◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,533 comments
I think I might be interested, is this on Friday or Saturday?

Not sure what day to run this. What do people think?

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99
4. Zer05ive
5. Dangerzone641

I would like any car to be available so Standard and Premium. My instinct says tuning prohibited. Tires are tricky. We could say Sports hard for everything but I feel if we go for tires based on normal S.N.A.I.L. rules it might be more fun. A bit of testing may be needed.

Do you think our car lineups should be secret or should we reveal them prior to racing?

Isn't the secrecy part of the fun and stategy? Revealing them prior to racing would be like the Harbaugh brothers going over each other's playbooks before Sunday's game. Just my two cents.

However, that does bring up another points.. How would PP be enforced? Since PP is only limited as an aggregate and not for each individual race, you could never set a PP limit during a race. I guess prohibiting tuning would be the only way of guaranteeing that everyone's PP was where they said it was, since it's fairly easy to determine what each car's stock PP is w/ break-in and oil change.

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99
4. Zer05ive
5. Dangerzone641

Umm.. any chance you could swap me and dangerzone on the list? The number 4 is majorly bad joo joo for me.. :scared:

Besides, he's got a #4 in his handle and I'm pretty sure I'm okay with #5 :sly:

Isn't the secrecy part of the fun and stategy? Revealing them prior to racing would be like the Harbaugh brothers going over each other's playbooks before Sunday's game. Just my two cents.

However, that does bring up another points.. How would PP be enforced? Since PP is only limited as an aggregate and not for each individual race, you could never set a PP limit during a race. I guess prohibiting tuning would be the only way of guaranteeing that everyone's PP was where they said it was, since it's fairly easy to determine what each car's stock PP is w/ break-in and oil change.

Umm.. any chance you could swap me and dangerzone on the list? The number 4 is majorly bad joo joo for me.. :scared:

Besides, he's got a #4 in his handle and I'm pretty sure I'm okay with #5 :sly:

Anything to keep the boss happy. I am happy to work on the honor system as far as PP. we can always preform a check after the races. Ultimately I just want to have fun.

I wonder if posting 2 of the 4 cars we are going to run would be an in between option.

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99
4. Dangerzone641
5. Zer05ive (he is so needy)

Anything to keep the boss happy. I am happy to work on the honor system as far as PP. we can always preform a check after the races. Ultimately I just want to have fun.

I wonder if posting 2 of the 4 cars we are going to run would be an in between option.

Just throwin' it out there, but what if we had to draft our cars? We could do a snake draft like in fantasy sports. That way, nobody would have an advantage based on how early their first pick was. A draft would also solve the issue of what cars had to be "revealed" before the race. Everyone would see what everyone else drafted, and we could use the 1600 PP limit as a "salary cap" of sorts. The total salary of your four players/cars can't exceed $1600 PP.

I used to play NFL Street on the PS2 way back in the day with my roommate at the time. There was a game mode in which we had to draft our players before the game and I swear the draft process and the strategy involved was more fun that the gameplay itself! :lol:

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99
4. Dangerzone641

I must be getting that from my wife! :dunce:

Just throwin' it out there, but what if we had to draft our cars? We could do a snake draft like in fantasy sports. That way, nobody would have an advantage based on how early their first pick was. A draft would also solve the issue of what cars had to be "revealed" before the race. Everyone would see what everyone else drafted, and we could use the 1600 PP limit as a "salary cap" of sorts. The total salary of your four players/cars can't exceed $1600 PP.

I used to play NFL Street on the PS2 way back in the day with my roommate at the time. There was a game mode in which we had to draft our players before the game and I swear the draft process and the strategy involved was more fun that the gameplay itself! :lol:

I like the draft idea. Would that mean no one would run the same car? Call it the anti- S.N.A.I.L . night.

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99
4. Dangerzone641 (I have had aches that are older than him)

I love this idea jobyone! I've been trying to get races like this for a while. Seems interesting and fun! Driftin_Assassin Approves!

This message is sent from the office of D4 Photography and I approve this message.

Add me to the drivers list hoping to be on Saturdays.👍

D1/FD style competition.

D1/FD.... care to explain / expand? Delta 1 Funny Deeds?
This one could be one added to the Monday Mayhem nights? Just an idea...

I have had an idea in my head for a while about a nights racing I would love to try and just seeing if anyone else likes the idea. The idea is this.

4 Races (20 minutes each)
4 Tracks (thinking Spa, Daytona Road Course, Tsukuba, Laguna Seca although I am open to which tracks we run)
4 Cars.

I think Suzuka goes much better than Tsukuba and flows better with the other 3...

Your planning to run this regular SNAIL time correct?

Last edited:
D1/FD.... care to explain / expand? Delta 1 Funny Deeds?
This one could be one added to the Monday Mayhem nights? Just an idea...

d1 and fd are the 2 major drift competitions that everyone knows. d1 grand prix is the huge japanese competition. fd is basically d1gp's american equivalent and means "formula drift"

I have a question about SPEC racing. I understand you cannot tune the car. Does this mean you cannot make adjustments to anything on the car other than tires and oil, or are you allowed to tune car parts that do not affect the overall PP of the car? Specifically (brake balance, suspension & drivetrain)

I am sure this has probably been clarified in previous post, but sorting through the thousands in this thread is a bit time consuming. Thanks in advance for indulging my laziness with a quick answer.

Steps to preping your car for SNAIL Sunday event

New car
Change oil, break in (300km), change oil, car wash! You can adjust brake balance, that's all. See tire restriction for each combo on the first page of this thread.

For a used car, consider overhauling the engine and maybe body stiffness.

I have a question about SPEC racing. I understand you cannot tune the car. Does this mean you cannot make adjustments to anything on the car other than tires and oil, or are you allowed to tune car parts that do not affect the overall PP of the car? Specifically (brake balance, suspension & drivetrain)

I am sure this has probably been clarified in previous post, but sorting through the thousands in this thread is a bit time consuming. Thanks in advance for indulging my laziness with a quick answer.

Hey JESter82178,

In SPEC racing you want everyone to run the same SPECifications, that way you're testing a driver against a driver. Instead of a Tuner/Driver Vs. Tuner/Driver. It's all you when you get on the track, using the same equipment ensures that.

We set up our rooms to disallow tuning, so if you've added anything or changed from the default settings on the stock parts you won't get on track.

By the way, I added you to the drivers list as a new S.N.A.I.L. Jobyone will be along shortly to post the welcome message and instructions 👍

The only thing you can change is brake balance and engine limiting. Anything else will prevent you from entering the track in a tuning prohibited room. You can put parts on a car to break it in, but don't add parts you can't take back off, i.e. chassis reinforcement or any engine tuning. All the other parts you can take off.

This sounds like an awesome idea, maybe do it Friday night and then go racing on Saturday

Requesting to join the S.N.A.I.L league.

PSN ID: JESter82178
Hi JESter82178,

Thanks for your interest! As you can probably see by the multiple replies to your question we have a friendly and helpful group here. I hope our brand of SPEC racing is something you will enjoy. We are always happy to have drivers who race clean. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

This sounds like an awesome idea, maybe do it Friday night and then go racing on Saturday
I could go with that. I like the idea of it being quickly after the draft so it would be more about going with a hunch on a car rather than testing it to get the absolute faster car.

This message is sent from the office of D4 Photography and I approve this message.

Add me to the drivers list hoping to be on Saturdays.👍

I think Suzuka goes much better than Tsukuba and flows better with the other 3...

Your planning to run this regular SNAIL time correct?
Consider your self added Wolf. That means we should get some great pictures:) While I agree Suzuka is a great track my thinking behind Tsukuba is it is a small track with short straights so will play in to the hands of some of the small light cars that could be used for this event. But it is not set in stone.

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99 (Blue ...no yellooooooo)
6. Wolfsatz
16.[/QUOTE]

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. Tezgm99 (Blue ...no yellooooooo)
6. Wolfsatz
[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks joby lol

Hmm I'm thinking tonight I'm going to do the entry time trail again and see how much faster I am than when I started. I think I still have the time, but it's possible that it's gone. Do the stewards have a record of the times or is it just a chart of from time X to time Y you go to division Q?

Im still planing how to organize it, it'll probably end up being a free run drift event but I sort of want it to be a D1/FD style competition.

I got an idea on how to set up a d1 style event. I'll hit you up in a pm in about 2 hours about my idea, once I'm on my lunch break.

Wow thanks joby lol

I could not help it. The reality is I am just old and bitter and wish I had my youth back. I never would have though I would say that when I was young.

Hmm I'm thinking tonight I'm going to do the entry time trail again and see how much faster I am than when I started. I think I still have the time, but it's possible that it's gone. Do the stewards have a record of the times or is it just a chart of from time X to time Y you go to division Q?

Well remember the update that ruined the lotus at autumn ring combo, well it added like a second to the time, so the trial you do might be a few seconds slower than it would've been without the update

All Star Baseball (2004, I think and easily the best baseball video game of its time) used to have a similar feature. You could play a pickup game with whatever players showed up that day. You, of course, got to pick the players a lá a kids' sandlot game. The best part was that any players you had previously unlocked could show up: including old legends like Cy Young, Satchel Page, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, etc. The only problem was the guy who got the best starting pitcher usually dominated. Who could hit Cy Young? Some of those old guys even had a totally unfair spit ball or eephus…

While that idea sounds like fun and would guarantee everyone was in different cars I think it would make things too complicated, eliminate "last minute" drivers and eliminate the excitement, anticipation and fun of revealing your cars at the last minute.

I tend to jump into weekday events just because my wife has gone to bed early or because I begged [well] enough. Having a draft for this would make it impossible for me to do so unless said draft was prepared in the few minutes before the races began.

With joby's original idea I could plan my four cars any time, then just hold onto them until I'm free on one of the nights that we race – even if it's been weeks since I prepared them.

I'd say to leave the draft idea on the table for a one-off event or a "restricted entry" type event.

(P.S. I'd love to join this, at least from time to time, depending on the day chosen)

Last edited:
I echo Apmaddocks sentiment. Having a draft would all but eliminate the guy who found out early in the day that he doesn't have anything else to do so he's going to race. I would be one of those guys and I never know when I'm going to be able to race or not except for Sunday's. Going the other way, if someone showed up to draft but then couldn't race, four cars are just wasted for the week.

If you want to keep variety in the series, I would suggest running the same four tracks for a month but not allowing any driver to use the same model car twice in a month.

Here's an idea that I have, I say that the winner if the week before chooses a pp range that the cars have to be in (such as 300-315), but he would only announce it around three hours before the races. This way that you could only get one car broken in and then have a little bit of time to choose which car you'll use for a certain track

I think you're missing much of the point, danger.

I could, for instance, pick the FGT to (all but) guarantee a win for one race. I would then have to divide up the remaining PP through the other three races. I'd probably lose those, but I guess that's my strategy.

Having a PP range dictated for one race would keep things closer but eliminate that aspect.

DJones

All the tt's every driver has submitted is saved :)

Remember, I love data 👍

Apmaddock or anyone else that knows where it is. I am not able to find the stewards post for the races that took place on Jan. 20. Does it exist and if so, where is it? If it doesn't exist yet, can it be created? I'm working on catching up the penalty history post that I said I would get to sometime last week.

Back