◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,668 comments
Hey everyone. I have some similar news as ImToLegitToQuit.

My wife is scheduled for delivery late Monday night, this means, I need sleep if I'm going to be up all night Monday. This also means with our new boy or girl I'm not sure what my schedule will be like for a couple of weeks.

I hope to come back one day, and work my way back up to Division 1.

It's been a pleasure racing with you all, it's changed my GT5 experience. Keep this going. and.... "I'll be back."

I just wanted give M1SS-D3V10US a shout out for taking AJK-VAIL to school Wed. night and giving him some tips as he took me to school last night and showed me the tips and I shaved almost 2 seconds of Deep Forest(1:29.221 to 1:27.148), 1.5 seconds off Cape Ring (3:04.554 to 3:03.148). I think I can shave off more with a little more schooling. You are awesome D3V10US and next time you have some schooling I will be there. I'll bring you an apple :)👍

Last edited:
Going out of town today and will not be able to make sundays race.

In unrelated news, I might be able to turn up Sunday due to my parents going away and calling me a day later than normal :sly:

guys i'm going to MIA for a few weeks on account of my new partner in crime being born today. 9lbs. 2oz. at 2:06pm. I'm not requesting that my spot be saved or anything because I don't know when I'll have nights free again. Later.

My wife is scheduled for delivery late Monday night, this means, I need sleep if I'm going to be up all night Monday. This also means with our new boy or girl I'm not sure what my schedule will be like for a couple of weeks.

I hope to come back one day, and work my way back up to Division 1.

It's been a pleasure racing with you all, it's changed my GT5 experience. Keep this going. and.... "I'll be back."

Official Driver List Updated.

Legit and AG, we can hold your spot for a couple of weeks in case by some miracle you find a Sunday night free. Babies schedules can be funny things, so you never know!

Let us know all the details AG! Pre-congrats :)

I just wanted give M1SS-D3V10US a shout out for taking AJK-VAIL to school Wed. night and giving him some tips as he took me to school last night and showed me the tips and I shaved almost 2 seconds of Deep Forest(1:29.221 to 1:27.148), 1.5 seconds off Cape Ring (3:04.554 to 3:03.148). I think I can shave off more with a little more schooling. You are awesome D3V10US and next time you have some schooling I will be there. I'll be you an apple :)👍

Excellent news. I'm glad to see more people taking Devious and Mopar up on their offer. You'll need to set up a sign up sheet soon :)

We might have to change the acronym to Supreme Newborn Ankle-biter and Insomnia League.

Congratulations, guys. Your lives will never be the same, again.

I've been sick with allergies this week. was in bed at 715 last night. :(
I'm on so much medication that staying awake at work is the hardest part of my day. If the seats are comfy, the symphony tonight will easily put me to sleep.

ps: They're playing "eyes on me" tonight with a choir singing. :ouch:

I've been sick with allergies this week. was in bed at 715 last night. :(
I'm on so much medication that staying awake at work is the hardest part of my day. If the seats are comfy, the symphony tonight will easily put me to sleep.

ps: They're playing "eyes on me" tonight with a choir singing. :ouch:

I remember when I had allergies, I feel for you.

As for the symphony, just try not to snore too loudly. lol :lol:

I cant believe there are enough fanboys out there to actualy make a FF symphony! Madoock, sorry about drop out like I did last night, my little ones been sick and was having a rough night.

Hey, that's life, Rally. No problem. I ended up just struggling some more, giving up, and going into D1 to practice at Deep Forest. If I can make 7 laps without spinning on Sunday it'll be the first time.

If they did a concert of FF VI (III) music I'd probably jump on it. That music sounds like my youth.

A choir? Then they had better play "Oh My Hero" too.

I was an FF fanboy of sorts until XIII. That was just poo. I haven't even considered buying XIII-2.

I enjoyed it too, but I agree that it would have been more fun with a full room. Only eight people showed up, so that meant there were only three blockers on each team. When you consider that there's usually one blocker on offense and one on defense, that led to a bunch of one-on-one tactical situation. There simply weren't enough cars on the track to get the "full" effect of team strategy that I was hoping for. Hopefully we'll have more drivers the next time we try this.

Bowler, did you have any specific ideas or rules in mind? Maybe we can integrate them into what we did last night. We started doing continuous laps and letting the jammers just keep going non-stop until they scored five points, but then we decided to have the jammers reset at the start/finish line each time one of them scored a point so that we could restart each "jam". Also, at first we had everyone using the same car, but that didn't work at all because the blockers couldn't catch back up to the jammers if they tried to do any tactical offensive or defensive driving. Therefore, we decided to put the jammers in slower cars and that worked out much better.

Being that the jammer in roller derby is usually faster and more nimble than the blockers, I was thinking of using something like a lotus for the jammers and a larger car like one of the Jags for the blockers. I have a custom track I was thinking about using that is triangular in shape and only .6 miles in lenght. This would allow a lot of laps and a lot of traffic hence a lot of strategy. I was still trying to wrap my head around specific rules. Roller derby is scored by the jammer passing the other teams blockers but there isn't a way to track this easily in the game. I guess in a racing format it could just be whichever jammer wins the race would be the winner. I really don't have any good ideas for specific rules.

I was still trying to wrap my head around specific rules. Roller derby is scored by the jammer passing the other teams blockers but there isn't a way to track this easily in the game. I guess in a racing format it could just be whichever jammer wins the race would be the winner. I really don't have any good ideas for specific rules.

The way we did it was like a first to five wins setup, so we set the laps to nine. In such a short course, this could probably go higher. Anyway, when the jammer that is in the lead (1st place more then likely) crosses the finish line, they call out the score. Everyone kinda keeps track of the score in their head anyway, so no one can call a different number and get away with it. We, as zero said, switch it up so that when the jammer crossed the finish line, we reset. meaning stayed on track, all of the blockers moved up infront of the start finish, and the two jammers started behind. Called out a time, and the jammers started again at that time for another lap.
On a smaller course like you've got, and a full grid, I think its possible to just run straight laps, as on such a small course, no one is really going to be out of reach of a blocker somewhere on the course.

My best lap in the S2000 in a simulated 7 lap race run in the Div 1 lounge about an hour ago was a 1:27.091. I can gain about 3 tenths in sector one and two in sector three during practice (in with garris at the moment) on that time so a mid 26 is on the cards if I can do a similar middle sector but just can't figure it out yet how I did it in the race run :lol:

Final Fantasy Playlist

Here's what I'm hearing tonight. Turns out "Eyes on Me" is tomorrow.

:cheers: :D :) YES!!!!

Ask for something special to do with the dark aeons in FFX international/PAL since I have that due to a PS2 bought in New Zealand :sly:

Last edited:
I'm excited to here the chocobo medley and Fisherman's Horizon

I've ran just the one practice race with you all and nothing else in the S2000. I'm thinking about practicing late this evening.

Drat and Blast! You'll be missing the Opera "Maria and Draco" which, I imagine, is the same as "Oh, My Hero."

Such is life. I'm sure you'll enjoy all of the other memorable pieces. Enjoy!

I'm somewhat jealous, being a Final Fantasy and a Classical Music fan.

Anything planned for this evening? The wife's away so I've got the nights all to myself through Monday.

My Turtle Beach headset shows "left at front door", but I'm going to see The Hunger Games with my wife, so no racing tonight. And I'm running the Spartan Sprint race tomorrow, so I'll probably be passed out on the couch by 10pm. See you guys Sunday. :)

Anything planned for this evening? The wife's away so I've got the nights all to myself through Monday.

I'll be holding a practice / tutoring sessions tonight if anyone is interested. If not, I'll just practice and refine my race lines

I'm seeing the Hunger Games tomorrow with a few coworkers. When I'm home tonight I'll switch on the PS3 and look for any SNAIL that's still online . Should be round midnight EST. I'll be up for anything short of comfort tire LMPs.

Want to? Heck yah!

Can I? Not so much - Wife is having "girl's night" for misc chick-flick or Rom-Comedy du jour. she seldom asks to use the big TV, so it's not in the cards for me. Thanks for the offer!

I'll probably be there, Sharkie/Devious (just what does one call you in the forums?)

While my clean laps at DFR are happily running into the 1:28s, I normally run off course about 1 out of every 3 laps.

Ah, and got the headset this morning, so I should be a bit more "interactive."

I'll probably be there, Sharkie/Devious (just what does one call you in the forums?)

While my clean laps at DFR are happily running into the 1:28s, I normally run off course about 1 out of every 3 laps.

Ah, and got the headset this morning, so I should be a bit more "interactive."

Madalynne = my name
...or Maddy if you like

Sharkie = nickname
This name was given to me by my crew after an interview I did. I was asked why I never seem to sit still for very long. My answer was, I guess just like a shark, I feel that if I stop moving, I'll die. The next day I found the name "Sharkie" on my race car. It was funny, but I liked it, so I kept the nickname.

Miss Devious or M1SS D3V10US = gamer ID
I would play games to hone my reflexes and practice racing tactics. My sponsors were happy to pay for my xbox live memberships, but they said I would need to change my gamer ID from "Sharkie" to something that would not identify me. I was playing Gears of War a lot and my friends were calling me "Devious" because I would play to win and they would always loose track of me in matches. I picked the name "Miss Devious" but hated the way it looked so I use numbers in it. "M1SS D3V10US" was born.

As for as which name to call me, it doesn't matter to me, I'll respond to any of the names listed above.

I can help you with Depp Forest Reverse. A 1:28 is respectable, but we'll see if we can get you down to 1:27's. I'll watch your lines and see what you are doing that causes a spin 1 out of 3 laps. I bet it's just a minor correction needed. And with your headset, it will be a lot easier to communicate with you.
👍

I bet it's just a minor correction needed. And with your headset, it will be a lot easier to communicate with you.
👍
This was huge - for me at least - in being able to hear "Follow this racing line..." and when I was coming by too fast/too whatever, to hear "And if you can't follow the line, follow your best racing line from where you are..." (paraphrasing...), and hear it when we didn't have to go to 25 mph/coast/whatever - the time diff to effectiveness ratio = worth it.

I hadn't purchased a mic for a many reasons. Bought one last weekend and now I'm kicking myself for 75% of what I thought were good reasons.

For adults, the upside is worth it. Getcher help while ya can!

This was huge - for me at least - in being able to hear "Follow this racing line..." and when I was coming by too fast/too whatever, to hear "And if you can't follow the line, follow your best racing line from where you are..." (paraphrasing...), and hear it when we didn't have to go to 25 mph/coast/whatever - the time diff to effectiveness ratio = worth it.

I hadn't purchased a mic for a many reasons. Bought one last weekend and now I'm kicking myself for 75% of what I thought were good reasons.

For adults, the upside is worth it. Getcher help while ya can!

It's nice to know that my advise is being hear. Have you been practicing, like I asked you to do?

Back