200pt per race speedster trophy!?

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 24 comments
at the minute im at about 60% game completion and before i do many more of the extreme events i wanted to complete all the company specific races.

i have defeated all the american cars hall, british cars hall, most of the german cars hall.

but now im getting ****ed over by the opel speedster trophy

first off i took a normal opel speedster and tuned it so i could beat a speedster turbo by a few seconds (tuned to 210bhp) but when i started the race it said

A-spec pts. 200

so i tried it anyway got halfway thru the race and i was still in 6th place 6 seconds behind the #1 car. i quit the race.

bought a speedster turbo. tuned it to 350bhp, added nos, lvl3 weight reduce, all mods basically.

tried again. A-spec pts. 200 :grumpy:
couldnt get anywhere past 5th place after 2 laps
i need some serious help with this. is this just a glitch in the game or is anyone else having a similar problem?

Have you tried putting a spoiler on the car.
I did this with a fully tuned Speedster Turbo and i got into the lead before the first corner most of the time..

A race being hard is a glitch? I found that they were the best races in the whole game!

Hit your apex! One mistake and you are DONE, and it seems you aren't Ze driver so you really need to pratice more! Learn the car and it ain't that difficult.

i to had this problem, i bought the turbo first and was struggling a bit, so i bought the non-turbo and struggled even more. so i bought some racing meds for the turbo and cleaned up BIG time..(both cars where tuned to the max)

Yeah I still have to crack that race to. Got 2nd on the first race so far fully tuned Speedster Turbo on R2 tyres. Love these hard races, they're pretty much wath I remembered racing F1 games like the Grand Prix series. One mistake and you're furbared. 👍

Anyhow, still haven't finished it as I said as I'm still pretty much in a "car aquiring" stage and the car that you can win in the Speedster cup doesn't really tickle my fancy that much.

Still looking forward to doing this one though, without wing or Nitrous to aid me.

i did this 1st time, found it easy!!

i had a speedster turbo (cant check what stage turbo i put on it, as i'm attempting the 'ring in the F1 Championship as we speak) i know i didnt tweak it, cos i dont have a clue about tweaking :dunce: LOL

i'm sure i would have used NOS tho (been ages since i did this race series)

Gord

NOS becomes your bestfriend for these series of races. The only time i've used it, and haven't used it since, but I was ready to make out with it, and have its love child after the Speedster Cup. :crazy:

I tried the Renault Clio Trophy in a Renault Clio V6 Phase II with a few performance parts added and it said 200 A-spec points and I was dropped by the 5th place car after only a couple of corners.
After, I bought most of the performance parts and all three stages of weight reduction and tried again. It still said 200 A-spec points and I was 16 seconds down at the end of the third sector, even though I had about 420hp and was about 200hp up on the other cars. I even tried resetting my PS2 and it didn't help. I gave up and did something else but when I tried again the next day I think it was about 3 A-spec points and I won by miles, even though everything was the same as before!

Chris1990
I tried the Renault Clio Trophy in a Renault Clio V6 Phase II with a few performance parts added and it said 200 A-spec points and I was dropped by the 5th place car after only a couple of corners.
After, I bought most of the performance parts and all three stages of weight reduction and tried again. It still said 200 A-spec points and I was 16 seconds down at the end of the third sector, even though I had about 420hp and was about 200hp up on the other cars. I even tried resetting my PS2 and it didn't help. I gave up and did something else but when I tried again the next day I think it was about 3 A-spec points and I won by miles, even though everything was the same as before!

i might try again now then if u say it went back 2 3 pts lol
👍 thank you for understanding my situation like some other users couldnt :grumpy:
:dopey: j/k :P
ill get back to ya all on the results

peace out :)

I have the same problem a week ago.
I just change my tires to R4 and the race change to 180 ASPEC Points
It was not easy to won all the races, but a little better

bondy_1625
at the minute im at about 60% game completion and before i do many more of the extreme events i wanted to complete all the company specific races.

i have defeated all the american cars hall, british cars hall, most of the german cars hall.

but now im getting ****ed over by the opel speedster trophy

first off i took a normal opel speedster and tuned it so i could beat a speedster turbo by a few seconds (tuned to 210bhp) but when i started the race it said

A-spec pts. 200

so i tried it anyway got halfway thru the race and i was still in 6th place 6 seconds behind the #1 car. i quit the race.

bought a speedster turbo. tuned it to 350bhp, added nos, lvl3 weight reduce, all mods basically.

tried again. A-spec pts. 200 :grumpy:
couldnt get anywhere past 5th place after 2 laps
i need some serious help with this. is this just a glitch in the game or is anyone else having a similar problem?

I find the Speedster races harder than most of the 'Extreme Hall'.

I went in with a fully moded speedster turbo. b-spec. It wiped the field :confused:

Unless im getting it confused with another race.

bondy_1625
i might try again now then if u say it went back 2 3 pts lol
👍 thank you for understanding my situation like some other users couldnt :grumpy:
:dopey: j/k :P
ill get back to ya all on the results

peace out :)

I'm thinking you aren't quite understanding your situation rather than what you said here... It won't go back to 2 or 3 points. These races are among the toughest in the entire game. If you do a search in the forum on this subject you will find repeated threads on this subject dealing with the very thing you describe. You will also find the conclusions and methods folks used to overcome the difficulty of these races. Others too have thought it a glitch. It is not a glitch in the game. These are just designed to be difficult races and the A-spec points are high no matter what. I think I have seen 160-200 as the ranges.

The good news is they are winnable at those points spreads. You just have to work it. I learned more in this series about racing in GT4 than any other in the game. 👍

phattboy

:)
I just saw the thread I was goimg to open one.I won the Speedster race yesterday after playing 3 hours ,I am not a very good driver but I tried to win it with some very light tuning in my speedster .

What I noticed is that the NA speedster is much faster than the Turbo version in every spec,dont know why but try it and youll see

A very good Cup I enjoyed it a lot and I also won the Calibra Touring!

I maxed out my boosted Speeder and wiped the field, you just gotta make sure you slow down enough for those turns and you'll be fine!

What I did was fully tune the Speedster (I forget which) and simply adjusted the gear ratio so that I had better acceleration and lower top speed. I killed them through the corners.

I didn't read all the other posts, but I had issues with this series to (requiring me to post here about it as well about a few weeks ago).

With the advice from others, I went and bought the non turbo version (which is significantly lighter than the turbo model), tuned it to capacity and put racing medium tires on it.

In some of the series in which you find it hard to keep up with the pack (VW Bug series comes to mind), putting on some racing medium (or softer for that matter) on the car makes a world of difference....

-Bill

I'm running the 206 cup and it's the same thing: you need to pretty much fully tune the car to win.

Maybe they did this because the prize cars you win are pretty fast (don't know the prize to the 206 series yet though) and they would unbalance the game if you got them too early: this way you can't just buy a stock speedster or 206 early in the game and come home with a touring car or something, but you have to have more money to shell out on upgrades.

justin_tyme
I'm running the 206 cup and it's the same thing: you need to pretty much fully tune the car to win.

Maybe they did this because the prize cars you win are pretty fast (don't know the prize to the 206 series yet though) and they would unbalance the game if you got them too early: this way you can't just buy a stock speedster or 206 early in the game and come home with a touring car or something, but you have to have more money to shell out on upgrades.

In my opinion, the prize car from the 206 series is well worth it 👍 I like that car!!! (Won't spoil it for you as obviously you like the surprise factor or you would have looked it up :) )
phattboy

Latest Posts

Back