◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
It skews forgive points because there is a multiplier based on how many people race for prize points

Well that all depends on how the person chooses to "skip" the round. If he starts and parks then the prize points will not be affected because technically he was still in the race...he just finished last. If he simply does not enter the track and watches THEN it will affect the prize points.

Well that all depends on how the person chooses to "skip" the round. If he starts and parks then the prize points will not be affected because technically he was still in the race...he just finished last. If he simply does not enter the track and watches THEN it will affect the prize points.

Yes

I'm hearing a whole lot of, "I don't like it so I'm not going to play" I hear enough of that from my 5th and 6th graders on my AAU basketball team. I don't see the point of grown men acting like this. There have been plenty of combos that I haven't liked and I have voiced my opinion about it but I always raced the combo. I welcome anyone else's opinion about a combo but to go as far to sit out just becasue you don't like it only hurting the rest of the league by taking giving free spots to the other drivers in your division. If it's not fun, practice some more and win so you can pick what you want to do. Remember your temper tantrum if you ever do pick and people don't like it though. By running these combos that I don't care for, I have learned how to drive some cars that I don't like and run some tracks that I don't like.

I would go as far to suggest that if you sit out a combo by choice that you should lose your vote for that week. How would you now you didn't like it if you didn't bother to race it?

Yes, I most likely will sit out both races. There's a certain point where instead of a challenge it just becomes anything but fun. I race here because I like close racing and having fun doing so. If it's not fun, I am not doing it and IMO it's just not fun. I actually finish racing for the night and I'm pretty bummed out because it sucks so much.

I guess this is what's making it so hard for me to understand where you're coming from. To me, racing is fun. Period. It doesn't matter what car I'm in or what track I'm on, if there are other drivers in same car and on the same track, there's enjoyment to be had! While it's true that I enjoy some combos more than others, I'm always at least having some degree of fun. Heck, we could all be on tricycles and I'd still enjoy racing with you guys!

Why is it such a big deal? Everyone in that division should be happy because that's at least 1 spot they are guaranteed. It's not like it's something that happens every week or once a month. This is the first time. If you don't like it, kick me from the league or relegate me. As stewards it's your job to handle certain situations as you see fit.

No biggie (and it's not about the points either). If you don't want to race that combo, nobody's going to force you to. I just hope you at least understand why it's not "healthy" for the league to have this become a common occurrence. Yes, this is the first time this has come up, so in that regard I guess we've been lucky. However, it's my duty to make sure that slope doesn't start to get slippery. Know what I mean?

You didn't like the new C7? I figured that would've been your favorite.

I did enjoy driving the car but not racing it Monza.

For some reason I kept having problems with it. Normally like Monza. As well the C7 was a blast when we ran it at Indy Sunday afternoon in another series.

First two races I had some Wierd traction issues. Basically the car would seem to have dirty tires and not be consistent. Maybe driver. The Caterham has extra grip and feels more race car like. That and it turns when I turn it.

I've gotta sort something out. Then again. The room gave 2nd spot host. When I was on top and two above me left. So others in room left and came back. Maybe I should if left. Obviously the game didn't want me hosting. LoL

Who knows. Off week. Bad connection. But I'll be back and keep trying to sort things.
Car choices made yet?

I see Competizone C8 but maybe missed other option.

I'm hearing a whole lot of, "I don't like it so I'm not going to play" I hear enough of that from my 5th and 6th graders on my AAU basketball team. I don't see the point of grown men acting like this. There have been plenty of combos that I haven't liked and I have voiced my opinion about it but I always raced the combo. I welcome anyone else's opinion about a combo but to go as far to sit out just becasue you don't like it only hurting the rest of the league by taking giving free spots to the other drivers in your division. If it's not fun, practice some more and win so you can pick what you want to do. Remember your temper tantrum if you ever do pick and people don't like it though. By running these combos that I don't care for, I have learned how to drive some cars that I don't like and run some tracks that I don't like.

I would go as far to suggest that if you sit out a combo by choice that you should lose your vote for that week. How would you now you didn't like it if you didn't bother to race it?

Practicing will not make something fun. If someone told you to go dig a ditch, knowing you didn't like to dig ditches and they told you to practice...would it make it fun? No, you might end up being the ultimate ditch digger but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll find it fun.

I guess this is what's making it so hard for me to understand where you're coming from. To me, racing is fun. Period. It doesn't matter what car I'm in or what track I'm on, if there are other drivers in same car and on the same track, there's enjoyment to be had! While it's true that I enjoy some combos more than others, I'm always at least having some degree of fun. Heck, we could all be on tricycles and I'd still enjoy racing with you guys!

Racing is fun when it's good hard racing. I don't know if it's my wheel (maybe I should drive that ****box Caterham with my DS3 before I completely dismiss it) or if it's my driving style or if it's my driving ability, but it plain BLOWS! It's unpredictable and takes the fun out of the game to me. Sunday night I went upstairs and sat on the couch after racing and my fiance' looked at me and asked what was wrong? I said nothing, but it's pretty bad when she can just look at my face and tell that I didn't have fun even though I'm supposed to be doing something "fun."

There's going to be a slippery slope with anything that is settled by letting the masses vote on what they want and then having to deal with something they didn't vote for. It's just a part of life.

I have a feeling that with the Alfa at Rome that the Caterham may have a chance at one more week.

Also: Starting a race then immediately pulling over to get last place definitely does skew the points regarding the multiplier. It increases the number of points that the winner gets at the end of the night. Not starting at all reduces points for both the racer who sat out and the night's winner. It's a mess either way. (Not really a big deal, but annoying, anyway.)

I can't wait for the pile of people who take their ball and go home when someone picks the FGT or the X2010.

(maybe I should drive that ****box Caterham with my DS3 before I completely dismiss it)

I think calling it a ****box pretty much dismisses it.

Although I've grown to like the Caterham, I'm not getting involved; I just thought it sounded funny.

Well seeing as how no one has picked those cars for this week and no one has picked up their ball and gone home yet, it's all irrelevant at the moment.

I have a feeling that with the Alfa at Rome that the Caterham may have a chance at one more week.

Also: Starting a race then immediately pulling over to get last place definitely does skew the points regarding the multiplier. It increases the number of points that the winner gets at the end of the night. Not starting at all reduces points for both the racer who sat out and the night's winner. It's a mess either way. (Not really a big deal, but annoying, anyway.)

I can't wait for the pile of people who take their ball and go home when someone picks the FGT or the X2010.

I would have picked the fgt on any course if suggested

You heard it here first. the2armedmen will pick the FGT at Kart Space and I'm resigning my stewardship. ;)

I'm hearing a whole lot of, "I don't like it so I'm not going to play" I hear enough of that from my 5th and 6th graders on my AAU basketball team.

Bowler, do you run the Read & React by Rick Torbett? I get super excited when I hear someone coaches too. I personally guarantee you will force a team that plays man D as their staple D, to a zone inside of 5 minutes regardless of your team's talent level.

I took a H.S. team with a three-year win total of 17 to 17 wins their first year in this system. We forced the State runners-up to zone inside 4 minutes. I get a little excited, hence my handle. LOL.

Everytime i race here i always think about the organisation behind that and they work for have the best league in the world!!! Imagine all the up and down happened in whole snail time!!!! Sometimes we sleep and they still wake to organize that league, how we can be negative about a combo. If you want to change the combo because you dont like, you have to enter this organisation of workers for the league and spend time more with the guys. Maybe your sugestion will be more important because you spend time for the league!!!!!!

Racers got the vote and nothing more because they just sit and race and no matter about how much time snail(directors) spend in his life for maje us racing this events.

There's going to be a slippery slope with anything that is settled by letting the masses vote on what they want and then having to deal with something they didn't vote for. It's just a part of life.

You make a very good point. Having the masses deal with something they didn't vote for is indeed part of life. In fact, it's the American way! Every time we elect or re-elect a president of the United States, there are a LOT of people that aren't happy. Usually 45-49% of Americans are disgusted with the results of any given presidential election.

That being said, what't the best way for all those unhappy Americans to deal with the dejection of "their guy" not winning? Should they try to "nut up" and make the best of the situation, or should they pack their bags and move to Canada because they can't take "four more years"?

Our league's interactiveness is one of the things that defines us and also sets us apart. Our process of voting on the cars and tracks we race is very similar to the democratic process that we use to vote for our presidents. Majority rules! So when the combo you want "removed from office" sticks around for another week, what's the best way to handle it? The choice is yours. :)

For example,

Sunday night and basically every Sunday night, the difference in first place and last place on qualifying time was seperated by .7 seconds. In D1 you have to break every car in and practice to make every lap just perfect every time. When I was in D2 & D3 I hardly ever broke cars in. When we ran a car or track that I didn't like I still had a good finish and a good time racing. You can't do that in D1.

Don't get me wrong. I love racing in D1 because I feel like it is making me a faster and better racer and it has. You guys say that you just race in a race if you don't like the track or car, try doing that at the top level. It doesn't work...
You will be riding around by yourself. I don't mind doing this when I know it is a 1 and Done combo.

Just my personel opionion, We haven't had any good combos (3) in awhile. It seems like when I joined back in the fall every (all 3) combos were great and we had a hard time figuring out whitch one to vote off. But in the last few weeks the combos are not all exciting. Well, there is usually one each week that provides good close racing.

I didn't mean to stir anything up but I know alot of guys think the same way. It is good we are talking about it..

Reagan's lopsided electoral victory over Mondale was 59 to 41 in the popular vote. Most are, as Zer05ive alluded, more like 47/53. Or, in a classroom of, say.. 29, about 15 to 14.

Use your Right To Say I Am Wrong (1st Amendment) as you see fit. Just 'Nut up' if someone exercises their right you do not like the sound of it.

I am heavily struggling race wise of late, but if I dogged out, it would have potentially involved others via size of grid, etc.

Do what ya think you gotta. It be what it be.

Now, let's drive (on).

I hate the Fireblade but I want to win so I suck it up and drive on. That's just who I am. Everyone is different. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Winner picks, it works. It ain't broke.

ust my personel opionion, We haven't had any good combos (3) in awhile. It seems like when I joined back in the fall every (all 3) combos were great and we had a hard time figuring out whitch one to vote off. But in the last few weeks the combos are not all exciting. Well, there is usually one each week that provides good close racing.

I didn't mean to stir anything up but I know alot of guys think the same way. It is good we are talking about it..
Kendawg. I am curious as to what would be the last set of combos that you liked. I am truly interested and not having a go. I feel the best nights are ones that have a low to moderate pp street car (400-450), a higher PP street car (500-550) and then a RM or tuner car. Weeks where we have those tends to produce the most happiness. I may be wrong in thinking that but that is how it seems to me.

It also feels like most high PP FR (500pp +) seem to only last one week.

4 - Aston Martin DB9 Coupe 06
2 - BMW M5 '08
2 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) 09
2 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR 08
2 - Ferrari California '08
1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione 08
1 - BMW M3 Coupe 07
1 - Chevrolet Camaro SS 10
1 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) 06
1 - Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype
1 - Corvette Z06 (C5) 04
1 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury 07
1 - Maserati Granturismo S 08
1 - Shelby Cobra 427 '66
1 - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 (how did this get voted off )
1 - TVR Tamora '02

Some of those may have been a victim of simply being the wrong car on the wrong track but I feel I see a pattern.

While the RM's and the Tuners seem to last a bit longer

9 - Lotus Elise 96 RM
8 - Acura NSX 91 RM (*)
7 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
5 - Nissan Silvia Spec-r Aero (S15) RM 02 (*)
4 - Amuse S2000 R1 '04
4 - Chevrolet Camaro SS 10 RM
2 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
1 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 69 RM

It will be interesting how the TC's fit in. I would guess they will be more like the tuners/RM's and stick around.

My thoughts as to why? The RM and tuner cars are usually well sorted, show good balance, have good grip and downforce. This means the fast guys can really push them and the slower guys can just enjoy the ease with which they can be driven.

Lastly I am not condoning we only run RM's and Tuners. In fact far from it I prefer streetcars and the limitations and uniqueness that each one brings. But ultimately I like the variety...

...and the great racers in this league.

The Honda CR-Z stuck around for a few weeks from memory and it's a TC :)
True but that is the only one we have run so did not want to make assumptions about the TC's based on a sample of 1. I am looking forward to running some of them. I almost chose the Miata TC instead of the Speed 12:dunce: But I just did not like it on the tracks that had not been used.

You make a very good point. Having the masses deal with something they didn't vote for is indeed part of life. In fact, it's the American way! Every time we elect or re-elect a president of the United States, there are a LOT of people that aren't happy. Usually 45-49% of Americans are disgusted with the results of any given presidential election.

That being said, what't the best way for all those unhappy Americans to deal with the dejection of "their guy" not winning? Should they try to "nut up" and make the best of the situation, or should they pack their bags and move to Canada because they can't take "four more years"?

Our league's interactiveness is one of the things that defines us and also sets us apart. Our process of voting on the cars and tracks we race is very similar to the democratic process that we use to vote for our presidents. Majority rules! So when the combo you want "removed from office" sticks around for another week, what's the best way to handle it? The choice is yours. :)

If a majority won presidential elections no one would win because a majority usually doesn't vote, js

Back