◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,529 comments
Ah. Ok. Well, let me/us know. I got the 125 SPL somehow, forget where I got it though?

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it's DLC. Dang it!

So what do we do?

Ah, crap! Like you, I saw that it was in the Dealership and thought it was good to go. However upon further review, it appears that any car who's thumbnail is purple in the lower-right corner is actually a DLC car. :ouch:

If the RACING CART 125 was available as a stand-alone 99 cent download (like the Honda Weider HSV-010), the SNAIL community would easily make sure that anyone who didn't have it would get it. However, since it's part of the most expensive Car Pack out there, I don't think there's a way to let the pick stand. :(

So it's your call. Do you want to go with the PDI RACING KART 100 instead (which I think would still be loads of fun) or do you want to pick something entirely different? Your prize, your decision. 👍

Personally, I would hate to abandon the concept. The 100 is a bit slower, but still fun. That said, while I understand that not everybody has 8 bucks just lying around, the pack the 125 comes in has several of the best cars in the game. Anyone that can afford it should have it.

Right-0. Kart 100 it is then - but is there anyone on here that races currently that doesn't have DLC that opposes this? Perhaps we can get a consensus about using DLC Cars if everyone is cool with it? Just a thought - I will let you all/ the powers at be decide - Kart 100 is the fall back but let's definitely do 125 if it works across the valley of the SNAIL.

Ap has spoken. NO DLC cars! I was previously chastised for the suggestion.

Hey, now. That decision goes way beyond me.

The kart does benefit from a breaking-in. There is some seasonal (at the Nord, I believe) that could be b-spec'ed, but an update may have ruined that.

Right-0. Kart 100 it is then - but is there anyone on here that races currently that doesn't have DLC that opposes this? Perhaps we can get a consensus about using DLC Cars if everyone is cool with it? Just a thought - I will let you all/ the powers at be decide - Kart 100 is the fall back but let's definitely do 125 if it works across the valley of the SNAIL.

I oppose on principle. DLC is simply residual business for Sony, that's why they are there. This is a game that everyone should be able to participate in, provided they own a PS3 and GT5. One should not have to pay to play regardless of cost 99 cents or $10. If we won money, then sure, pay to play. Just my opinion. I'm sure there will be those who agree and disagree. That's all I got to say 'bout that...

With a non broken in kart 100 (Sport Soft) I dipped into the 35.5xxx and I am not familiar with Karts or the track. Not sure how that compares to Alien times in a Kart 125 (Racing Hard I believe). It is fun:tup:

OwensRacing had this idea a month ago and I supported it.

When I researched it last month, I found a site that seemed promising because it didn't "take a cut" of the donations. Perhaps it's time we gave it a more serious look?

One should not have to pay to play regardless of cost 99 cents or $10.

What about the $59.99 MSRP of the game on release…or the cost of the PS3 itself? The cost of internet? You've been paying to play from day one.

When I researched it last month, I found a site that seemed promising because it didn't "take a cut" of the donations. Perhaps it's time we gave it a more serious look?

It's your call, fearless leader.

I'm in D1 for some practice / possible break-in time.

Also, you can't change the tires on the kart. They're always SS.

Last edited:
JLBowler, how far over 200 is your average?

Does offline practice mode count for break in mileage?

What about the $59.99 MSRP of the game on release…or the cost of the PS3 itself? The cost of internet? You've been paying to play from day one.

Yeah, I'm with Ap on this one. I don't like to pay for stuff either, but considering PS3 gives you free internet access, and you get great content from the DLC, I really don't think $5, $8, or $10 is alot to ask, especially in lieu of the fact that you spent $150-$300 on your PS3, $150 or more on your driving wheel and $30-$60 on your copy of GT5, haha. IDK man, especially considering how much we love to play this damn Sim, it makes it doubly worth it. But hey I respect your opinion, and the race will still be fun with the 100.

Apmaddock
Yes...the races for certain. I don't know about anything else.

Ok thanks. Reckon I'll go run a few laps in practice mode and see if any miles rack up. Don't have the energy to run races.

I noticed the lineup post shows the 125. Is that gonna stick?

:( They only offer $20 and $50 PSN cards.

Here's my offer:

I am willing to donate $30 for use to buy track or car pack DLC's for anyone how needs them:). I would like to have everything that GT5 has to offer to be able to be used.
I can buy the DLC's from Game Stop , as I've done in the past , and send that person the code.
Unfortunately , the Motegi Track Pack DLC is not availble at Game Stop and when you purchase it from PSN its an automatic download to your PS3 , you don't get a code to enter.

It's the season of giving fellow snails and it would be my pleasure to help anyone enjoy racing with all the good people in this league:tup:.

:gtpflag:

I have the DLC, but I oppose simply because there are plenty of great choices. We don't have to use the DLC. If you really want to use carts, then stick with the 100cc one and get over it.

I need your help, SNAILS.

There was a complaint in Division 4 but nobody has uploaded the replays. If anyone has them and could send them to me just send me a PM. You can upload them to the cloud or just let me know and I'll tell you which ones I need and my email address.

Thanks

If we're going 100 it'll be Gran Turismo PDI Racing Kart 100...

...but the final decision on the 125 hasn't yet been made.

(I wish it would be. I'd like to practice it.)

I have the DLC, but I oppose simply because there are plenty of great choices. We don't have to use the DLC. If you really want to use carts, then stick with the 100cc one and get over it.

Sorry but telling someone to stick with something and get over it isn't a very nice thing to say!:yuck:

Having an open discussion about something is what makes snail a great league and making it sound final in saying 'get over it' , well............

I'm working on that decision right now. Will hopefully have an update soon. 👍

Here's my offer:

I am willing to donate $30 for use to buy track or car pack DLC's for anyone how needs them:). I would like to have everything that GT5 has to offer to be able to be used.
I can buy the DLC's from Game Stop , as I've done in the past , and send that person the code.
Unfortunately , the Motegi Track Pack DLC is not availble at Game Stop and when you purchase it from PSN its an automatic download to your PS3 , you don't get a code to enter.

It's the season of giving fellow snails and it would be my pleasure to help anyone enjoy racing with all the good people in this league:tup:.

tcrash, you are the man! Please check your PM. :)

Ok thanks. Reckon I'll go run a few laps in practice mode and see if any miles rack up. Don't have the energy to run races.

Yeah, practice mode counts. I break in a lot of my cars through practicing on that weeks track.

Here's my offer:

I will pick up a few $10 PSN cards and send the codes! I guess I better go buy the Racing car pack for myself.

Here's my offer:

I will pick up a few $10 PSN cards and send the codes! I guess I better go buy the Racing car pack for myself.

***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***

It has been decided that we will stick with the RACING KART 125 for this Sunday night. This will be the first time that S.N.A.I.L. will race a DLC car! More importantly, it means that any cars included in the Gran Turismo 5 Racing Car Pack will now be available for Prize A and Prize B selection from now on.

If you are a current S.N.A.I.L. member and do not own this DLC car pack, please make a post stating this and one of our generous SNAILs will provide you with a 12-digit code that can be redeemed in the PlayStation Store for this DLC car pack. 👍

On the Kart.

125 SPL has same specs as the 125. Assuming they are the same? If so that make both eligible?

JLBowler, how far over 200 is your average?

Does offline practice mode count for break in mileage?

I was 16 the first time I averaged over 200. That was 20 years ago just before all the high tech bowling balls that are available today. Since then my low average for a season has been 208 and my high has been 241. In the last 10 years, I have not been under 223 for any given season in leagues. I was a PBA member for many of those years and to give you an idea of how different it is in the professional ranks, my highest average for a season there was 201.

Back