◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
My sincere apologies to Skills - Last night I mistakenly recorded his vote as combo 2 not combo 3.

This happens right after I joked that I would change his vote to track 2.... ARGH! Not intended!

I've corrected the vote for D5.

Handlebar
My sincere apologies to Skills - Last night I mistakenly recorded his vote as combo 2 not combo 3.

This happens right after I joked that I would change his vote to track 2.... ARGH! Not intended!

I wonder what Sigmund would say about that?

The voting between Round 2 and Round 3 is extremely close.. If you were one of the drivers that didn't submit a vote last night, please do so as soon as possible. You have until about 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific at which point I'll be posting the results from last night along with the final elimination vote tally.

I asked a question last night during racing as to how it was possible for me to get passed on a straight while hitting the rev limiter at Daytona with the FGT. I have watched some replays and I have found my answer. Some drivers are able to not hit the limiter until they reach 224 mph while others are able to get to 223 before hitting it while some are able to get to 222. I even saw one car that hit the limiter at 221. I don't know what the cause of this is but it sure doesn't make for spec racing if any car is going to have a 3mph advantage for top speed over any other car.

The cars that could reach 224 could do so in clean air in the middle of the track with nobody behind them. There was no change in throttle imput by the driver to get to the higher speed. It is just a flaw in the game I would assume. As much time is spent on the rev limiter in that combo, it makes a big difference over the course of a lap.

I don't know if this applies to any other car when it would reach the limiter or not but it may be something to look at for future consideration. I have pics of a car reaching 224 in the middle of a straight but I am hesitant to post it because it would single out a driver and I'm 99.99999% sure that the drivers that hit 224 did nothing out of the ordinary.

JLBowler
I asked a question last night during racing as to how it was possible for me to get passed on a straight while hitting the rev limiter at Daytona with the FGT. I have watched some replays and I have found my answer. Some drivers are able to not hit the limiter until they reach 224 mph while others are able to get to 223 before hitting it while some are able to get to 222. I even saw one car that hit the limiter at 221. I don't know what the cause of this is but it sure doesn't make for spec racing if any car is going to have a 3mph advantage for top speed over any other car.

The cars that could reach 224 could do so in clean air in the middle of the track with nobody behind them. There was no change in throttle imput by the driver to get to the higher speed. It is just a flaw in the game I would assume. As much time is spent on the rev limiter in that combo, it makes a big difference over the course of a lap.

I don't know if this applies to any other car when it would reach the limiter or not but it may be something to look at for future consideration. I have pics of a car reaching 224 in the middle of a straight but I am hesitant to post it because it would single out a driver and I'm 99.99999% sure that the drivers that hit 224 did nothing out of the ordinary.

Maybe because he break his FGT.

One thing I found with the FGT was if when you got close to the rev limit you lifted off the throttle the right amount you'd get a few MPH more. It seems when you hit the rev limiter it slows the car down 1 or 2 MPH.

I looked at this too, and I suspect it's a network-induced illusion. I'll go back and look again, but this is behavior I would expect from a lag prediction algorithm.

If I'm right, it would be pretty easy to verify. Would you mind PMing the driver(s) you saw above 221 and asking them to take a video (cellphone will do) of their own replays of the parts in question? I suspect they won't show 224.

Last edited:
Warning long post ahead

Here's a sneak peak into Area 51.

350Z @ Deep Forest Reverse
240220138.jpg

240220137.jpg

I quite like this one. :drool:

240220136.jpg

240220135.jpg

240220134.jpg

240220133.jpg

240220132.jpg

240220131.jpg

Zonda R @ Fuji GT
2402201316.jpg

2402201315.jpg

2402201314.jpg

2402201313.jpg

2402201312.jpg

2402201311.jpg

2402201310.jpg

240220139.jpg

FGT @ Daytona Road
2402201321.jpg

2402201320.jpg

2402201319.jpg

2402201318.jpg

Trololol moment.:dunce:
2402201317.jpg

Original size pictures are available at request. :)

One thing I found with the FGT was if when you got close to the rev limit you lifted off the throttle the right amount you'd get a few MPH more. It seems when you hit the rev limiter it slows the car down 1 or 2 MPH.

I agree and makes sense as in when you are engine braking.

I try not to hit he limiter and lift off he throttle just a notch.

I ask cuz i was 2nd overall and im curious.

Curiosity killed the cat!

Good job, hope to race with you in D3 if you do get promoted!

Last edited:
Im tired of people tell gt6 will be on ps3 or ps4. I just want to know when the DLC comming and nothing more. Gt6 will be important for me after finish the job on gt5.

Depending on how good of a draft you have. Hitting above 221 requires a draft, hitting 224 probably requires great Internet also or a line of more than 2 cars

Evidently some guys can't read. I said in my post that in all instances there was no draft and no change in throttle imput. If you're going to offer up a reason, at least take the time to read that I've already eliminated it from consideration. I'm willing to buy that it is a network issue but the speeds being reached are real and they are different between cars. The odd part is in my replay, I'm able to get 222 while others can get different numbers on each side of it i.e. 221, 223, and 224. It would make more sense it everyone else in the lobby was able to show 224 and I was 222 but for each driver to have a different speed just seems odd. It is also not just a glitch in the speedo. The car doing 224 is pulling away from the car doing 222.

If you have replays from the races involving the FGT, can you please take a look and see if this occurs elsewhere or if maybe it was just a room issue? DRKronin is probably on the right track of it being something network related but it would be nice to know for sure.

Last edited:
Back