1080p or 720p?

• Thread starter jontikis
  • 7 comments
Greece
Aegina
Willful-Underdog
I know this question is a bit annoying, but are there any good settings to improve the frame-rate in GT6? I'm using a Full HD 25" TV. Some people told me that 720p will give me better frame-rate, but resolution will be worse. Advices & tips are much appreciated ;)

I know this question is a bit annoying, but are there any good settings to improve the frame-rate in GT6? I'm using a Full HD 25" TV. Some people told me that 720p will give me better frame-rate, but resolution will be worse. Advices & tips are much appreciated ;)
On a 25" screen you shouldn't see much of a difference between 720 and 1080. Adjust your PS3 and in-game settings (if any) to lower resolution and see what happens. If your tv has a "game" mode you should use that too.

Are you 100% sure that you're 25" TV is really doing 1080P? Reason why I ask is because I have a 32" TV that will accept a 1080P signal from my PS3, but will only display in 720P.

That being said, I believe the earlier PS3's will see more of an improvement running in 720P than the later ones. I have a PS3 Slim and I don't really notice a problem running in 1080P.

I guess it depends on the view you use when driving. Inside view runs bad on 1080 (i am using the PS3 Superslim with SSD). I find i can catch cars better on 720p and i am getting better laps on TTs.

I could use some myself. Should we change settings on the ps3 or the tv or both?

Fixed pixel displays (LCD, plasma) can only display in their native resolution, so it is going to automatically convert any signal to that, regardless of the incoming resolution. Take note that does not mean it will upconvert the images. An image of say 540 lines of resolution will still be 540 lines in quality, it will just be displayed using 1080. Any frame rate issues are being caused because the PS3 is having trouble outputting the game at 1080 lines, so switching to 720 may ease it's work load.

FYI: "FULL HD" is nothing but a marketing term aimed at consumers who have little to no knowledge of video gear. There is no such thing as Full HD, and if there was, 1080p ain't it.

I have a small 19 inch TV that has 1080p support (which is pointless) but I play in 720p on that TV. Also, the game looks pretty damn good in 480p (played it in 480p once to see how it would look) Playing in 720p does help sometimes.

Here's a video that I got from YouTube that's more in-depth and should be helpful

Latest Posts

Back