◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,561 comments
  • 21,595,849 views
For me to bring up the RA functions that don't work online at all (it actually used to), I hit the R3 button and use the D-pad to mess with the settings.

@Wolfsatz You can put the text in your siggy, but not the picture, Jordan hates pics in siggys.
 
​



Introducing the GranStand.
The GranStand racing stand system is fully modular, allowing for customization beyond the efforts of many others on the market. This also allows for selection of a model that fits not only your needs, but your budget as well, and always allows for additional modules.
​

The GranStand Challenge III Points have been updated with the races run on April 13th. If you find something amiss with your points, let me know asap, thanks!​

>>> GrandStand Challenge III Point Standings <<<

Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discount on all GranStand products!
​


Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to drop a line and reassure everyone that the GranStand has been engineered for optimal brake balance and chassis rigidity, so you don't have to fret about adjusting it...

Bill

p.s. Sorry for the bad joke, just thought we could all use something to lighten the mood...
 
Hey Guys, I have the chance to buy this wheel for 150 bucks. Do you guys think it is worth it? Is this is a good wheel? They say it is Thrustmaster, and i know that is a good name.
 

Attachments

  • wheel.JPG
    wheel.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 24
  • wheel002.JPG
    wheel002.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 22
@GranStand Bill I just want you to know that I am very interested in one of those, but I'm going to wait until the end of the month (mid-way into May at the most) before I do anything.

@malachi666 Looking into that, I have read some positive reviews for it, so I guess it's good.
 
Hey Guys, I have the chance to buy this wheel for 150 bucks. Do you guys think it is worth it? Is this is a good wheel? They say it is Thrustmaster, and i know that is a good name.
For the same money you can get a brand new DFGT from Amazon. Also for 90 more you can get the G27. Save up and get the G27.
 
Save up more (a lot more actually) and can get the T500 RS.
 
Hey Guys, I have the chance to buy this wheel for 150 bucks. Do you guys think it is worth it? Is this is a good wheel? They say it is Thrustmaster, and i know that is a good name.

I personally didn't like it, but I am used to the T500RS and my prior was a G27 - both of which are a much better wheel. I am fairly sure you can source used/refurbished G27s for that price range. New ones are around $200 ..
 
@zer05ive
not to impose more work than you already have. But your link of TEAM SNAIL gets me this::
"You need permission"
I may have misbehaved but is that supposed to be locked for viewing?
Good call out. Sig updated. :)
 
Hey Guys, I have the chance to buy this wheel for 150 bucks. Do you guys think it is worth it? Is this is a good wheel? They say it is Thrustmaster, and i know that is a good name.
On sale right now for $187.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G27-Racing-Wheel
If you are planning on investing in a wheel the G27 is by far the best you can get for under $200 All the other wheels don't really compare
. I started with a Logitech Momo and went through all of them up to the G27 and it's a world apart. I'm not ever going to be a good enough driver to justify the really high end Thrustmaster stuff. But I do know that most of the cheaper wheels feel like toys where the G27 feels like equipment.
 
but is refurbished trustworthy? With shipping and import to Canada is a little cheaper than new. Thanks though.
 
but is refurbished trustworthy? With shipping and import to Canada is a little cheaper than new. Thanks though.

Yes they are trustworthy, they are refurbished by the manufacturer and have guarantees to work. I had one and worked fine until I "ham fisted" the wheel is a multiple correction moment and sheered the steering wheel off the steering column. That hurt, literally, not metaphorically.
 
but is refurbished trustworthy? With shipping and import to Canada is a little cheaper than new. Thanks though.
Didn't realize you were in Canada. That is different. This sellers got a 99.9 percent rating, so I doubt they would sell a bum wheel.
 
Perhaps PD allows brake balance to be adjusted in tuning prohibited rooms is because that's easier than setting the brake balance correctly in all the cars in the game. Granted most of us like a more aggressive rear bias that helps rotate the car...but there are clearly some cars that the bias is just unrealistic and borderline undriveable.
 
The Mazda banner is just so awesome to change it! :dopey:
 
Hey Guys, sorry to bother, but when will I be assigned to a division? Again sorry to bother, I am just excited for Sunday is all.
 
The Mazda banner is just so awesome to change it! :dopey:

I would, I think it's too dark, and the yellow on the car dominates the entire image.
 
Hey Guys, sorry to bother, but when will I be assigned to a division? Again sorry to bother, I am just excited for Sunday is all.

Are there any PM messages from @JLBowler? If not they may have not seen it yet or for some reason it wasn't received. Just be patient and see what happens.
 
Thanks aliengamer, I will be patient. I just don't wanna miss out on Sunday.
 
You won't I tagged him so he will see it for you
 
Indianapolis Road Course_12.jpg
Indianapolis Road Course_14.jpg
Indianapolis Road Course_15.jpg
Indianapolis Road Course_13.jpg
I would, I think it's too dark, and the yellow on the car dominates the entire image.
Very keen observation....all my pictures are about the car!

If i wanted to photograph flowers, panoramas and sunsets I would go to Nurb Nord.

But, the lighting at Tsukuba is extremely funked, even adjusting exposure values.
 
Last edited:
One of these days I wouldn't mind having a Nürburgring photoshoot... Most of the photo's from my GT5 album came out pretty good, surprised myself with how crisp and clean they came out!
 
The PP for the 2000GT is 379 and the HP is 161.
 
Last edited:
Back