1080i/480p mode not sticking (not the question you're thinking of)

• Thread starter Event
  • 5 comments

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
I tried changing the video setting in GT4 to 480p or 1080i, and it shows up and looks better, but as soon as I hit OK (to acknowledge keeping the setting) it immediately switches back to 480i. I know I'll have to switch the setting each time I load the game, but I can't get it to stick to the 1080i or 480p setting at all... anyone run across this?

and yes I'm using component cables

I fear the reason you are getting so few responses is that no one has a clue what the problem could be. The only suggestion I can give is to shut down the console, unplug and replug the cables, start it again, and try to change the setting. It may not be recognizing the cables.

Sorry to get your hopes up if you were expecting a flat out answer. :/

I fear the reason you are getting so few responses is that no one has a clue what the problem could be. The only suggestion I can give is to shut down the console, unplug and replug the cables, start it again, and try to change the setting. It may not be recognizing the cables.

Sorry to get your hopes up if you were expecting a flat out answer. :/

It recognizes them and displays fine for a second, which is why I'm so confused. maybe its the scaling on the receiver or something stupid...

Is this on a PS2?
yes, PS2 slim

Have you tried actually entering a race after it automatically "switched" back? My slim seems to revert to the standard resolution on the home and arcade menus, but still shows 1080i in the world map and in any race.

^ That is the exact issue he is dealing with. Strictly speaking, unless I misunderstood the OP, nothing is wrong with in this case. The reason the PS2 reverts back from 1080i after you select "Okay" is because only the races are displayed in 1080i when playing the game on a PS2. None of the menus and other interface screens are unless you launch them from the race menu. It still displays the races in 1080i, but it reverts back to 480i when you leave the races. This actually caused a lot of problems for those who had 4:3 HDTVs, because most of them would revert back to a 4:3 image when the game left 1080i, which would then cause the now-widescreen menus to appear distorted.

Now, if his problem is that it reverts back to 480i and then stays that way during races, then I don't know what the problem is. I've only played GT4 in HD a handful of times, and most of those times (and all of the recent ones) were on a PS3, so I won't be able to be of any more help.

Back