â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I wanted to Cobra to stay :( I loved that combo and would have loved to have seen the Cobra on a few more tracks. Oh well, maybe another fr monster will replace it. Hopefully something with gobs of power and oversteer đź‘Ť

Totally agree!!! WAS A BLAST! I voted the electric, hybrid thingy (2).

This is basically a repost. I would like to help people if they need a car, but I don't know how. How does one "dupe" and "loan" a car? PM or pulic post would be nice.

Sarcastic rhetoric.

You're just lucky I didn't see that message and respond firstÂ…

This is basically a repost. I would like to help people if they need a car, but I don't know how. How does one "dupe" and "loan" a car? PM or pulic post would be nice.

Just make sure it's the right car, Coach. ;)

You can dupe almost any in-game item (cars, paint, suits, helmets, etc.) by making a copy of your GT5 game save to a USB drive. You can then send the items to their recipients, then overwrite the GT5 save on the PS3 with the copy on the USB drive. I can take screenshots later unless someone already has them.

Totally agree!!! WAS A BLAST! I voted the electric, hybrid thingy (2).

I stupidly thought that the CR-V didn't need to be broken in (actually, I misread someone's comment on this thread), and since I love Suzuka so much, and it made for such tight racing, I was happy to see it survived.

Unfortunately, it seems the SNAIL gods aren't on my side, because I just found out that I won't be in town on the 30th :grumpy:

I think this is what I have to do. I'll take the top cover off and see if I can fix mine tonight. After about 2 or 3 races, I have to unplug the wheel from the wall and from the PS3 and wait a few secs, then plug it all back in and it recalibrates. It's not that big a deal because I have a USB extension to my seat and it's plugged in right behind me. It only becomes a problem when I countersteer REALLY fast during a race. I then have to run the remainder of the race with the wheel off center.

The process its really rather easy so long as you know how to turn a screw driver. Search google for "g27 calibration issues" and you find a few links to the whole process. I found though that all you need do is remove the wheel (Allen head bolts on the front "horn"section of the wheel) then the paddle shifter assembly (the three inner most screws) then the 10 or so screws on the bottom, they are counter sunk and all along the outside. Do not remove the inner screws that are near flush. This will get the cover off. Now with the wheel facing away from you, you will see the control board in the middle and the two ffb motors to each side. The one on the right is the one you will want, it has a black plastic cap. Remove the wires, then pop the cap off. Under it is a black plastic mount and a little circuit board. Two screws for the mount to the motor, and two for the circuit board itself. Remove the board, then using a small Phillips screwdriver, tighten the two mounting screws. Reinstall the board and tighten that down, put it all back together and you should be golden. However. Take time to inspect all that plastic, I've read that it had a habit of cracking, so you may need a touch of epoxy to fix that.

As noted on our calendar, we will not be having an official league night this Sunday night. Instead, we'll be celebrating the first year of S.N.A.I.L. with a special event that will feature the most popular combos in our first year! Think of them as our All-Star combos. And like any legitimate All-Star event, it's all up to your vote!

If you plan on racing this Sunday night, please click here to vote on which three of our previous combos you want to race!

The combos that are listed to choose from on the five that survived the most elimination votes in a row. Three of them survived four weeks in a row completely intact, and two of them survived five weeks in a row!

Also, as noted here, we'll be giving out five free copies of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

Once you have voted, please reply to the post below. It's my attempt to make sure that this voting process isn't buried and lost in other conversation. :)

Last edited:
What, no write in choices like the Nsx at Cape Ring. Can't believe the S2000 at Deep wasn't there.
I voted nonetheless.

Thanks for all the votes so far, please keep them coming!

Even if you will not be able to race this Sunday (like me), please post that too! We're trying to get as accurate of a number of drivers as possible so that we know how many rooms we'll need to divide everyone into so that each room has a full grid (but not more drivers trying to get in than there's room for). đź‘Ť

I can't race on the 23rd.

Thanks Joe!

Please remember that everyone should be posting either:

A. That you voted (which means that they plan on racing this Sunday) or
B. That you can't race on Sunday (like Joe just did)

Thanks for your cooperation! :)

Back