1/4 Mile Drag Tuner Time Trial #5 - Ford Lightning | Win Prizes!

• Thread starter ryanerb
  • 43 comments
United States
Virginia
LemonDiscus, GTP_RyanErb
tuner-tt-banner.jpg

1/4 Mile Drag Tuner Time Trial #5 - Ford Lightning | Win Prizes!
A Weekly Time Trial Contest featuring Prizes for the fastest three racers using the contest's car in "Speed Test" mode.

Please Bookmark our main thread that contains our leaderboards and links to current competitions and news related to this race series.

Contest Specifics:
This contest will run from Saturday Mar 24 2012 00:00 GMT til Saturday March 31 2012 00:00 GMT

*Contest will use GMT time to allow for all parts of the world to work with a uniformed time. 0:00 GMT time will be the closing hour for the contest. (8 PM EDT and a day early for North Americans, so a Saturday 00:00 Start date will be 8PM EDT on Friday)

This Contest's Car:
Located in current OCD - (Car Photographed in GT JAPANESE 009 DLC Paint)
Ford Lightning
lightning-large.jpg

Tuning:
No restrictions / Any Tires

Race Regulations:
No Driving Aids
SRF - OFF
ASM - OFF
TC - OFF
(ABS is OK at 1)

Time Submission / Thread Posting Rules:
  • DO NOT post 1/4 mile times in this thread
  • YOU MAY post 0-60 times and ONLY discus 0-60 times in this thread.
  • YOU MAY share any tunes or information that you wish regarding your car
Thread Discussion:
Feel free to discuss anything you wish but please DO NOT post any 1/4 mile times in this thread. Keep all talk about times only to the 0-60 times you are running. Feel free to discuss anything about the 0-60 times, tunes, tweaks and anything you did within a healthy and friendly discussion. Use the 0-60 times to get a feel for where you are placing so far in the competition.

Submission:
You may submit your times anytime during the competition timeframe. Please send your times via PM to KennyBlanco. You may send as many times however only the LAST time submitted will be used.

Please PM the 1/4 mile time in the following format to kennyblanco
Subject = Drag Tuners TT Submission
[GTP Username]: X'XX.XXX

Verification:
Verification will be required by the top 5 at the end of the contest. *Unless noted otherwise at end of contest

Prizes:
Prizes will be awarded by ryanerb (PSN: LemonDiscus or GTP_RyanErb).

1st place - 2 cars or tickets and 5 paints
2nd place - 1 car or ticket and 5 paints
3rd place - 5 paints

Overview of ryanerb (LemonDiscus or GTP_RyanErb) Cars:
0/0/0 Car Selection, Paint Selection (Excluding DLC) and Ticket Selection
Any tradeable Premium or Standard car in the game are available. The other cars when sent will have switches and/or wins but a Restoration Ticket will be applied to bring the mileage back to 0 on any car that has miles.

DLC paint can be applied to the body and the wheels. Any DLC Paint is available in addition to all "My GT Rare Paints (Mattes, Colorshifts, Chromes)" If a re-painted car is desired please specify body color, rim color and rim type (most stock rims cannot be painted so pick one from GT Auto)

Purpose:
This is to bring more attention to the hidden Autosport within GT known as Drag Racing. There has been very little done to add to this segment of Auto Racing within GT and if we have enough momentum with this maybe others will see why the Drag Racing community wishes to have "trees" and other modifications to the game to help add to our experience. Please share this contest with your friends and help to get the word out.

Final Results:
1- jryeargin 10.337
2- retromaniAX 10.340
3- fest0r 10.354
4- PTK 10.355
5- Master_Shake_ 10.355
6- Mikeybc 10.356
7- Stimuluz Defqon 10.357
8- CheahBro 10.357
9- KaroSVTR 10.359
10- Trybal 10.362
11- r4a2g0 10.369
12- swara96 10.383
13- blind829 10.389
14- Slashfan 10.488
15- c-losk 10.505

Last edited:
Ah great, a vehicle I have yet to tune and most people have already. :crazy:

I think I have an old base tune posted somewhere for this. :lol: It won't win you any prizes but it'll get you started. 👍 Also, I know it seems dumb because tuning this truck has been discussed before. but we don't want anyone to be discouraged from participating because they are intimidated by some of your times. I know this truck has been discussed many times before but lets leave it at that. Any previous discussion can be used as reference but lets not discuss our current times outside of 0-60 times until the event has expired. 👍

Last edited:
Also wanted to confirm 752hp. I got better 0-60 times with a little ballast but it killed my 1/4 mile time. I'll play with it some more but I expect my time to be among the top 5 even though mine doesn't count lol. 👍

I built one of these. Didn't know why. However this seems to be its calling. So look for an entry when time comes.

I'm assuming since its in the OCD that no break-in is required ? Just an oil change and parts ? Not home to see or try it yet.

2.9 60' times finally.

That's with my own tweaking. Now to chase drag racers tunes and tweak it more.

I do believe that is correct. You should end up with 752hp.👍

I already owned one, it had 8,000 miles on it and it only has 751hp. I got a decent time I think but im gonna go buy the OCD one and see what that 1hp will do. :lol:

2.9 60' times finally.

That's with my own tweaking. Now to chase drag racers tunes and tweak it more.

Hey, welcome Owens :) I never did GT5 drag racing until I found this group a couple weeks ago, sure is exciting when 1/4 mile times cant be posted, good luck to you.

Hey, welcome Owens :) I never did GT5 drag racing until I found this group a couple weeks ago, sure is exciting when 1/4 mile times cant be posted, good luck to you.

Glad you're enjoying it! 👍

I already owned one, it had 8,000 miles on it and it only has 751hp. I got a decent time I think but im gonna go buy the OCD one and see what that 1hp will do. :lol:

Every little bit helps lol. 👍

Just a question, but has anyone used ballast on it.. I'm considering it but I'm not sure.. My 0-60 times are slow, but I make up ground fast..

Just a question, but has anyone used ballast on it.. I'm considering it but I'm not sure.. My 0-60 times are slow, but I make up ground fast..

I tried and got better 0-60 times but my 1/4 mile time suffered. You could probably compensate for it and make up the time though. I didn't put too much effort into trying with ballast.

I tried it too but your better off without it.
PS. 0-60 2.627 0-100 5.411

After buying the OCD F-150 and using it over my old one i got:
Edit: new 0 - 60---02.629:::0 - 60-----02.631
Edit: new 0 - 100--05.435:::0 - 100----05.436

used to be:
0 - 60-----02.643
0 - 100----05.459

Edit: I can get the 0 - 60 and 0 - 100 times better but it forces 4th gear to drop too far in the powerband and my overall 1/4 mile time suffers horribly from it.

Last edited:
This thing has me perplexed :dunce:, Only 2.665 0-60 at the moment. I'll try once more tomorrow and that's it.

Back