◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
well.....tonight was a big fat "merrh" for me tonight...kinda like a "meh", but with the added flavour of some Rs. Once I was able to connect to the room, I managed a few lasts and a 3rd. Yay team!

That TVR is like a jetski or something that understeers like a mother if you go in too hot...once it starts, it doesn't stop! Didnt get enough practice in this week to figure that out before racing :( The 7 was ok, but voted to ditch it anyways.

TVR can stay.

Btw -- whats with colours? I've gone with white car/red wheels, which is my normal canadian colours these days, but I can change if required!

misfit -- I think I was able to get in once you dropped out!

Had my least favorite night of racing since joining in May. It's a little stressful racing when I haven't played the game since early in the week. Thankfully my schedule allows for a couple of hours practice this week, so looking forward to it already. Good racing guys.

Wow, tonight was probably the most frustrating and yet most fun Sunday night that I've ever had! Missing shifts all night and an involuntary pitstop was incredibly :banghead:, but the immersion and intensity of H-gating was oh so :D.. While I've never had so many frustrating moments in one night, pulling off a win on the last race definitely leaves a good taste my mouth.. Thanks for the awesome racing in D3! :cheers:

It seems that actually breaking in my cars and practicing paid dividends today. Good racing in D5 tonight, or at least I'm assuming in the caterham

Race 1

Wolf (Pole) 17
Schmiggz 15
iroquois-- 14
GTP_SGPracing 13
Exosphere64 12
Lifesagamble420 11

Race 2
Schmiggz 16
Exosphere64 15
GTP_SGPracing 14
Iroquois-- 13
Wolfsatz 12
Lifesagamble420 11

Race 3

Schmiggz (Pole)

Here is the rest:
Round 2 RAce 1:
1. Schmiggz 16
2. Wolfsatz 15
3. Exosphere 14
4. SPGRacing 13
5. GT Pyxen 12
6. Iroquis DNF
7. LifeaGamble DNF

Round 2 Race 2:
1. Wolfsatz 16
2. SPGRacing 15
3. Schmiggz 14
4.Pyxen 13
5. Exosphere 12
6.Iroquis DNF

Round 3 Race 1.
Pole: SPG Racing

1. Wolfsatz 16
2. SPG RAcing 15
3. Schmmigz 14
4. Exosphere 13
5. Pyxen 12

Round 3 Race 2.
1. SPG Racing 16
2. Wolfsatz 15
3. Pyxen 14
4. Exosphere 13
5. Schmmigz 12

I have all the replays except for Round 3 Race 1. I can upload tomorrow afternoon and Exo can upload the missing round.

I think I came up with 91 points and my first Pole in D4. :)

Exo, if you can double verify all the results ?

Wow, tonight was probably the most frustrating and yet most fun Sunday night that I've ever had! Missing shifts all night and an involuntary pitstop was incredibly :banghead:, but the immersion and intensity of H-gating was oh so :D.. While I've never had so many frustrating moments in one night, pulling off a win on the last race definitely leaves a good taste my mouth.. Thanks for the awesome racing in D3! :cheers:

Sounds like it went well;) 1st place during your first week using the clutch is pretty damn good. Did you find having a clutch helped getting off the line in the Caterham:sly: I found in practice slipping the clutch and keeping the revs around 10k allowed me to actually get off the line a whole lot quicker:)

Here is the rest:
Round 2 RAce 1:
1. Schmiggz 16
2. Wolfsatz 15
3. Exosphere 14
4. SPGRacing 13
5. GT Pyxen 12
6. Iroquis DNF
7. LifeaGamble DNF

Round 2 Race 2:
1. Wolfsatz 16
2. SPGRacing 15
3. Schmiggz 14
4.Pyxen 13
5. Exosphere 12
6.Iroquis DNF

Round 3 Race 1.
Pole: SPG Racing

1. Wolfsatz 16
2. SPG RAcing 15
3. Schmmigz 14
4. Exosphere 13
5. Pyxen 12

Round 3 Race 2.
1. SPG Racing 16
2. Wolfsatz 15
3. Pyxen 14
4. Exosphere 13
5. Schmmigz 12

I have all the replays except for Round 3 Race 1. I can upload tomorrow afternoon and Exo can upload the missing round.

I think I came up with 91 points and my first Pole in D4. :)

Exo, if you can double verify all the results ?

Congrats. Looks like d4 was a bit light on drivers:( where was everyone?

Btw -- whats with colours? I've gone with white car/red wheels, which is my normal canadian colours these days, but I can change if required!
Now that wolsatz has changed his colors white is available in D4. I will put you down on the spreadsheet. (link is in my signature). Do you have a number that you like to run that is not being used?

Check out the link in jobyone's sig. I don't think anyone uses that color combo beside me, but if we ever end up in the same division, I got dibs! (and since we're in neighboring divisions, it's very plausible that it could come to that! ;))

Congrats. Looks like d4 was a bit light on drivers:( where was everyone?

Votes:
SPG Racing 2
Pyxen 3
Exosphere 3
Schmmigz 3
Wolfsatz 1

I wish all the ones tha showed up did not had discos.. we began with 8 during qualifying and then Pyxen started with discos.

Anyway, it was still alot of fun and great racing with all that remain of D4; and the Caterham is a really good.. kart, motorcycle... wannabe race car! :dopey:

Division 1 (area 51)

Votes:
kendawg198- 1
QwietStorm03 - 3
Dgafaboutany1420- 3
BerdiyevA - 1
WiiFreak - 1
Nic-KL - 1
OwensRacing - 2

Unofficial Results:
1) BerdiyevA - 88 (76.63)
2) WiiFreak - 86
3) Nic-KL - 83
4) OwensRacing - 82
5) QwietStorm03 - 76
6) dgafaboutany1420 - 72
7) kendawg198 - 42

Please Check wiifreaks spread sheet. His adjusted totals not calculating. Pretty sure I didn't muck it up. Hopefully not. ;)

Thanks guys. As always any reports send to stewards. Had a great night of clean and fun racing. Hoping next week we can fill the room!

Speaking of colors. We got three similar reds. Would two of you be willing to change colors?

Last edited:
Well my stragegy of laying low and avoiding accidents seems to have paid off. Things got kind of wild in d2 and I think I just might have squeaked by with the overall win without even winning a race! I guess I may have benifited from a certain someone's shennaigans, but I still hope the stewards come down on him with the full extent of their power.

Sounds like it went well;) 1st place during your first week using the clutch is pretty damn good. Did you find having a clutch helped getting off the line in the Caterham:sly: I found in practice slipping the clutch and keeping the revs around 10k allowed me to actually get off the line a whole lot quicker:)

The only thing that went well was the fun factor of rowing my own gears. :) Results wise, things did not go well at all :ouch: (the win in the last race was definitely not indicative of the rest of the night). I was missing shifts all all over the track and got the brake and clutch pedals confused a couple of times, but I also had more than my fair share of non-shift/clutch related errors as well.

One issue that plagued me through the night was getting on the throttle after heavy braking. It seems like every time I came of the brakes, the car would get completely unsettled and I'd end up drifting through the turn with tires screeching and smoke flying! I kept telling myself to ease off slower, but I maybe it's a muscle memory thing that my right foot hasn't learned yet. But more likely, it was just in too damn big of a rush to get back to the gas pedal. :yuck:

Now that wolsatz has changed his colors white is available in D4. I will put you down on the spreadsheet. (link is in my signature). Do you have a number that you like to run that is not being used?

White Car/Red wheels/#26 -- please

Who hosted?

I tried to join at 10pm, but was refused for around 45 mins (until the start of the 2nd race). Kept getting the network incompatible with host error...cleared my cache a few times, checked the MAC info in my router to make sure it was forwarding ok, restarted the PS3 and remapped the network connection a few times...nothin' worked until ppl started dropping, and I just connected luckily.

....all that to say, I don't know who hosted before I connected :sly:

Who hosted?

I think Wolfsatz hosted, at least for race 1. FWIW I was getting really bad lag for the race I did and I think there was some lagging at yesterday's practice room if I remember right. My connection has been surprisingly stable for the last couple weeks and I haven't changed anything. I figured if there was that much lag, I would just take the night off so I didn't ruin anyones race. I think I had a close call with Schmiggz in turn 1 in the RX7.

I am glad that I wasn't the only one with connectivity issues - less likely it's just me.

I think maintenance is scheduled for Tuesday, I sure hope they fix this!

Who hosted?

I hosted all night. I have not got any discos during the last few nights, but every since SCT last week, the GT5 connectivity has been shaky.:grumpy:

Replays have been upload to Sugarsync. Weaver / Iroquis / Gamble can I get your vote?

Last edited:
I am glad that I wasn't the only one with connectivity issues - less likely it's just me.

I think maintenance is scheduled for Tuesday, I sure hope they fix this!

Don't count on it. GT news is hyping the new Stingray for download on Tuesday.

Is there a standard number of qualifying laps? If not, I would like to recommend that one be implemented; not after one (I won't mention names) says, "I'm finally putting together a lap, would someone please start the race". 3 laps should be sufficient. NOT 6 LAPS!

It is frustrating to have the pole taken out from under me after setting the pole after lap 3: The pole was literally taken from me on lap 6 with a few seconds left to for the race to start.

Hey guys, PD has just released that they are going to add the new c7 into the game with camo!!!!!
Woops sorry for repost didn't see the other one

Can we please please please have the C7 picked for this week. Only makes sense! ;)

C7 at Indy or Daytona or ???

Is there a standard number of qualifying laps? If not, I would like to recommend that one be implemented; not after one (I won't mention names) says, "I'm finally putting together a lap, would someone please start the race". 3 laps should be sufficient. NOT 6 LAPS!

It is frustrating to have the pole taken out from under me after setting the pole after lap 3: The pole was literally taken from me on lap 6 with a few seconds left to for the race to start.

It is 10 minutes independent on the number of laps. But your Director should implement this; I've been the victim of this as well. If the Director started the Race at the 10 minute mark and then someone still keep pushing and took the pole within the countdown, I would use the complaint system.

Back