◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Love i or Hate it...Fireblade is fun... How'bout taking it on the Nurb?

Open Lobby for a bit'O'fun

1472 6399 8966 5887 7471

well we can do shuffle or cat and mouse then....

We're having some fun just doing PP races, but it would be more fun with more.

Hint Hint Everyone. ;)

On my way!

Sorry about jumping in only to not be able to race. I just figured out the issue though.. Apparently last night the cord coming from my G27 pedals got caught in between the edge of the pedal casing and the wall that I use to hold it in place. This resulted in a deep cut in the wire and now my pedals don't work! :banghead:

I'm just in D4 so I might not be the best person to answer this but let me ask a follow up question. Why do you feel like the DS3 is limiting you? Is there a specific problem you are experiencing? I only ask because there are quite a few people that seem to get along just fine with it.
Since the last update the DS3 is limiting you to some extend...Almost everything badly understeer now, and there's nothing you can do with the ds3.The difference is huge now between the wheel and the DS3.You can see it in my race results, I ranked high with a car that doesn't exhibit much understeer and very low with an understeery car (since 2.09). Something feels wrong with that update.

Sorry about jumping in only to not be able to race. I just figured out the issue though.. Apparently last night the cord coming from my G27 pedals got caught in between the edge of the pedal casing and the wall that I use to hold it in place. This resulted in a deep cut in the wire and now my pedals don't work! :banghead:

Ouch. Hopefully you get it sorted. I wonder if it's possible to splice it...

I couldn't help but notice the low attendance lately. Perhaps a consolidation of divisions is in order?

Let's see whether things improve for the two remaining league nights in the January season. If attendance doesn't improve, we can discuss consolidation for the February season. After all, there won't be an official league night on the first Sunday in February due to the Super Bowl (so we'll have some extra time to discuss things and get things sorted out).

Speaking of which, does anyone have any ideas for the Special Event planned for February 3rd? Perhaps a race at one of the big ovals? (aka "super bowls".. get it? :lol:)

One top of that, Goat's got some prizes lined up for that event that have a Super Bowl theme as well. :dopey:

Man that sucks. Hope you get it sorted. Speaking of clutches I was reminded tonight while driving the SLS that if the car is only available as an automatic that the clutch does nothing:(

Since the last update the DS3 is limiting you to some extend...Almost everything badly understeer now, and there's nothing you can do with the ds3.The difference is huge now between the wheel and the DS3.You can see it in my race results, I ranked high with a car that doesn't exhibit much understeer and very low with an understeery car (since 2.09). Something feels wrong with that update.
Nick have you switched to a wheel?

2armedmen

I think the SLS combo is a good one despite me b1tching about the clutch:)

Last edited:
This is true. I was running in a GT500 series when the update came out. After the update I ended up consistently qualifying lower than usual. I would push like crazy but could never get to where I was before :ouch: I guess I picked a good time to move to a wheel, because I don't think I was ever going to get better with the DS3 after that update.

I still mainly use the ds3, maybe 90% of the time....I can't get much more than a 45min stint before I get back pain on the current setup.

This is true. I was running in a GT500 series when the update came out. After the update I ended up consistently qualifying lower than usual. I would push like crazy but could never get to where I was before :ouch: I guess I picked a good time to move to a wheel, because I don't think I was ever going to get better with the DS3 after that update.
It's hiding what you could really do...When you are in a twichie car you still shine.
I would like to steer with the throttle again.... :(

Last edited:

2armedmen

I think the SLS combo is a good one despite me b1tching about the clutch:)

The SLS at Nurb /F is a sweet and Fun car; however we just ran the RX7 there for a few weeks.

Did not like the Tokyo / Tommy Kiara much... Really hard to pass even with clean fast laps.

The Caterham runs Awesome at Nurb Nord; with the exception of the slow start, the car is just sublime.

I heard you talking about Renaults, we did not test that, but that is sn interesting option.

Armenmen,
moper doesnt have a smartphone?

The SLS at Nurb /F is a sweet and Fun car; however we just ran the RX7 there for a few weeks.
I thought we ran the SLS at Monza:sly: and it was pretty good. If you ran it at Nurb afterward I understand

Lack of access to the internet and the forum has doomed previous drivers. I wouldn't want to mess with that again. Dude needs to join the Information Age.

Doesn't the PS3 have a web browser?

Yes, it does. In fact, that how aubdogg checked the lineups for Sunday night why back when..

the2armedmen, please confirm that your friend has some way of checking the lineups and reading the rules, etc. Otherwise, it's on you to hand feed all of that information to him (which will get really old, really fast).

It always amuses me (in a good way) when drivers have such different experiences with the same car. Everything you described about the Caterham is what I would say about the other two cars on Sunday's lineup, but never about the Caterham. To me, the Caterham was extremely predictable and consistent.. a real pleasure to drive. FWIW, I always leave my brake bias at 5/5 so if you changed yours to something significantly different, you might want to give the default setting a try. :)

I left the brake bias at the default setting (don't know what that is) but I'll check it before practice tomorrow night.

I REALLY enjoyed the RX7 races. Like someone mentioned before, just enough grip and power to bite you but if you hit your marks you could really be fast. And it produced a lot of close side by side racing. I think there was a 3 way battle for 1st on Wednesday's practice at the line and Berdi and I went side by side through turns 1 and 2 at least 3 laps in a row with no contact.

y7cve.jpg

FfB0P.jpg

Look familiar?

That would breathe in some serious life and excitement back into this game for me. Seattle and Apricot Hill...are you kidding me?!

Last edited:
Back