◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,596 comments
  • 21,783,567 views
Hey tcrash (or anyone else that knows these wheels) since you seem to have a lot of practice with these wheels, quick question: Ever since I installed my GTEYE progressive brake spring in my G27, the brake occasionally doesn't completely release when I take my foot off. By that I mean, the screen indicates that I still have about 5% of brake input even after I release the pedal. All I need to do is tap the brake and it immediately returns to normal. It only happens once or twice every few hours, and only once so far on Sunday, but it is annoying. Any tips? Do I just need to clean the pot?

I have the GTEYE spring also. It's either your pot needs a cleaning or you need to grease the inside of the housing. I would suggest to use Lucas-Red Tacky Grease. It comes in a chaulking gun size tube. All you need is a little on the top and bottom of the spring, inside the housing and don't forget the outside of the housing.
This worked and I had no issues since. Smooth as a babies butt! So to speak.
 
Awesome, thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. Nmcp1, I saw that you switched the clutch pot with the brake. Do you suggest that? I almost never use the clutch pedal, if that matters.

I ended up leaving them as they were since the clutch and the gas pedals were just as bad as the brake. 👍
 
I changed the clutch pedal with the brake and everything was fine for over a year.

I ended up leaving them as they were since the clutch and the gas pedals were just as bad as the brake. 👍

Cool. I'll check them out when I open it up. If the clutch pot is grimy from lack of use, I'll leave them as-is.

I have the GTEYE spring also. It's either your pot needs a cleaning or you need to grease the inside of the housing. I would suggest to use Lucas-Red Tacky Grease. It comes in a chaulking gun size tube. All you need is a little on the top and bottom of the spring, inside the housing and don't forget the outside of the housing.
This worked and I had no issues since. Smooth as a babies butt! So to speak.

I'll check this out, too. The spring came with some oil on it, and I was careful not to wipe any off, but it seemed like a pretty thin oil. That tacky grease might just do the trick.

Thanks! :cheers:
 
Awesome, thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. Nmcp1, I saw that you switched the clutch pot with the brake. Do you suggest that? I almost never use the clutch pedal, if that matters.

I changed the clutch pedal with the brake and everything was fine for over a year.


Isn't top gear for chillin and trading?

The easiest thing to do is to swap the clutch pedal with the brake pedal, if your not using it, like Joe suggested.👍 The pedals are all the same except for the spring inside the housing.

It's pretty simple to do. Just be careful when you unplug the wires from the pedal. They're very dainty. Also make sure to reconnect the wires the same way on both the clutch pedal and the brake pedal. If you don't, your pedals will not fuction correctly. Test it before you put the cover back on and screw all those screws back in. When switching springs, make sure you grease the spring and the housing, inside and out.
 
nAAytV3.jpg


just saw this and imediately thought you guys would like it

LMAO!!! :lol:
 
I'm going to be out of town for the next two weekends. See you in three weeks.
 
Wednesday Morning Steward Report​

This is not the final report, but I didn't want to delay congratulating this weeks prize winners. Great racing guys! You put the stewards to a bit of a test, but all prize winners are clear to make their selections. The final report will be out later this morning.

Thanks to everyone for their input and comments in the stewards forum.
 
Prize B selection

Gran Turismo 350Z RS @ Nurburgring GP/D

nrburgringgpdy.jpg


This should make passing easier and more frequent than on Deep Forest. 👍

I'm kinda sad to miss this week with the Toyota, I really hope it stays for one more week.:nervous:
 
I will not be able to race this weekend and may not be able to race the next weekend either, flying to England to train with the arsenal youth squad and dont get back til about three hours before the next race, so I'll see what I can do. Cya guys in two weeks
 
I will not be able to race this weekend and may not be able to race the next weekend either, flying to England to train with the arsenal youth squad and dont get back til about three hours before the next race, so I'll see what I can do. Cya guys in two weeks

I'm jealous
 
I will not be able to race this weekend and may not be able to race the next weekend either, flying to England to train with the arsenal youth squad and dont get back til about three hours before the next race, so I'll see what I can do. Cya guys in two weeks

dare you to say your a tottenham fan :sly:
 
Ricky, I wouldn't count on gt6 being on the ps4. At least not until e3 and it is for sure confirmed, especially since that sony exec slipped up and said it will be on the ps3

I'm really hoping that GT6 is released on the PS3 if not both the PS3 and the PS4. The dream scenario would be cross-compatibility for online racing between the two systems.. :drool: (that would certainly be the ideal scenario for the league at least)
 
No, not truly confirmed yet, just a slip up confirmed. And from a sony guy, not from pd. I'm sure it will be confirmed at e3 though.
 
Will any Nascar work or do we have to run a specific car?
 
Will any Nascar work or do we have to run a specific car?

I think that we would all need to run the 2010 models, right?
 
I think that we would all need to run the 2010 models, right?

Pretty sure they are all the same. However I'm not betting on that. ;)

Anyone know the HP/PP of these broken in.

Also BAD ARSE pick Ricky!!!


As well Worst, GP/D will be a load of fun with the 350z.
 
I call the Red Target car for D3.

It would be nice to get the grid sorted by livery before race time. Ensure we have plenty of different cars and make for excellent pics.

BTW What tires on we on?
 
892 ponies and 637 pp broken in.
 
All of them?

I'm not breaking in all of them to check. The specs were from the 2010 Chevy Impala Jimmie Johnson with 498 miles and fresh oil.
 
Not in my dealership, 2011 TonStew Impala is 631 pp.
 
I do not look forward to the standing start.....every damn high powered car I try does a fancy 180 at the start no matter what I try.
 
Back