◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I wanted to love 2, but with the tedious acceleration, there was little to no recovery after an error.

3 grew on me, a little, but that car felt like it was 2000 or 3000 kg when stopping or turning, not the alleged 1000 kg.

Looking forward to something different next week.

G'night, y'all.

I wanted to love 2, but with the tedious acceleration, there was little to no recovery after an error.

3 grew on me, a little, but that car felt like it was 2000 or 3000 kg when stopping or turning, not the alleged 1000 kg.

Looking forward to something different next week.

G'night, y'all.

I'll bet I could get my 3/4-ton truck to rotate better :lol:

That's exactly what I said!

"My plow truck handles better"

It's a sad day when a Ford F250 with an 8 foot Western plow and 100 pounds of salt over the rear tires rotates better than the best TVR has to offer. Something to think about... :crazy:

You do realize how fast you were going through those turns, right? I know it feels slow compared to the 220mph down the straight…

Try getting your plow truck (or even the in-game Ram, etc.) to make those esses at 80mph.

You do realize how fast you were going through those turns, right? I know it feels slow compared to the 220mph down the straight…

Try getting your plow truck (or even the in-game Ram, etc.) to make those esses at 80mph.

Challenge accepted.

But seriously, you do have a point. I just don't think the handling characteristics match the level of performance created by the drivetrain. Maybe it's too stiff; I thought it had quite a bit of cage in it.

And even though it seemed like everyone hated the Caterham, it was a pretty good match for me and I did pretty well with it. There are some combos I don't care for but I will always respect those who do.

Division 1:

Votes -
speed14231234- 3
QwietStorm03 - 2
Dgafaboutany1420- 3
HillRacing - 2
BerdiyevA - 3
GumballCGT - 3
WiiFreak - 2
Nic-KL - 3
OwensRacing - 3

Unofficial Results -
1 ) HillRacing - 85 ( 79.9 )
2 ) WiiFreak - 78 ( 72.38 )
3 ) BerdiyevA - 77 ( 71.44 )
4 ) GumballCGT- 73 ( 68.62)
5 ) Nic-KL - 72 ( 67.68 )
6 ) Speed14231234- 72 ( 67.68 )
7 ) QwietStorm03- 70 ( 65.8 )
8 ) dgafaboutany1420- 67 ( 62.98 )
9 ) OwensRacing - 57 ( 52.64 )

The tvr does understeer if you're a little to quick into the corner but I actually enjoyed driving it at hsr. I would want to drive it anywhere else. The wheel spin would be epic if it was a slow track.

It's a sad day when a Ford F250 with an 8 foot Western plow and 100 pounds of salt over the rear tires rotates better than the best TVR has to offer. Something to think about... :crazy:

That's why TVR never made any! They built some race versions, and sold one road car.

Anyone needing to wind down after tonight's races I have a cruise room open.
Closed.

To the ****tards that picked the #2 and #3 combos, just screw you guys. This race of attrition **** isn't worth it. If this is what SNAIL is going to be, then I'll just go find a place where we actually have honest, close racing.

Sounds like someone needs to wind down alright 💡

I don't know why there's so much hate for Caterham/Cape Ring combo. It's gotta be in my top 3 favorite combo's we've run in this leauge. Maybe even #1.

The tvr does understeer if you're a little to quick into the corner but I actually enjoyed driving it at hsr. I would want to drive it anywhere else. The wheel spin would be epic if it was a slow track.

I really didn't enjoy it's speed to handling spread. Just not my style.

I gotta get my pedals sorted this week. After a basic kicking fit on the gas it was ok so it seemed. LoL

The first two races I was seeing flutter and 1/2-3/4 throttle way to often. Then the fact watching that while trying to race. Uggggh

Last edited:

I am glad the TVR was shall we say a challenge;) as far as it being the best TVR has to offer, the creator deemed it too fast and scraped the car after driving it 300 yards:( I do think that learning how to drive/ deal with cars like this makes you a better driver. But maybe it is time to bring in some low PP challenges:)

To those who hated the combo I am sorry you did not embrace the challenge. Luckily if it is voted off you will have a new challenge to deal with.

Sounds like someone needs to wind down alright 💡

I don't know why there's so much hate for Caterham/Cape Ring combo. It's gotta be in my top 3 favorite combo's we've run in this leauge. Maybe even #1.
The only issue I have with the Caterham is the gearing. Give us a close ratio box and it would be incredible:)

There does seem to be a bit of "let's see how bad they hate this combo" when picking lately.

This is racing. Not a time trial challenge. Please pick a combo that nets good close and fun racing. It's better for the group. Then again it's your choice.

The Caterham is fun to drive. Gearing is the only draw back for me. Jump tracks why oh why do we allow these. I was gutted on the jump. Swore I was square but landed and sent into wall from front to back. Race ruined. :-/

TVR on Racing Hards may have been ok. The handling to power gap was to great.

There does seem to be a bit of "let's see how bad they hate this combo" when picking lately.

This is racing. Not a time trial challenge. Please pick a combo that nets good close and fun racing. It's better for the group. Then again it's your choice.
I would never intentionally pick a combo I thought people would hate. I tested the car and most people who tried it out before I finalized my pick also enjoyed it. I could have chosen a slow ff that produced close racing but again people would complain. My goal was to find a car that worked on a track we had never used. I also feel that variety is the spice of life. The person who replaces it can do what they see fit. That is the system we have in place. I knew that I could have chosen the miata mx5 tc and it would have been around for weeks but again people would complain.

So basically "you can please some of the people some off the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time" - Abraham Lincoln

To those who hated the combo I am sorry you did not embrace the challenge. Luckily if it is voted off you will have a new challenge to deal with.

Don't take my posts seriously, I'm just filling up forum pages.

To the ****tards that picked the #2 and #3 combos, just screw you guys. This race of attrition **** isn't worth it.

This is the quote I'd be upset about. That is not only an insult to you, but it is an insult to Zer05ive and his league. Not cool.

For the record, my '85 F250 probably couldn't even get up to 80 in the first place :)

Still, that was an awful lot of understeer. I'm not criticizing the pick exactly. Like I've said before, I would drive just about anything anyone in SNAIL picks, and I support the right of the prize winner to pick whatever they like. I just don't know what TVR was thinking, assuming this was an accurate portrayal of their car. Maybe they designed it for AVUS?

This is the quote I'd be upset about. That is not only an insult to you, but it is an insult to Zer05ive and his league. Not cool.

I was choosing to ignore that one;)

Personally I loved the combo a lot of fun if you can get into a rhythm, definitely my personal favorite pick, just ashame it's gone after a week

I've been PM'ing back and forth all night, so I won't be posting the preliminary results and elimination votes tonight. I'll try to get them posted during lunch tomorrow. In fact, this will probably be the norm from now on.. I need to get me sleep so that I'm not such a zombie on Monday mornings. :dunce:

Hey everyone, just wanted to announce a new prize for the December champions!

Anyone notice something added to the bottom of that post? :sly:

I... I don't know what to say

I think it's safe to say that when the five of us read that beautiful message we looked like this.

And when we opened it and saw the :gtplanet: guide to gran turismo, we all did this.

I can't say thanks enough, kcheeb, zer05ive. It's enough already that you guys run the best spec league around, but that you're spending your hard earned IRL credits on prizes for us? Bravo, gentlemen, bravo.

And lets not forget those stewards! I raise my glass to you all.

OMG. If you don't like the combos, anyone could just sit them out too. Respect above all else is what is needed.

I personally did not like combo 3 cause everybody was all over the place, ghosting, bumping, etc. Once is go time, 'respecting others position' becomes extremely hard. But I stock with it; I am glad that it got voted off; I much rather race something with low PP than this one.

I didn't know what to vote off because I liked them all. Picked 3 as it seemed to be causing the most issues for people.

I've been PM'ing back and forth all night, so I won't be posting the preliminary results and elimination votes tonight. I'll try to get them posted during lunch tomorrow. In fact, this will probably be the norm from now on.. I need to get me sleep so that I'm not such a zombie on Monday mornings. :dunce:

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.:sly:

Back