework, preparing delicious meals, etc. (your actual activities may vary)

Sometimes I think to myself, the playstation is unoccupied and if I were to invest a few minutes and start a B spec race at the Indy 500, my car can be broken in within 90 minutes maximum while I take care of (insert multi-tasking activity here).

Now wait, before anyone says anything, I did say I think it may be a good time to do that. Hey I'm like you. I don't have the time to break in all those new cars each week, all 2 of them on a good week. Who has time for all that nonsense about breaking in your cars?

That's why I let the AI do it for me. Because I don't have the time, the playstation has all the time in the world.

Back