◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I just wanted to let everyone know that I may(for the first time ever) not be in attendance Sunday night. I'm going to be visiting NYC and we've decided to book a room and stay a good part of the day Sunday as well. It's about 3 hours to drive home, though I'd imagine we'll be on the road by 7, as our last stop is Carlos Bakery(Cake Boss), which closes at 7. Provided we don't have any long stops on the way home, I might be able to make it on sometime after 10, but I'm not counting on it. If I do happen to show up, I'll probably just spectate the remainder of the night. Best of luck to everyone this week!

cmbeal317

Who does that guy think he is anyway? Cake Boss, like you can just boss cake around all day. Cake answers to no one.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I may(for the first time ever) not be in attendance Sunday night. I'm going to be visiting NYC and we've decided to book a room and stay a good part of the day Sunday as well. It's about 3 hours to drive home, though I'd imagine we'll be on the road by 7, as our last stop is Carlos Bakery(Cake Boss), which closes at 7. Provided we don't have any long stops on the way home, I might be able to make it on sometime after 10, but I'm not counting on it. If I do happen to show up, I'll probably just spectate the remainder of the night. Best of luck to everyone this week!

cmbeal317

Thanks for the heads up, Cal. Err I mean beal! :lol:

cmbeal317

cmbeal317
The streak should never die! Race one of the six to keep it alive!

jobyone, is your setup still the same as it was back in August? If so, let me know because I have an idea that might work for you. Up until yesterday, my setup was very similar to yours (although I didn't have an desk extension to bring the wheel closer to me). However, I've figured out to a way to get the wheel closer to me (by nine inches!) and I've found a really quick and inexpensive way to raise G25/G27 pedals off the floor at an angle like all the sim rigs do. 👍

Blazing new tracks on a frozen Quebec lake. Props!

Lake name is Lac-a-l'Eau-Claire

553085_10152418449275352_487206570_n.jpg

Last edited:
jobyone, is your setup still the same as it was back in August? If so, let me know because I have an idea that might work for you. Up until yesterday, my setup was very similar to yours (although I didn't have an desk extension to bring the wheel closer to me). However, I've figured out to a way to get the wheel closer to me (by nine inches!) and I've found a really quick and inexpensive way to raise G25/G27 pedals off the floor at an angle like all the sim rigs do. 👍
While my setup is pretty close to what it was I will be getting one of these to pull the wheel closer Smarty Plate. But I am interested in what you have done to the pedals.

Being a new member to the league I thought I'd share my setup. After trying to make my own Wheelstand Pro and failing miserably I ended up with this. Main goal was to be able to fold up the entire setup and get it out of the living room. Got the idea from the IKEA version floating around on this and other forums. All told about $40 US in wood, PVC and hardware. Click pics for full size and please no comments on my stylish chair. :lol:

DSC_1320 by nmcp11, on Flickr

DSC_1321 by nmcp11, on Flickr

DSC_1319 by nmcp11, on Flickr

Last edited:
How in the world do you get into that thing? Do you crawl in through the bottom or what? I'm going to assume you're not a large man so maybe the chair could support you climbing over it. I'm just wondering how it works with no access through the sides.

Back