◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
I encourage everyone to continue suggesting ways of improving the league, but please don't get upset if you're idea doesn't stick. We obviously can't implement every single suggestion that's made, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't make it.

I suggest a name change to Saturday Night American Interactive League.

We are sorry to inform you that after much internal deliberation it has been decided that your suggestion cannot be implemented on the grounds that it would conflict with the informative and advertising nature of the league's brand name and would likely cause confusion both for existing members and those interested in joining S.N.A.I.L.

Have a nice day. :)

Rotation between divisions is nonsensical. Every division has an equal chance to win a prize. We've made certain of that.

"slower" drivers having a chance to pick a combo may not be bad, having the combos rotate between first second and third of the division of the driver with the most points could be an idea, or maybe first second and third of a different division every week and extending the season to 5 weeks instead of a month. everyone has a good idea of who has the best chances to win each division each week, so the only drivers that end up picking are drivers that are on the rise (i.e. i got A prize4 out of the last 5 weeks, gtp worst driver is always at the top of the best division in snail). people that are in the correct division promoting close racing in the middle of their division grinding every week end up getting nothing in return for contributing to the cause of snail.

stop being such a debbie downer

Since it's been brought up, I'd just like to say how happy I am with the adjusted points multiplier that we've been using for the past few months to determine the prize winners. In my opinion, it's worked flawlessly and it's a shining example of how feedback from the league can really improve the way things run.

I also like how there's seems to be a "magic number" developing for division winners to shoot for. It seems that division winners who score 85 adjusted points are able to secure a prize. For example, take a look at the results from February 10th. The average of the five division winners' adjusted points total was right about 85 points, with three of them almost exactly on 85. The one who didn't quite hit 85 was left out of the prizes.

Anyways, I just wanted to acknowledge the success of the system and thank Bowler for being the brainchild behind it. I encourage everyone to continue suggesting ways of improving the league, but please don't get upset if you're idea doesn't stick. We obviously can't implement every single suggestion that's made, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't make it.

Thanks for the acknowledgement there Zero. The saying about a blind squirel comes to mind. Once in a while I do come up with a good idea.

"slower" drivers having a chance to pick a combo may not be bad, having the combos rotate between first second and third of the division of the driver with the most points could be an idea, or maybe first second and third of a different division every week and extending the season to 5 weeks instead of a month. everyone has a good idea of who has the best chances to win each division each week, so the only drivers that end up picking are drivers that are on the rise (i.e. i got A prize4 out of the last 5 weeks, gtp worst driver is always at the top of the best division in snail). people that are in the correct division promoting close racing in the middle of their division grinding every week end up getting nothing in return for contributing to the cause of snail.

stop being such a debbie downer

I'm not being a downer nor a Debbie.

If someone is consistently winning prizes (present company comes to mind) then they will soon be promoted. When promoted, they likely will have a more difficult time winning prizes. As such, the odds of one person winning prizes and picking combinations over and over again is pretty low...unless they've been put into a division far lower than they should have been. ahem. …but even they will eventually be put into the division where they will be in the pack.

Hey everyone, don't forget that STaTS is tonight!

I am interested in joining this as a tuner/driver. I need a teammate though. Anyone out there wanna race with me? I would also be good with driving for another tuner. Or joining someone without a teammate.

If I can get hooked up I may be able to race tonight. Permission from wifey pending.

I am interested in joining this as a tuner/driver. I need a teammate though. Anyone out there wanna race with me? I would also be good with driving for another tuner. Or joining someone without a teammate.

If I can get hooked up I may be able to race tonight. Permission from wifey pending.

I'm on the feeder team for cheeb and james, but don't have a teammate yet. Bowler is our tuner I believe :)

This is insulting. Thanks for that.

Also you did get at least one single opinion. Perhaps you didn't get more because your point didn't make sense…

Everyone who doesn't win a prize gets to help choose the combos that are kicked off. Last week the slowest combo was voted off. I really doubt that happened by accident.

Rotation between divisions is nonsensical. Every division has an equal chance to win a prize. We've made certain of that.

It's even been made so that a single winner can't win the same prize twice in a month…not that I agree with that one. ;)

It used to be that only Division 1 winners won prizes. Now every division can.

It used to be that the winners from the divisions with the fewest racers one week had the best chance of winning a prize. A multiplier was put in place that keeps that from happening.

This really is an interactive league. The winners choose new cars and tracks to replace those that are voted off by everyone else. Not only that, but the participants are free to voice their opinions, and often times, it has resulted in change.

The things that have not brought improvement are griping, whining, and putting the league or its coordinators down.

I understand the misconfort of an "outside the circle" opinion maddock but i'm not whinning or complaining. Simply putting out an ideia that would make all snailers more participative. Some combo choices are definitely directed to the most skilled, to people that look way beyond the fun and that does not represent the majority of snailers.

I understand the misconfort of an "outside the circle" opinion maddock but i'm not whinning or complaining. Simply putting out an ideia that would make all snailers more participative. Some combo choices are definitely directed to the most skilled, to people that look way beyond the fun and that does not represent the majority of snailers.

There is no circle, Schmiggz. That is a figment of your imagination. I could count on my fingers the number of PMs I've had to or from zer0 in the last YEAR.

I gave my opinion to your suggestion, since that was what you were begging for. Here it is again in a nutshell: I don't like it.

Lots of CANADIANS here...

Last I checked Canada was part of North America

I'm on the feeder team for cheeb and james, but don't have a teammate yet. Bowler is our tuner I believe :)

How does this work? Do we get the tune from bowler then race it? Not quite sure what you mean by feeder? I would be willing to team up with you and have bowler tune our cars if that's possible?

Need more info

Thanks

How does this work? Do we get the tune from bowler then race it? Not quite sure what you mean by feeder? I would be willing to team up with you and have bowler tune our cars if that's possible?

Need more info

Thanks

These questions are probably best addressed in the STaTS thread.

Can we volunteer as tuners in the STaTS thing, and then make the cars uncontrollable and watch the drivers flail about? :sly:

I am sure you can, but I think you are going to have a hard time finding drivers for your team. :ill:

Perhaps Jester wants to be your crash dummy.

Last edited:
Can we volunteer as tuners in the STaTS thing, and then make the cars uncontrollable and watch the drivers flail about? :sly:

Just make them drive a stock Zonda R. No sabotage tuning needed.:lol: Any tuning on it will likely result in much greater performance no matter what you tuned!

Just a JOKE! NO complaining, whining, or criticism of the admin here. JUST JOKING! :) Probably wasn't that funny, sorry.

If someone is consistently winning prizes (present company comes to mind) then they will soon be promoted. When promoted, they likely will have a more difficult time winning prizes. As such, the odds of one person winning prizes and picking combinations over and over again is pretty low...unless they've been put into a division far lower than they should have been. ahem. …but even they will eventually be put into the division where they will be in the pack.

The prize system is the most fair I have seen in regards to awarding prizes. Success must be rewarded. It does leave out the guys grinding away in their division (myself included) but we do have a partial say in the vote so we are not left out of it. I think it is as good as it can get. Changes will likely create new unintended imbalances of some kind. While I understand the suggestions for changes given, and the reason for them, I think the current system is fair as it is.

There is no circle

Indeed. SNAIL is like Project Mayhem. You determine your own level of involvement 👍

And this is one of the things I have always enjoyed about SNAIL. It's full of people that see a need, and take it upon themselves to fill that need. People help where they can, from Joby's color chart to suggesting improvements to the lounge hosts to the photogs to the stewards to Bowler's math-fu -- and that's just scratching the surface.

Last edited:
There is a snail inner circle? Why haven't you guys told me about this? Is there a handshake or what? I want in. Is it called the Snailuminati? This is so cool!

If I may offer my "testimony concerning SNAIL" ..... if anyone is interested.

Since joining this "league of conscientious members", my driving has improved in many aspects. I may not be at the head of the Division, ever, but my sense of competition with control has greatly improved.

If not from another member's view - from my "Crew Chief's" opinion, which is very objective most of the time. (Mrs TEX being the Crew Chief?).

So, as with all that is good, there will always be the nit pickers ........ and that is good, too, up to a point. But I just wanted the Organizers and Stewards know that they and all members are appreciated.

Nuf said, or I'll be accused of polishing apples.

Enjoy the close and competitive racing, Everyone !!!

Chiochan
There is a snail inner circle? Why haven't you guys told me about this? Is there a handshake or what? I want in. Is it called the Snailuminati? This is so cool!

We have obviously been excluded. Let's start our own little exclusive circle with code words, secret pm's, and prefixes added to our online names!

Chiochan

You don't know about it because it is inside a secret area!
But not 51!

Back