• 149,449 comments
A friendly reminder...

Sunday Pre-race Network/PS/GT7 Maintenance

1) Clear GT7 Network Cache
2) Close game and shutdown PS
3) Turn off/disconnect all devices using home network
4) Power down router
5) Restart Modem
6) After modem has finished restart, power up router.
7) After router restart complete, power up PS
8) Run PS network connection test, if test normal next step, if not begin from step 1
9) Launch GT7
10) Go to Sport Mode and run connection test there, if normal go to multiplayer and find and join lobby. If not normal go back to step 1

We having an issue in the lobby where when the PP limit on the room is set, the BOP doesn't make the PP of the car valid.
Is there a PP limit on the room in the race?
Is this an issue?

We having an issue in the lobby where when the PP limit on the room is set, the BOP doesn't make the PP of the car valid.
Is there a PP limit on the room in the race?
Is this an issue?
Yes. The Roadster appears to get a BoP adjustment as shown below.

1722811872691.png

If PP is set by hosts, set it to 586.

Once again, my opinion the BoP implementation is just plain stupid has been reinforced.

Warmup room will be open shortly.

Last edited:
Hosts should start on time tonight. The only reason to delay start is to allow a driver already in the lobby their 3 minutes to sort out connection issues

It's been a month since I last raced, here are my usual grid photos. Glad to have a bigger grid to photograph now.

It was a fun night, the whole field has gotten faster in the last month. I had some great battles with a couple of new guys I didn't had the chance to race with yet.

Lastly, thank you @Oshawa-Joe for hosting. Your connexion is stable. I didn't get any lag on my part. And thanks to @DublDee for the replays. Much appreciated.

2024-08-04 Race 1.jpg

2024-08-04 Race 2.jpg

2024-08-04 Race 3.jpg

2024-08-04 Race 4.jpg

2024-08-04 Race 4 (2).jpg

2024-08-04 Race 5.jpg

2024-08-04 Race 6.jpg

For the comment about exhaust on Ruf, Combo1 was not my intentions if it did add any advantage even I did not have fastest lap both races, I uploaded livery for the Ruf and that was it,
Also noticed some have different wing sizes, shapes, no wing, so with Bop on and there’s still advantages others can have maybe that can be looked at closer,
Other then that great racing last night, love the bigger grids.

D2 started out with 13 drivers and finished with 10. Pretty good turnout.

I kept score for D2 for the first time last night, and I do have an observation/request. After the final race, please don't start voting for the combo that you want to eliminate and then bailing out of the lobby before the score keeper asks for votes. I've been guilty of this myself in the past, and it makes the scorekeepers job unnecessarily difficult. If you can't wait for the scorekeeper to finish tallying the scores and absolutely must leave, then please send the scorekeeper a message with your vote. Thank you.

Last edited:

I kept score for D2 for the first time last night, and I do have an observation/request. After the final race, please don't start voting for the combo that you want to eliminate and then bailing out of the lobby before the score keeper asks for votes. I've been guilty of this myself in the past, and it makes the scorekeepers job unnecessarily difficult. If you can't wait for the scorekeeper to finish tallying the scores and absolutely must leave, then please send the scorekeeper a message with your vote. Thank you.
I discovered way too late that you can scroll up the lobby chat by holding the right thumbstick up. That way you can see all the votes and put them in the spreadsheet. It helps.

Maybe we can get a policy change to have the voting process take place between races 1 & 2 of round 3. And make it so only votes are cast during the voting window and no other text. Other texts make it difficult to filter out the votes and scrolling up does not work as the chat will auto scroll to the latest text when it is entered.

I'm not certain an official policy is needed for the voting thing. If the division's team SNAIL members want to run it that way, more power to them. Just remember, drivers are only allowed to vote for combos they raced and voting deadline is 8p eastern Monday night following racing.

Also, I don't recall which file, Scoring or Data is where the Results file pulls from, to help @zer05ive generate that post each Monday night. Will look into that.

Recap of D1 events.

191242cfabc59-screenshotUrl.jpg

First race in August. What are we doing up here @Dragonwhisky ?

191242d2a8a95-screenshotUrl.jpg

Turn 1 went reasonably well.
191242d6c0333-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Nicktune for the first win!
191242d9a8193-screenshotUrl.jpg

2nd race and @Dragonwhisky leads Nic into the last turn...can this be dragons Gold?
191242ddc1091-screenshotUrl.jpg

Missed it by that much!
191242e25ab29-screenshotUrl.jpg

Heading into turn 1 at Daytona...oh oh
191242e75ea18-screenshotUrl.jpg

Another successful turn 1, but...
191242ed82519-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Nicktune is released
191242f26337-screenshotUrl.jpg

Oh there he is. Congratulations!
191242f77022-screenshotUrl.jpg

A better way?
191242fa7f125-screenshotUrl.jpg

A little too much chili pepper...
19124300d3f34-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Kgffy for the win!

19124304dfa23-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last round of the night and it's @Nicktune for the win!
1912430b3ff70-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last race of the night finds dragon doing his best nic-KL impersonation for the Gold!

Last edited:
@JLBowler @Akzl298 @Dragonwhisky

Adding wings and or rims may have the unintended result of bumping PP.
This sounds like it happened to more than 1 car yesterday.
This is the link to what we found out about how BoP corrects performance associated with wings and wheels.

I will do some checking to see if this is still valid.

If you have a car that gets it's PP raised by the BoP and the PP for the room is set to the maximum for the car in stock condition then nobody should be able to get in the room.

I am assuming that this was with the Mazda Roadster TC so I will do my testing with that car.

Update:

A quick test shows that if you put 19" wheels on the Roadster TC, BoP does not negate the PP gain that you get from the wheels. BoP does negate any gains from wings and even a high RPM Turbo, but it did not remove the gains from the wheels as it used to do.

The simplest fix here is to make sure the max PP is set using a stock car and observing any changes in PP that the BoP makes to a bone stock car.

What @Dragonwhisky saw as the BoP adding PP was actually the BoP removing the gain from the wing but not removing the gain from the wheels which left a PP value higher than stock.

I will test a few other cars to confirm and there will be an update to the definition of tuning prohibited.

Last edited:
This is the link to what we found out about how BoP corrects performance associated with wings and wheels.

I will do some checking to see if this is still valid.

If you have a car that gets it's PP raised by the BoP and the PP for the room is set to the maximum for the car in stock condition then nobody should be able to get in the room.

I am assuming that this was with the Mazda Roadster TC so I will do my testing with that car.

Update:

A quick test shows that if you put 19" wheels on the Roadster TC, BoP does not negate the PP gain that you get from the wheels. BoP does negate any gains from wings and even a high RPM Turbo, but it did not remove the gains from the wheels as it used to do.

The simplest fix here is to make sure the max PP is set using a stock car and observing any changes in PP that the BoP makes to a bone stock car.

What @Dragonwhisky saw as the BoP adding PP was actually the BoP removing the gain from the wing but not removing the gain from the wheels which left a PP value higher than stock.

I will test a few other cars to confirm and there will be an update to the definition of tuning prohibited.
This is good to know because I usually max out all my cars and don't wide body them due to the no tuning allows in the Snail lobbies I haven't had any problems getting into lobbies or having the BOP adjust any of my cars so far

Update to the update on wheels.

It seems that the Mazda is a bit of an outlier. I checked over a dozen other cars and all of them saw very small changes to the PP number when going with larger wheels. Most of them actually got lower. The BoP feature is not adjusting it back to stock PP so we are stuck with a couple of options.

1. Allow the use of any size wheel and make sure the PP limit on the room represents a car with standard size and offset wheels. This would leave it up to each driver to make sure that the wheels they are putting on their car will allow them into the track on race night. Under this scenario, we would not be delaying the start of a race so anyone can go change their wheels because they didn't check it out before race night.

2. Disallow the use of any size wheel and force everyone to run with the stock size. This is almost unenforceable if the larger wheel lowers the PP of the car and we would have to rely on visuals alone.

I lean heavily toward option 1. It does add something that the driver has to check but, in most cases, we are talking about less than .5pp. The driver would just have to find the combination of size and offset that works best and fits under the stock limit. I would imagine that once someone in the group determined that, they would probably post it for all to see.

Back