◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,529 comments
Im gonna have to pull out tonight. The power steering just went out in our Audi so I'm afraid I will be elbows deep in that car trying to figure out a solution to the issue.
I also would like to give a big thanks to doughboy. I just checked my bspec drivers.:D:cheers: Millions!!! 98% of those races came from you. Gonna send you a little something special for the cool 12 million cr. you made me. I just loaded up the grind app and loaded you and the rest of the snails with bobs on share into my preferred list.going to help grind everyone into better GT5 wealth.

cmbeal317
That's exactly what I was thinking of, since it's a micro enduro, why not include multi-class racing. Plus it puts pressure on the BMW drivers having to deal with traffic.

I have an "I wonder..." idea... ( jet lagged, so it's probably not a good one...)

Could the multi-class idea work across divisions for some events?

I'll be in the div 3 lounge messing around with whatever is in my garage....consider it a track day kind of thing, lol

After that great turnout and race last night(I'll try to get some pics taken later). I have been thinking about what we discussed after the race last night and have made some decisions about how we're going to continue this.

1. A few people brought up last night that there already was lots of practice for Sunday nights races, and since they are more important, I'm extending practice/qualifying to 30 min. If you would like to practice durring the week, that's fine but I'll allow more time for those who prefer just to show up and learn the track.
  2. Seeing that we only had 9 people(surprised I was able to get that many people to begin with). I am going to drop the multi-class racing, at least for this season. If enough people show up that would like to join then we may try that at a later time.
  3. In the discussion last night was also brought up the topic of using Spa Francorchamps. Being a dlc track, only those who have paid for it, if everyone in the series has Spa, then I have no problem including it, and I personally would love to race there.
  4. I also would like to extend the races to about an hour in length. I am also going to work out some prizes, BMW themed of course, probably in the manner of tuned versions of cars that aren't in the game(M3 GTS, 1M). Points will be awarded, and I will work out how we'll deal with points if someone can't make it.

Let me know what you think of the changes. Also please give suggestions for tracks you would like to race on. So far I've decided on Spa(provided we can all race there) and Laguna Seca. Thanks again to everyone who showed up last night. I had a great time and I think everyone else did too.:)

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to announce: Araley (air-a-lee) was born March 28th at 1:44p weighing in at 8lbs and 20in. in length. Still don't know when or if I will be returning. Keep on keeping on!

IMG_0692.JPG

Ok, I've got some stuff to do while it's still nice outside....not sure if I can make it tonight so to everyone who is there, have fun :)

tezgm99
Ok, I've got some stuff to do while it's still nice outside....not sure if I can make it tonight so to everyone who is there, have fun :)

Tonight?

Is it canceled for tonight or?

She will be on the pit crew, supplier of nice google sounds and funny stains on your shoulder before you know it! Enjoy!

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to announce: Araley (air-a-lee) was born March 28th at 1:44p weighing in at 8lbs and 20in. in length. Still don't know when or if I will be returning. Keep on keeping on!

IMG_0692.JPG

Congrats, Aaron! That's a big baby! Hope you can join us again soon, but we understand you've got different priorities right now. ;)

Hey Everyone!

IMG_0692.JPG

Congratulations!:)

Now for some pictures from last night's BMW M3 GTR Challenge. Enjoy!

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_20 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_19 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_17 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_16 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_12 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_15 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_13 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_14 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_18 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_10 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_9 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_8 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_7 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_5 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_6 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_11 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_4 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2 by cmbeal317, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_3 by cmbeal317, on Flickr​

After that great turnout and race last night(I'll try to get some pics taken later). I have been thinking about what we discussed after the race last night and have made some decisions about how we're going to continue this.

1. A few people brought up last night that there already was lots of practice for Sunday nights races, and since they are more important, I'm extending practice/qualifying to 30 min. If you would like to practice durring the week, that's fine but I'll allow more time for those who prefer just to show up and learn the track.
  2. Seeing that we only had 9 people(surprised I was able to get that many people to begin with). I am going to drop the multi-class racing, at least for this season. If enough people show up that would like to join then we may try that at a later time.
  3. In the discussion last night was also brought up the topic of using Spa Francorchamps. Being a dlc track, only those who have paid for it, if everyone in the series has Spa, then I have no problem including it, and I personally would love to race there.
  4. I also would like to extend the races to about an hour in length. I am also going to work out some prizes, BMW themed of course, probably in the manner of tuned versions of cars that aren't in the game(M3 GTS, 1M). Points will be awarded, and I will work out how we'll deal with points if someone can't make it.

Let me know what you think of the changes. Also please give suggestions for tracks you would like to race on. So far I've decided on Spa(provided we can all race there) and Laguna Seca. Thanks again to everyone who showed up last night. I had a great time and I think everyone else did too.:)

Count Me In!!

Which lounge for tonight?

Division 1 lounge tonight. In general, when it's not an official league night, any tutoring, practice, or race using the cars and tracks from the Sunday line-up is held in the D1 lounge. Here's a breakdown of the divisional lounge system.

Anyone who needs access to the D1 lounge, please send a request to SNAIL_Division1 soon so that I can add you before the races tonight.

Hey Everyone!

IMG_0692.JPG

Congrats!

Division 1 lounge tonight. In general, when it's not an official league night, any tutoring, practice, or race using the cars and tracks from the Sunday line-up is held in the D1 lounge. Here's a breakdown of the divisional lounge system.

Anyone who needs access to the D1 lounge, please send a request to SNAIL_Division1 soon so that I can add you before the races tonight.

Twenty 'til and I'm the only one there. Was just worried I was in the wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry all. Fumblerooski....... Anyway, sorry for the hold up, I just couldn't find that damned car....errr. Good luck, catch you all later. I'll try to get my shyte together for next time. Happy Easter. Peace out.

All I can say is WOW!! Tonight's racing was awesome. I wasn't much more than extra scenery, but it was pretty cool (and intimidating) to be on the track with you all. Very impressive driving, all of you! Sorry if I got in anyone's way and I just had to back out of the last race because I was failing pretty bad! After I bailed out I watched the rest of the race and it was exactly why I became a "SNAIL'ER" in the first place. Clean, mature driving at the highest level! I hope to be half that good someday! There were a few points were I was lucky enough to be close to some of you and got to see some of your lines and I hope they come in handy next week. I have much to do before next Sunday. Thanks all for a fun night....

Exo

All I can say is WOW!! Tonight's racing was awesome. I wasn't much more than extra scenery, but it was pretty cool (and intimidating) to be on the track with you all. Very impressive driving, all of you! Sorry if I got in anyone's way and I just had to back out of the last race because I was failing pretty bad! After I bailed out I watched the rest of the race and it was exactly why I became a "SNAIL'ER" in the first place. Clean, mature driving at the highest level! I hope to be half that good someday! There were a few points were I was lucky enough to be close to some of you and got to see some of your lines and I hope they come in handy next week. I have much to do before next Sunday. Thanks all for a fun night....

Exo

Exo, thanks for coming out tonight. Please don't be intimidated by what you saw.. Most of the drivers on the grid tonight are in Division 1 (or on the way to it) so they're in a league of their own. Well, technically, a division of their own lol.. But yeah I agree, "Clean, mature driving at the highest level" is probably the best description of our Division 1 drivers to date. In the past, we've just used descriptions like "cyborgs", "aliens", and "mutants". :lol:

But in all seriousness, if you really hope to to improve your racing skills, I've got two words for you: Thursday Tutoring

Getting personal instruction from a formal professional race car driver definitely does not suck if you're wanting to improve. Nuff said!

Duping working. Put me down for XJR-9 Purple.

Not sure about the wheels. Could just go with bare metal, black, or purple.

Sure is, 2nd hour, I'll have an update on the first event, its going to be held on Daytona, then daytona road course. All night. First hour racing LM cars in the 500-530 pp range. One race at daytona, the next at daytona road course. Then back to the 650-450-300pp cat mouse.

All I can say is WOW!! Tonight's racing was awesome. I wasn't much more than extra scenery, but it was pretty cool (and intimidating) to be on the track with you all. Very impressive driving, all of you! ...There were a few points were I was lucky enough to be close to some of you and got to see some of your lines and I hope they come in handy next week. I have much to do before next Sunday. Thanks all for a fun night....

Exo

The best 'easy tip' I can give to you for situations where the other drivers are more skilled than you are... after the race, SAVE a copy of the race into your replay theater. You can rewatch the race from each driver's point of view, or fast forward to parts of the track that you are having trouble with, watch their line, then swap to your car and see how your line (and speed!) compare with the better drivers.

That, AND I can't recommend the Thursday tutoring session enough. Both would significantly help, in my opinion. Good luck!

Back