◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I'll be jumping into D1 soon. Just finishing up some homework. I'll probably join after the RX-7 round to try out the new combos. Also I want to be on TV :dopey:

Just saw that :dunce:...classical PD logic...

Honestly I think it makes sense. Aero parts = not stock. Even if they add no visible performance, they might add a minuscule amount (less than a point) which would be an unfair advantage. And it just doesn't really make sense for some cars to have aero parts and others not in a SPEC race.

Honestly I think it makes sense. Aero parts = not stock. Even if they add no visible performance, they might add a minuscule amount (less than a point) which would be an unfair advantage. And it just doesn't really make sense for some cars to have aero parts and others not in a SPEC race.

Ohh, in no way I want to go against the Spec racing spirit of having a levelled playing field. I just think that having so few customization options in GT it would've been nice to use those aero bits that don't affect performance just for fun. In no way I intended to get an unfair advantage, I just think they dont give one at all 👍. Anyways, bodykits remmoved and I'm trying to join the lobby...that is if my 🤬 ISP allows me to.

Hope everything is well guys! Really no idea when I can join now. All depends on multiple things, especially being in between jobs. I might have found a perm. position somewhere, but here's hoping!

Uhh...very inexperienced with OLR guy here needing a bit of help :guilty:

After I input the number of the room it just sits there for five minutes trying to connect to the server. Five minutes later it just tells me it can't connect to the server or that the request timed out. I know it's related to the craptastic wi-fi at my house, but is there anything I can do about it? I find it weird that my laptop gets a connection, I appear logged in PSN, but I cannot join a race. Isn't it great that I've been trying to join for half an hour and the stupid thing still won't work? :dopey:

Ohh, in no way I want to go against the Spec racing spirit of having a levelled playing field. I just think that having so few customization options in GT it would've been nice to use those aero bits that don't affect performance just for fun. In no way I intended to get an unfair advantage, I just think they dont give one at all 👍. Anyways, bodykits remmoved and I'm trying to join the lobby...that is if my 🤬 ISP allows me to.
I don't mean to accuse you of anything, I just think it makes more sense without aero stuff. 👍

Uhh...very inexperienced with OLR guy here needing a bit of help :guilty:

After I input the number of the room it just sits there for five minutes trying to connect to the server. Five minutes later it just tells me it can't connect to the server or that the request timed out. I know it's related to the craptastic wi-fi at my house, but is there anything I can do about it? I find it weird that my laptop gets a connection, I appear logged in PSN, but I cannot join a race. Isn't it great that I've been trying to join for half an hour and the stupid thing still won't work? :dopey:

Try clearing your GT5 cache under options

Sorry guys, had to leave during final race. Back starting to hurt a little and I just could not tolerate that freaking Caterham one more tenth of a mile! It's like trying to drive a wet banana peel on a hardwood floor!

why are/were you guys on TV?

No but we'll be on youtube :)

I was recording the qualifying sessions to put together an instructional video for how S.N.A.I.L. does qualifying. It's easier than typing and much more informative 👍

Look for it in the next week or so.

Someone kicked up the cones before the second to last race tonight.

VAj9J.jpg

'Twas a good shot.

How many points is awarded for winning a race, and what is the increment from there down?

1st Place-16 points

Lessen each lower finish by 1 until the lowest place

16th Place-1 point

Or see the perfect points link in the first post.

I'll be jacking around in d1 for awhile, anyone else that's starting off the day slow is welcome to come speed up their morning with me :sly:

FR accepted! 👍[/QUOTE]

Thanks zero... and since I couldn't get into the blue room last night I had a blast in the red room 👍 Thanks all!

Hey S.N.A.I.L.s,

For the numbers junkies out there, I've just made available some interesting S.N.A.I.L. rankings. This started out as a way to help zer05ive and I with promotion and relegation, was fueled by ideas from jobyone and has finally taken form.

The information summarized is for Fast Lap, Total Time, Adjusted Points and a Total of all three. Each of the categories ranks each driver by race and assigns a ranking number (1 to number of racers), then I average your ranking number and put it into a sorted list.

What you'll be seeing is data for the month of December. It's in the S.N.A.I.L. Results spreadhseet and can be found on 2012.12 tab by scrolling to the right.

Let zer05ive, jobyone or me know if you have any ideas on how to add to the rankings 👍

kcheeb

Hey S.N.A.I.L.s,

For the numbers junkies out there, I've just made available some interesting S.N.A.I.L. rankings. This started out as a way to help zer05ive and I with promotion and relegation, was fueled by ideas from jobyone and has finally taken form.

The information summarized is for Fast Lap, Total Time, Adjusted Points and a Total of all three. Each of the categories ranks each driver by race and assigns a ranking number (1 to number of racers), then I average your ranking number and put it into a sorted list.

What you'll be seeing is data for the month of December. It's in the S.N.A.I.L. Results spreadhseet and can be found on 2012.12 tab by scrolling to the right.

Let zer05ive, jobyone or me know if you have any ideas on how to add to the rankings 👍

kcheeb
That looks great!

Back