2024 Formula 1 Drivers threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 680 comments
Reports are starting to emerge that Ocon will sign for Haas alongside Bearman. An announcement will apparently be made prior to the summer break and may have been in the works before the Alpine split.

Could be curtains for KMag unless Williams pick him up or he heads back to Enstone.

So Bearman will be the next to not be friends with Ocon.
How long will it take for Bearman and/or Haas to get tired of Ocon, I wonder?

Keeping in mind, Haas like French drivers, like Grosjean for instance and JEV was the favourite to be Haas' #2 until they hired Gutierrez.

Last edited:
Confirmation that KMag won’t be driving the Haas next year

I assume they will let the news sit for a bit before announcing Esteban as his replacement.

Also Wild Card prediction: Alpine will replace him with Mick.

I assume they will let the news sit for a bit before announcing Esteban as his replacement.

A Schumacher-Team Enstone reunion 30 years after his father won his 2nd title with them.

It's possible

I think that's plausible enough to not be wild. Assuming they don't go after Sainz, Mick surely is the next pick. Alpine WEC driver with Mercedes ties, at a time when Alpine are pursuing Mercedes engines. Looks like a slam dunk for me.

So based on the above, my new line up predictions are:

Mercedes - Russell/Antonelli
Red Bull - Verstappen/Ricciardo
Ferrari - Hamilton/Leclerc
McLaren - Piastri/Norris
Aston Martin - Alonso/Stroll
VCARB - Tsunoda/Lawson
Alpine - Gasly/Schumacher
Sauber - Hulkenberg/Bottas
Williams - Sainz/Albon
Haas - Ocon/Bearman

McLaren - Piastri/Norris
VCARB - Tsunoda/Lawson
Williams - Sainz/Albon
Haas - Ocon/Bearman

My thoughts exactly. 100%.

Was worried for a bit Sainz might sign for Alpine and thereby close the door for Mick, but now I’m pretty sure Mick will get his (deserved) second chance.

Last edited:
Might have to change my prediction because Perez is said to be remaining at RB. Only a confirmation from van haren so far so will wait and see.

Last edited:

McLaren - Piastri/Norris
VCARB - Tsunoda/Lawson
Williams - Sainz/Albon
Haas - Ocon/Bearman
Looks good. Lawson deserves a shot and I hope Bottas manages to stick around, but I fear Danny and Checo will still be taking up spots next year.

I think RB have put themselves into a very weird situation with their drivers and I think Horner is to blame.

They obviously have no faith in Yuki and also don’t think Danny is a real alternative to Checo.
He was so done after McLaren, but he’s somehow Horners pet.

I think bringing Danny back from the dead was a big mistake and they should have build up Liam instead.

Swapping Danny for Checo will likely cost millions and better results are absolutely not guaranteed.

Stupid corner they’ve put themselves in.

Horner obviously doesn’t care because he’s swimming in cash, but I feel sorry for all the mechanics and workers back in the factory who will not get their bonus because they will 99% miss the constructors title because Horner is a moron.

Last edited:
The Redbull young driver program should be reductive. Young drivers are promoted up though the junior formulas to show their worth at the top level, but Redbull largely ruins that by holding on to drivers well passed their sell by date. As much as it seems like a golden ticket, junior drivers are going to start seeing it as a poisoned chalice instead and the cream will look elsewhere.

Last edited:
They had Sainz, Albon and Gasly but ruined to keep at least one with dumb quick made decisions. Then got an RB outsider who was always more a midfield driver with brilliant days but more often very bad days inbetween. They still have Lawson but are unable to even get rid of one of their three redundant drivers due to whatever reasons. All this Horner, Marko, Thailand, Mintzlaff situations doesn't really seem to be cleared and I'm sure we still don't know everything about the Porsche-fail. They just somehow managed to keep media and other teams (especially Toto, Zack, Fred) quiet but I don't think all these cases are final and will pop up again. Oh and of course the Verstappens with the older and the young one always close to eruption. My 🍿 is always ready.

Only Mansell, Prost and Sainz have driven for McLaren, Ferrari and Williams.
Some are saying Jacky Ickx based on his 1973 drives for Frank Williams Racing Cars but as any older heads will know, that is conclusively not the same team nor entity as Williams Grand Prix Engineering today.

I can see Max moving to Mercedes next year if that seat isn't filled by the end of the year.

It’s weird to me how openly Toto was/is flirting with Max given he seems 100% committed to Antonelli and I can’t see him giving George the boot given how great he has been doing.

Latest Posts

Back