• 17 comments

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
United States
GR-MI-USA
YSSMAN
YSSMAN
Hey kids, more news for the folks in Europe...

Leftlanenews.com
The first official images of the 2007 Opel-Vauxhall Corsa have appeared online. Details of the new engines are not fully available, but a 180 horsepower OPC/VXR version is expected to be offered. The unveiling of the car is particularly interesting because some observers believe a Saturn-branded version of the car will be offered in the United States.

I like this car, a lot. It looks great, performs pretty well (from what I understand), and could be priced pretty well if it came to the US. Could it be the first serious compeditor to the Fit and Yaris for an American car? I would hope so, so I'm crossing my fingers that GM brings it to the US market...

Yaris wanna-be with a splash of Peugeot.

I like it though......im all 👍 for hatches!

I wonder if it will still be a hit with teenagers. As a young male I wouldnt buy one if it was my hard earned cash. It looks too bubbly now... too feminime

Meh, the Astra is much better-looking, IMO, but I'd love to see this come to the states. It would be a great alternative to the other hatch choices around here. :)

OMG it looks so ulgy compared to the current one...... (the facelift one that I happen to own!)........ why have they gone curvy..... I was expecting angular...... and the concept looked amazing! That looks horrid, its like they copied the Aygo which I also hate.....

what it should have looked like^

The front it very slightly ok....... the rest is horrid..... the back looks odd and gosh the interior is nasty..... and why does it look so much smaller..... the corsa I have has everything squarish and it looks like a huge car from inside.....

...Its like they crossed the Yaris, the Versa, and the Astra together to make the car. I really do think the look is outstanding, very different from what is sold in the US. I would agree with the interior complaint, but really all it needs is the new GM North America AM/FM/CD/MP3 player. It is a bit cleaner in look and function, here, take a look...

042920061228041248.jpg

^^^ The same radio as seen in the 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS...

Wow, that looks ugly and I bet it's just as heavy as the new Clio. Also I bet the VXR version will have ass tastic handling. I can't wait to see all the idiot chavs who buy the sporty looking SXI version that has a 1.2 engine and then weave across multiple lanes and drive like a complete wanker.

On the positive side it's a Vauxhall.

Oh, wait.

3-Wheel Drive
The only Opel coming to the US that I'm aware of is the Speedster, which is what the Saturn Sky is based off of, though it's FR, not MR.

1) Saturn was merged with the Opel/Vauxhall/Holden lineup, and a good number of the models will be comming to the US. The first is the Saturn Sky, which is the Opel GT in Germany. The second will be the Saturn Aura, which is the Opel Vectra in Germany. Next year, the Saturn Vue will be replaced by the Opel Antara, and possibly the Ion with the Corsa.

2) The Saturn Sky has absolutely nothing, and I mean NOTHING to do with the Opel Speedster. The Saturn Sky and Opel GT are both based on the GM Kappa platform that first debuted with the Pontiac Solstice. The Speedster you refer to only underpins the Speedster/VX220 and the Lotus Elise... Plus, it is the Opel version that is based on the Saturn, not Saturn on the Opel, and all three of the Kappa cars are being built in Wilmington, Delaware as we speak.

MistaY
Wow, that looks ugly and I bet it's just as heavy as the new Clio. Also I bet the VXR version will have ass tastic handling. I can't wait to see all the idiot chavs who buy the sporty looking SXI version that has a 1.2 engine and then weave across multiple lanes and drive like a complete wanker.

On the positive side it's a Vauxhall.

Oh, wait.

:lol: ......hmmm, guess who has a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi..... :rolleyes:

.......but im not a chav..... I drive responsibly...

The back reminds me of a Daewoo, sorry Chevy.

With the new corporate face thsi could have been such an awesome lookin car 👎 The old version always looked abit... girly, sorry Robin :P

ExigeExcel
The back reminds me of a Daewoo, sorry Chevy.

With the new corporate face thsi could have been such an awesome lookin car 👎 The old version always looked abit... girly, sorry Robin :P

Yeah I agree the new one looks cheap.....

I think the current corsa looks more man-ly at the back than at the front..... :lol: the black tint carbon fibre effect rear lights raised stance make it look more agressive :lol: although I love the facelifts front lights with the individual lenses.

Im going of to hammer something now to prove my manlyness! :lol:

...Int he context of the Corsa comming to the United States, a cheap car is exactly what we need. The car it would be replacing, theoretically of course, is the Saturn Ion, a cheap economy car based on the Delta structure. Prices start pretty low, around $13,000 USD I belive, and can go upwards of $20,000 USD in top supercharged form. This is indeed one of the cheapest cars sold in the US that is not a super-mini similar to the Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris. The plastic quality is similar to that of a Tupperware bowl, and build quality is not much more than your average Daewoo.

Having the Corsa come to the US is a step forward, as they need to figure out a way to get cars to the public cheaper, and give them a great car at the same time. Of course, they could send over the Astra as well, but I think the Corsa is a good choise. If they can keep the prices down in the US, say no more than $18,000 USD fully-loaded, they could probably move quite a few. But the build quality has to be good, engine power on-par, and pices low. If GM can do it, anybody can...

Looks like a mini Astra coupe, I'm wondering if they will sell it here as a Barina like they did since 1994 untill now they replaced it with a Daewoo. I hope to see Barina back as a Corsa not Daewoo.

...I see that the Barina is the same thing as the American Chevrolet Aveo. They arent horrible little cars, and are actually priced pretty well in the class. But now that it has become overcrowded with cars like the Fit/City/Jazz, Versa, and Rio5... A Daewoo might not cut-it anymore...

YSSMAN
...I see that the Barina is the same thing as the American Chevrolet Aveo. They arent horrible little cars, and are actually priced pretty well in the class. But now that it has become overcrowded with cars like the Fit/City/Jazz, Versa, and Rio5... A Daewoo might not cut-it anymore...

Our Barina's and Viva's (Daewoo) are priced real good, cheapest in their classes and sell well because of it (and the fact 99% of people don't know its a Daewoo). If the Corsa was to return as Barina I imagine the price would return to what it was, which still isnt too bad.

Our Chevy Aveo starts below $10,000 USD which makes it the cheapest car sold in the United States. I think even fully-loaded they won't go much over $15,000. I'm interested in the modernized version of the Aveo/Barina, they look a lot better than their 1st-gen predecessors, and if the mechanicals were shapened up just a bit, it could still be the best value car of the bunch. But, we have to wait untill the fall to get the new Aveo/Barina here, which kinda sucks I suppose.

...But I would agree with you. If they were all Corsas, even despite the higher price, they would probably sell just as well. But, maybe it is better that the Corsa goes to Saturn, as it is uplevel from Chevrolet these days...

Back