◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,655 comments
Why not just work 8-4 rather than 9-5? (Heck, around here people work 8-5 already so 8-4 would be a vacation.)

Or businesses could stay open an hour later.

Why are people regimented more to a clock than the sun? That doesn't make any psychological, physiological, or practical sense.

Why are people regimented more to a clock than the sun? That doesn't make any psychological, physiological, or practical sense.

No, people are regimented more to the sun. When it is dark out early, it is depressing and people head home. When it is sunny out for an extra hour people are happy. Happy people spend money.

But it doesn't matter what time the clock says. People are happy when the sun is out. Not when the clock says 7AM-8PM (or whatever).

I don't disagree with what you're saying. I disagree with the logic of changing everyone's clocks for achieving the wanted goal.

No, people are When it is dark out early, it is depressing and people head home. When it is sunny out for an extra hour people are happy.

This is the part that makes no sense. It doesn't get dark "earlier" during standard time. Standard time does not take away an hour of sunlight. It just puts it at a different time. Hence the blanket quote.

There is no "extra hour" of sunlight.

This also doesn't explain why black friday is in late November. ;)

This is the part that makes no sense. It doesn't get dark "earlier" during standard time. Standard time does not take away an hour of sunlight. It just puts it at a different time. Hence the blanket quote.

There is no "extra hour" of sunlight.

This also doesn't explain why black friday is in late November. ;)

This is so off topic.

But there is an extra hour of sunlight. We just took it from the morning when you were sleeping in, so you don't notice it. It isn't taking the bottom of the blanket, it is taking the bottom off of a different blanket. We make the morning blanket smaller to make the evening blanket longer.

Black Friday (and Cyber Monday) are driven by Xmas. It also helps that everyone has the day off.

Well, except for the those in retail.

It's actually "Daylight Saving Time"

Saving, not savings. ;)

Eh... it was penned a long time ago. While it is a saving time for daylight, it is also a time for daylight savings.

Road, hahahaha, what a funny sounding word rooaaauuuuddddds!( I don't have an appropriate Smiley to place here because the ones here are not many and pretty PC, however. Just imagine a Smiley with red, squinty eyes)

I'm going to stop lurking and start racing with y'all. I hope this doesn't get buried in talk of daylight.

Idk man. I'm not much of a diver. Never even gone scuba diving before.

IcuU7.gif

I'm going to stop lurking and start racing with y'all. I hope this doesn't get buried in talk of daylight.

Found it :)

Glad you're coming out of the woodwork, so to speak!

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Send PSN friend requests to SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, have a browse through it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Dabs! Woot!

Mind you, Dabney will join Spooble, Leadbedr, Diabolic, and the rest of the 450 crowd in the non-D3 lounge. :( So... welcome and such.

I'm about to head to SNAIL_DIVISION1 for Sharkie's Tutoring.

side note:
I received a UPS package today. In the package, a brand new Turtle Beach PX3 Gaming Headset. I would like to publicly thank tcrash15 (a.k.a. fzappa) and AJK-VAIL for the generous gift. It's all hooded up, and charging, so I'm not able to use it tonight - I'll be on my regular headset one last night. Tom & Alan, Thank you for being great people. the world really needs more people like the 2 of you!

Thank You!

I'm about to head to SNAIL_DIVISION1 for Sharkie's Tutoring.

I'm still in the div 3 lounge with the ovals :lol:

If anyone does come in and start chatting away, then wonder why I'm not replying, it'll be due to me not being there for the next hour or so :)

Last edited:
But there is an extra hour of sunlight. We just took it from the morning when you were sleeping in, so you don't notice it. It isn't taking the bottom of the blanket, it is taking the bottom off of a different blanket. We make the morning blanket smaller to make the evening blanket longer.

Sorry for the dead horse beating. (Though it probably deserved it.)

That's my whole point. Wake up earlier. Go to bed earlier. If you want to "save" daylight, do it by not wasting it by staying up late and sleeping all day. Your body will thank you and you won't have to invest in curtains and blinds for your bedroom.

Of course, all of this is largely tongue-in-cheek, but I really do wish we could have one time all year.

Dang, you've been in there all day!! I bet you can drive those ovals with your eyes closed by now!

In unrelated news, I wanna be on tez's team for Roller Derby tonight. :lol:

Well, I thought it best to just stay in there in case anyone else popped on and decided to have a go...I haven't been out on track doing laps the entire day :lol:

Do we have cars and stuff decided for Doller Rerby?

For the most part. Tez and I did some testing earlier today and decided on the "blocker" and "jammer" cars that we're going to start with. We wanted the jammer to be lighter and quicker (but less stable), and we wanted the blockers to be stable and hard to spin out. We may do some tweaking on the cars depending on how it goes. The cars will be from the recommended list in order to make sure everyone has access to the same cars.

Good luck, have fun.

I've found the manual transmission on the controller to be... interesting, and worth further review after Spring Break.

And mounting my wheel onto a mount, even more so. Possibly online Friday some, maybe Sat am before wife chases me off, then off for 7-9 days (Monday after Easter if she has her way).

Back