â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
fr's sent!

Thanks cheeb!

Anyone else who wants to join tonight's action, just send a friend request to SNAIL_Division3 and I'll stay logged on to accept it. đź‘Ť

(I'm not sure why this event is taking place in the the D3 lounge, but we'll address that later so as to not create any confusion for tonight ;))

I've kinda been wondering how the Caterham would be at Spa or autumn ring reverse/where we ran the lotus rm awhile back.

As mentioned in this post Track Boundaries The white line on the right of the track (as we were driving this week) is out of bounds.

Thanks for finding that. I was trying to do that earlier and couldn't.

Bring out the penalties! ;)

Taking the Caterham to a faster course might be a treat.

Finally, it appears that the Prize Winners are safe this week. Congrats!

Hrm... ok then, seems I'll be keeping 2 wheels inside from now on, then. Thanks for bringing it up.

Btw, Ap -- there was never any agreement to your suggestion (unless it was pages after the reference above), so I'd say no penalties should be levied, unless it's stated somewhere.. especially for that portion of GVE, which doesn't give you anything more than you'd have if a car width to the left..

Last edited:
Thanks for coming out to ask who made it. Next time I'll have something better organized. Even though it was really loose, how do you guys think the two class thing went?

Thanks for coming out to ask who made it. Next time I'll have something better organized. Even though it was really loose, how do you guys think the two class thing went?

Had a blast!!! My puppy was whining. Which he doesn't do unless he needs out. So figured it was a good time to call it a night.

I was playing with TQ split and brake balance.

Found 30/70 f/r TQ split to work best for me. As well 3/8 brake balance. Bogging the motor or pedaling it keeping the spin to minimal was key on exits.

I'm no pro with rally cars but have had some good rally racers on GT5 share tips. Those were basically the ones that helped me improve times.

Wish we could turn the snow cloud off. LoL

So, Coach, Dr.G and Oshawa and I did some testing.

Cape Ring - Totally Awesome but long track and takes about 2:50 to go around.

Indy Road Course - Awesome too, but feels that we just did than with the RX-7.

Then I thought to celebrate the 24 Hours of Daytona next weekend to go with Daytona Road Course; also awesome and for some reason the C'ham drafts a lot even from far away...hmm :scared:

So finally we tested and race around Autuum Ring Reserve as Panda_Bear suggested and the Fun factor goes beyond all before mentioned.

So my pick for prize B is to take the FireBlade to Autuum Ring Reverse!

Already awaiting Wednesday practice anxiously!!! đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Last edited:

You should add it to your signature as the Designated Track Official:)

And looks like we are over halfway to next weeks combos. If only we knew where the G4... I mean what combination the2armedmen was going to go with.

With that in mind doing a bit of practice

1472-6118-3701-4253-4614

Last edited:
Hrm... ok then, seems I'll be keeping 2 wheels inside from now on, then. Thanks for bringing it up.

Btw, Ap -- there was never any agreement to your suggestion (unless it was pages after the reference above), so I'd say no penalties should be levied, unless it's stated somewhere.. especially for that portion of GVE, which doesn't give you anything more than you'd have if a car width to the left..

That wasn't a suggestion; it was a mandate.

Please stop.

Autumn Ring Reserve

Sounds like a good apple brandy or something.

Anyway, so much for taking the Caterham to a faster trackÂ…

Geez the Caterham sticking around. I'm off to kill myself!

I guess we are different then all the Caterhams. Since it is coming back I will only racing 2 events come Sunday... Sitting the Caterham out once again..

Last edited:
That wasn't a suggestion; it was a mandate.

Please stop.

Sounds like a good apple brandy or something.

Anyway, so much for taking the Caterham to a faster track…

Well I must say it is a fun combo. Mostly second but a few first gear turns (without bogging down) it really does show off how well the Caterham handles. For those of you who like targets to aim for or beat 1:25.2xx. I see a low/mid 1:24 being possible for me using clutch and H shifter. I predict 1:21's for D1:crazy:

Both of you are going to sit out an entire combo simply because you don't like it? The "pick and choose" portion of our format is during the elimination vote, which occurs after the racing.

zer05ive
Both of you are going to sit out an entire combo simply because you don't like it? The pick and choose portion of our format is during the elimination vote process, which occurs after the racing.

Yeah really. If you hate it that much just back off ten percent and hang around the back. At least you'd still get points. Just my .02

Both of you are going to sit out an entire combo simply because you don't like it? The "pick and choose" portion of our format is during the elimination vote, which occurs after the racing.

We've heard it before and we'll hear it again. Some people just can't (or won't) adapt.

I have to chuckle over the Caterham. It's was the only car last week I enjoyed racing.

We have some that can't stand it.

Goes to show how different folks are.

I detest FWD cars and drive them still. Come on fellas. Don't let a car get the best of you. Dig deep and get it done.

I have to chuckle over the Caterham. It's was the only car last week I enjoyed racing.

You didn't like the new C7? I figured that would've been your favorite.

We have some that can't stand it.

Goes to show how different folks are.

I detest FWD cars and drive them still. Come on fellas. Don't let a car get the best of you. Dig deep and get it done.

I think part of the fun/challenge of S.N.A.I.L. is the variety of cars that we drive here. We've raced go karts and pickup truck and everything in between! Variety is the spice of life, fellas! :)

Last edited:
I can see their point of view. This is a game. You play games to have fun. If a particular combo isn't fun and you feel you can maximize your fun during that portion of your evening by doing something else then go for it.

I am in a huge rut right now in Snail. I always find myself crashing out while leading or vying for the lead on race night. I think I finished near dead last almost every race the last several Sundays. I don't have time practice during the week which may contribute to the inconsistency although I can usually set fast lap or damn near it during the race. But when I manage to make any other night I can run with anyone except a couple of top tier D1 guys.

It may be the pressure I put on myself on points night and the subsequent lack of fun I have after crashing or getting punted while leading. I joined some fast friends last night and had a ball. The racing was just as tight but I didn't crash. So I think it's a perceived pressure I place on myself to avoid racing in close quarters with certain people I don't know or trust. And the perceived pressure of points nights.

Somehow I need to turn Sunday night into a fun and pressure free evening or I might have to take a break from Sundays and do a different night of snail activities for a little while.

In my opinion if I open my ps3 for play gt5 and all the friends share the precious time with me whatever the track is or the car, if i have respect for this guys i will enjoy 100%. Some tracks I dont like, but if the racers are here im here!!!!

Yeah really. If you hate it that much just back off ten percent and hang around the back. At least you'd still get points. Just my .02

That is what I did last Sunday. I was 5th in points entering the last round. After last round dropped to last. The car does not like me. I'm a second and a half off every race with that oversize go-cart.

I do enjoy racing with the guys my Division. I enjoy racing with all SNAILS. I just think there are better cars to run than that homemade project. I don't mind running it once, and moving on. There are cars I like that someone else want like. I get it. I just don't like it and it has been around now going on its third track.

Can't wait till I see a RM, TC, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, BMW or old muscle.
That's all
PEACE...:)

Back