1/4 Mile Drag Tuner Time Trial #8 - Volkswagen Golf | Win Prizes

• Thread starter ryanerb
  • 28 comments
United States
Virginia
LemonDiscus, GTP_RyanErb
tuner-tt-banner.jpg

1/4 Mile Drag Tuner Time Trial #8 - Volkswagen Golf | Win Prizes!
A Weekly Time Trial Contest featuring Prizes for the fastest three racers using the contest's car in "Speed Test" mode.

Please Bookmark our main thread that contains our leaderboards and links to current competitions and news related to this race series.

Contest Specifics:
This contest will run from Saturday April 14 2012 00:00 GMT til Saturday April 21 2012 00:00 GMT

*Contest will use GMT time to allow for all parts of the world to work with a uniformed time. 0:00 GMT time will be the closing hour for the contest. (8 PM EDT and a day early for North Americans, so a Saturday 00:00 Start date will be 8PM EDT on Friday)

This Contest's Car:
OCD Car - (Car Photographed in GT Japanese 008 with Gold Chrome Rims)
Volkswagen Golf IV R32 '03
vw-golf-large.jpg

Tuning:
No restrictions / Any Tires

Race Regulations:
No Driving Aids
SRF - OFF
ASM - OFF
TC - OFF
(ABS is OK at 1)

Time Submission / Thread Posting Rules:
  • DO NOT post 1/4 mile times in this thread
  • YOU MAY post 0-60 times and ONLY discus 0-60 times in this thread.
  • YOU MAY share any tunes or information that you wish regarding your car
Thread Discussion:
Feel free to discuss anything you wish but please DO NOT post any 1/4 mile times in this thread. Keep all talk about times only to the 0-60 times you are running. Feel free to discuss anything about the 0-60 times, tunes, tweaks and anything you did within a healthy and friendly discussion. Use the 0-60 times to get a feel for where you are placing so far in the competition.

Submission:
You may submit your times anytime during the competition timeframe. Please send your times via PM to KennyBlanco. You may send as many times however only the LAST time submitted will be used.

Please PM the 1/4 mile time in the following format to kennyblanco
Subject = Drag Tuners TT Submission
[GTP Username]: X'XX.XXX

Verification:
Verification will be required by the top 5 at the end of the contest. *Unless noted otherwise at end of contest

Prizes:
Prizes will be awarded by ryanerb (PSN: LemonDiscus or GTP_RyanErb).

1st place - 2 cars or tickets and 5 paints
2nd place - 1 car or ticket and 5 paints
3rd place - 5 paints

Overview of ryanerb (LemonDiscus or GTP_RyanErb) Cars:
0/0/0 Car Selection, Paint Selection (Excluding DLC) and Ticket Selection
Any tradeable Premium or Standard car in the game are available. The other cars when sent will have switches and/or wins but a Restoration Ticket will be applied to bring the mileage back to 0 on any car that has miles.

DLC paint can be applied to the body and the wheels. Any DLC Paint is available in addition to all "My GT Rare Paints (Mattes, Colorshifts, Chromes)" If a re-painted car is desired please specify body color, rim color and rim type (most stock rims cannot be painted so pick one from GT Auto)

Purpose:
This is to bring more attention to the hidden Autosport within GT known as Drag Racing. There has been very little done to add to this segment of Auto Racing within GT and if we have enough momentum with this maybe others will see why the Drag Racing community wishes to have "trees" and other modifications to the game to help add to our experience. Please share this contest with your friends and help to get the word out.

This was pretty easy to tune. Im done with mine i dont think im able to get a better time then what i have.

It is pretty easy to tune (for what I do with it).

Actually, its a pretty good car to use in circuit racing to. I mean, of course there are better ones but its not half bad if you tune it right... It will cruise through the corners.

Also, it is official. Next weeks car will require you to save up about 10 million credits. Start saving up those credits and playing the seasonals.

Last edited:
It is pretty easy to tune (for what I do with it).

Actually, its a pretty good car to use in circuit racing to. I mean, of course there are better ones but its not half bad if you tune it right... It will cruise through the corners.

Also, it is official. Next weeks car will require you to save up about 10 million credits. Start saving up those credits and playing the seasonals.
10,000,000!!! Why! Are we moving on to F1's now lol
That was quick. I still haven't attempted the last 2. Sad isn't it lol.
Lol you have some work to do my friend
what is everyone 0-60 times so far?

Yay my 100th post
Lets see your 0-60 & 100

ok so far my 0-60 is 3.00 and my 0-100 is 7.160
i am not done tuning yet

Oh woow.. So far im at
0-60 2.912
0-100 7.002
Not my official times i have a faster one but i dont wanna give that out yet ;)

10,000,000!!! Why! Are we moving on to F1's now lol
We shall see what is in store wont we? :lol:

Seriously, it is a race car of sorts. I wont say which one yet and the exact one isnt set in stone but no, its NOT a street car ;)

Oh woow.. So far im at
0-60 2.912
0-100 7.002
Not my official times i have a faster one but i dont wanna give that out yet ;)

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with mine, though ive so far only been searching for the right trans. Might have to take it lower yet. But after 15-20 minutes I'm at 2.966 and 7.043. never really touched the suspension yet except for ride height. Gonna try aero too later.

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with mine, though ive so far only been searching for the right trans. Might have to take it lower yet. But after 15-20 minutes I'm at 2.966 and 7.043. never really touched the suspension yet except for ride height. Gonna try aero too later.

Good luck, that trans is a b****.

0-100 just under 7s but that's all I want to say.

Yes it is a bit of a pain gettin under 7s.. I just leave you with this, my older tune.

0-60:2.907
0-100:7.001

Ok. Think I finally got that trans sorted out, all I'll say too is 0-100 in a little wee bit under 7.000.

Wow, i was racing one that took me by a car last night on the launch? Then i would sit there a car back.

Sorry guys... made a mistake earlier. Just spotted that the rules state you can only discuss 0-60 times. I posted before that 0-100 were ok too :guilty: I should read things properly :dunce:

Anyway, my submission is in and looks like similar times... hit a (virtual) wall early on with it :lol:

Sorry guys... made a mistake earlier. Just spotted that the rules state you can only discuss 0-60 times. I posted before that 0-100 were ok too :guilty: I should read things properly :dunce:

Anyway, my submission is in and looks like similar times... hit a (virtual) wall early on with it :lol:

Ryan and Kenny have probably noticed that we were discussing 0-100 times as well. It seems that they do not mind since nothing has been said to us. On topic of the V-Dub: 0-60 is 0:02.834 and 0-100 is 0:06.926.

Ryan and Kenny have probably noticed that we were discussing 0-100 times as well. It seems that they do not mind since nothing has been said to us. On topic of the V-Dub: 0-60 is 0:02.834 and 0-100 is 0:06.926.

Nice 👍 I think I need another look at this :lol:

Yeah, far as I remember 0-60 and 0-100 times were ok to discuss. That still leaves plenty of room for differences over 1/4 mile....Unless we're tuning the Samba Bus....Hmmmm?:lol:

Yeah, far as I remember 0-60 and 0-100 times were ok to discuss. That still leaves plenty of room for differences over 1/4 mile....Unless we're tuning the Samba Bus....Hmmmm?:lol:

Ha ha, yeah, took me a while to get that, my bus tops out at 100 and roughly 10 seconds after the 1/4 mark.

Be honest... will the bus be making an appearance for round 12? :D:tup:

Yeah, I have not minded the 0-100 on most of the cars. Almost all of the cars hit 100 well before the 1/4 mile mark and some the 0-100 is better gauge than than 0-60 (the faster cars that 0-60 in 3 seconds or less)

Ive thought about the SambaBus or the Kubelwagen a few times :lol:

If I tossed in a super slow car like those though I wouldnt pick them myself. I would find one thats even less used (not thats an easy task :lol: ) than those 2. But we may never know until it happens.

Start getting ready. In the next hour or two I will be posting the next event. I am working on the photo of it now as we speak. Remember this one will cost over a few million so I hope you all have some cash saved up. It will be an interesting event to say the least ;)

A Subaru 360 '58 would be interesting :sly:

It'd take the better part of the week to make a pass.:lol:

Be honest... will the bus be making an appearance for round 12? :D:tup:

You know it is one of my favorites and I have one tuned and ready to go. :sly:

Just a little over 30 minutes til deadline. Get those times in everyone!

p.s. I'm just getting in so it may be a bit before I get to post up the results. I apologise and I thank you for your patience with me.

*Official results*

1- jryeargin 11.058
2- r4a2g0 11.097
3- fest0r 11.104
4- kttheman 11.108
5- Mikeybc 11.110
6- KaroSVTR 11.123
7- Trybal 11.133

Awesome job everyone! Congrats to the winners. Pictures will be posted shortly for our top 3.

Back