◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,598 comments
  • 21,789,587 views
We will also need to you perform an internet speed test to servers on the west and east coasts of the United States. This can be done at https://www.speedtest.net/. You can then copy the link with the test result number. It will look like this: https://www.speedtest.net/result/14991700567. Please post those results here for our review. You will want to do this from the same location and on the same connection that you will use to race.
Done

 

Attachments

  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
You need to pick a server on the east Coast and west coast of the United States so we can double check your latency.
 
The ping time is the issue when we are trying to cover this type of distance. 274ms of ping means that everyone you will be racing with will receive the information about the position of you car with a .274 second delay and you will receive their information with a .274 second delay. When you combine those two numbers, you end up with the game having to fill a gap of .548 seconds all the time. This is a recipe for extreme lag and drivers seeing very different things than other drivers.
 
The ping time is the issue when we are trying to cover this type of distance. 274ms of ping means that everyone you will be racing with will receive the information about the position of you car with a .274 second delay and you will receive their information with a .274 second delay. When you combine those two numbers, you end up with the game having to fill a gap of .548 seconds all the time. This is a recipe for extreme lag and drivers seeing very different things than other drivers.
So, that mean i cannot join a team?)
 
IMG_1880.jpeg

There seems to be a rumor about Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Canadian GP) being added to GT7 soon. I hope its true, it would be awesome to race on a canadian track. I went to see F1 there in 2013 and walked on the track as well. Fingers crossed !
 
CTMP>Montreal for me but I'll take what I can get for new tracks. :)
 

StewardsUpdate

​



This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

​
We have 4 incidents on file, no prize winner involved. Stewards, please make your way to the IR doc to complete reviews. Target deadline is Friday.

@Kgffy @Timlour @Nicktune
 
Last edited:
Prize A is Corvette ZR-1 (c4)’89 SS Tires @ Alsace-Villiage afternoon/1:09:000
Car is available usedcar dealer
Backup car Honda nsx type r’02
Nice combo but are you sure about your mid div lap time of 1:09. Its probably closer to 2:09 right ?
 
1. Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04 on SM Tires @ Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - S01 Dawn - ( Laps)
2. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C4) '89 on SS Tires @ Alsace Village - S01 Afternoon - (7 Laps)
3. Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane - S01 Late Morning - (9 Laps)

Official post in a day or 2. If someone could get me a lap time for the Suby/Michelin combo
 
I will be back on scoring duties this sunday. I'm really looking forward to Road America Atlanta and the Corvette at Alsace.

2023-07-23 Combos.jpg

@Akzl298 I got a time of 1:37 for the Impreza @ Road America Atlanta.
 
Last edited:
Come to Sebring…makes Road America feel like Canada.
 
Last edited:
Road America is almost Canada. But this week's combo is at Road Atlanta. :cool:

Road America you might get the meat sweats. Are cheese sweats a thing? :lol:
 
2:11.1s for the zr1. Damn can't get any lower then that it's a fun one but damn lol

1:35-1:36s the sti that's a fun one
 
Come to Sebring…makes Road America feel like Canada.
Corrected, believe me Road Canada would be full of potholes, cracks and grooves that are perfect for aquaplaning. I guess the grooves could count as lane assist.
 
I assumed you meant Atlanta (and I originally said Atlanta as you see I edited my original post at the time of typing) but you originally typed America so I just wanted to be consistent.

Sebring makes all others feel like cool day :)
 
Last edited:
Another real race reminder, I'll be at Lime Rock tomorrow for IMSA. I'll have plenty of beer and other stuff, find me here or look for a bright blue Civic with Tire Rack windscreen banner and other racey goodness. It'll be immediately apparent if you see it.

Was planning to be there today but things did not go according to plan.
 
Another real race reminder, I'll be at Lime Rock tomorrow for IMSA. I'll have plenty of beer and other stuff, find me here or look for a bright blue Civic with Tire Rack windscreen banner and other racey goodness. It'll be immediately apparent if you see it.

Was planning to be there today but things did not go according to plan.
Now when you say beer and "other stuff" that gets my interest peaked. If I wasn't spending the weekend with the wife I would have been there, have fun!
 
Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, July 23rd, 2023 Lineup
July 2023 Season League Night #3


1. Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04 on SM Tires @ Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - S01 Dawn - (10 Laps)
2. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C4) '89 on SS Tires @ Alsace Village - S01 Afternoon - (7 Laps)
3. Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane - S01 Late Morning - (9 Laps)

July 23rd Combos.png
 
Not looking forward to the Impreza. That thing corners like a cow on ice.
 
Back