◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,533 comments
Ran the Cappy at 1:50.00 new with oil. I'll try again here shortly when it gets done crawling around Indy. LoL

Ran the Cappy at 1:50.00 new with oil. I'll try again here shortly when it gets done crawling around Indy. LoL
Man that scared me. I thought the 1:50 was for the 8C at Daytona. I ran a few laps last night and my best was 2.01.0 With room for improvement but not 10 seconds worth.

Thanks for giving my idea a try.

I know you're a numbers guy but this one is proven just by the eyeball test. If someone was to do the numbers, I'm sure they would find wide variations in the differences based on the different cars and different tracks. There would be a virtually endless number of differences in lap times.

whats the purpose?. the car/track combo would make the differences change.

I know that every car/track combo would be different but like I said I am just curious. WHile I know the eyeball test confirms this but that is also influenced from the two drivers. Within each division there is usually about a 1 second difference between the fast guy and the slow guy. I just want to see what the difference might be for one driver.

You could just run 10 laps and take your average time with the no broke in, no oil car, break it in change the oil and run ten laps and compare the averages for both sessions? Any inconsistencies during or between sessions would be trivial.

You could just run 10 laps and take your average time with the no broke in, no oil car, break it in change the oil and run ten laps and compare the averages for both sessions? Any inconsistencies during or between sessions would be trivial.
I wish that was true for me but my consistency is not that ...well consistent:)

OwensRacing
1:48.0 run in. I'd say there is a solid 1 sec or 1.5 sec to be had with break in.

Cool Owens. I was curious what the difference would be too. Thanks for giving us an idea what the difference is.

huh... today is wednesday... in less than 3 hours is practicing and the line up for next weekend hasn't come out yet?
PS I don't know if the subject was already discussed bud i didn't check last posts :)

All Wheel Drivers:
You will need to reset the Transmission to the Default settings before it will be considered untuned. For some reason the Wheel use causes an adjusted transmission setting.

OOOPS - Didn't see the previous instructions to Coach.

huh... today is wednesday... in less than 3 hours is practicing and the line up for next weekend hasn't come out yet?
PS I don't know if the subject was already discussed bud i didn't check last posts :)

(1) Clio @ GVE
(2) Alfa @ Daytona (RC ?)
(3) Cappuccino RM @ Madrid Reverse

All Wheel Drivers:
You will need to reset the Transmission to the Default settings before it will be considered untuned. For some reason the Wheel use causes an adjusted transmission setting.

If you change the wheels/rims on the car that is. ;)

Also note for optimum acceleration you will want to shift the Cappy at 7000-7200 RPM's anything higher will slow you down.

OOOPS - Didn't see the previous instructions to Coach.

its ok, not knowing how RM a car, i broke car in changed oil, added stage3 engine and then found how to RM the car, but i guess i was not able to take the stage 3 off, so i had to buy and now breaking in another car

I left Bob to do the work, but he bailed on me it seems...0km driven after entering 3 of the buggers into the Indy500. hrm.

its ok, not knowing how RM a car, i broke car in changed oil, added stage3 engine and then found how to RM the car, but i guess i was not able to take the stage 3 off, so i had to buy and now breaking in another car

You don't need to buy another car, because RMing it is just like creating a new car. It erases anything you've done to it. You do need to break it in afterward though.

pyxen
I left Bob to do the work, but he bailed on me it seems...0km driven after entering 3 of the buggers into the Indy500. hrm.

I've had that happen to me before too, sucks. Seems it has to do with a save not happening before you shut the game down. I now check the car after the run and do a manual save, just in case.

so are we holding formal practice tonight?

Who all's planning to practice tonight? I'd like to get an idea of whether or not we should hold practice in the usual two room format or if there will be less guys practicing tonight due to the fact that there's not an official league night this Sunday.

Also, I was thinking that since we have two Wednesdays to practice before the February season starts, why not mix things up with tonight's format? What would you guys say to having three 20-minute races tonight instead of six 10-minute races?

Don't worry, I'm not suggesting that we change our Sunday night format. It's just an idea to mix things up a bit and hopefully reduce some of the incidents we've have on previous Wednesday nights with everyone trying to race nose-to-tail while simultaneously trying to learn the combo at the same time.

I might goof around in d1 on some custom tracks if anyone is interested. I made a really fun one the other day. I've been having a blast using the interior view, taking everything off the HUD, and racing as hard as I can while staying in my lane. It gets pretty intense :)

Who all's planning to practice tonight? I'd like to get an idea of whether or not we should hold practice in the usual two room format or if there will be less guys practicing tonight due to the fact that there's not an official league night this Sunday.

Also, I was thinking that since we have two Wednesdays to practice before the February season starts, why not mix things up with tonight's format? What would you guys say to having three 20-minute races tonight instead of six 10-minute races?

Don't worry, I'm not suggesting that we change our Sunday night format. It's just an idea to mix things up a bit and hopefully reduce some of the incidents we've have on previous Wednesday nights with everyone trying to race nose-to-tail while simultaneously trying to learn the combo at the same time.

I will be practicing

I plan on being there for combo #1, possibly a little of #2.

I am cautiously for not changing format. In Reverse grid, I can work on cleanly holding a position and theoretically moving up. A 20 minute race is unlikely to deliver that (selfish) benefit.

That being said, if I get punted early in the reverse grid, it will not matter too much.

Open for trying something new, I suppose.

Zer0, are we running low to high PP?

im in for practice, 20 min races sounds fun, but i am thinking the combos got listed so late everyone might not have their cars ready.

BTW
No one volunteered to host red room. Unless someone jumps in and lets me know with at least 15 min in advance, ill host the room. :crazy:

who is hosting Blue Room?

I might goof around in d1 on some custom tracks if anyone is interested. I made a really fun one the other day. I've been having a blast using the interior view, taking everything off the HUD, and racing as hard as I can while staying in my lane. It gets pretty intense :)
I love doing that. But stuck at work:(

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95 @ Circuito Madrid / Reverse

As long as i don't get penalized this is going to be the new combo

Alright folks, after some extensive testing, I've decided my offical choice will be:

Daytona Road Course

Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Suzuka, but I think Daytona will provide for closer racing, with more passing room.

Sorry for the delay, but the February 10th lineup has finally been posted!! :gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back