2024 Formula 1 Drivers threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 797 comments
He used to be one of my favorite driver to watch in F1 especially in the early stint at red bull and it sucks to see him go out like this. I knew things weren't going to be the same when he left red bull which I think is probably the biggest mistake he made in his F1 career. In any case, best of luck to him....I gotta say the way Red Bull handled all this mess is just odd. What is wrong with that team? I really hope they get beat by Ferrari too.

Yeah, Red Bulls handling of this whole thing is a joke. Hope we see Danny in other disciplines like NASCAR or maybe even IMSA.
An unnamed current (or possibly now ex) F1 driver has been testing rally machinery recently. Bottas claims its not him and he would have been the obvious choice given he has done it before.

Perhaps we'll be seeing Danny Ric in a rally car soon.

An unnamed current (or possibly now ex) F1 driver has been testing rally machinery recently. Bottas claims its not him and he would have been the obvious choice given he has done it before.

Perhaps we'll be seeing Danny Ric in a rally car soon.
It's Ocon. He needs to learn new ways to get time penalties.

They should've announced that the race in Austin would be his last race. He considers it like a 2nd home & the US fans get to go crazy for him in his final laps.

Would at least mitigate some of the PR damage they've done letting this decision be such an open secret for a while now whilst Daniel has to keep getting stories from the press & was clearly affected by it.

Last edited:
They should've announced that the race in Austin would be his last race. He considers it like a 2nd home & the US fans get to go crazy for him in his final laps.

Would at least mitigate some of the PR damage they've done letting this decision be such an open secret for a while now whilst Daniel has to keep getting stories from the press & was clearly affected by it.
You think Lawson will hear a few boos in Austin?

Last edited:
You think Lawson will hear a few boos in Austin?
I would sincerely hope not, but Texas fans do love Danny & it's America; we will boo for the simplest things.

However, I don't think Liam will be put in a position that places him front & center of the crowd to get booed and I want to believe most fans know the issue here is Red Bull, not Liam.

Rumor is that Liam would have been a free agent had he not gotten a seat before September. So the swap had to be done now.
Crazy to think that Danny (probably) came really close to taking Sergio’s seat during the summer break.

Really sad seeing Danny go, but it was time. Probably already after the McLaren disaster tbh.

Don’t know why you’re all criticising Red Bull for this. This was a Visa Cash App / Racing Bulls decision, he drove for them, a completely operationally independent outfit.

It’s a bummer how his career played out, my favourite part was him moving to RBR and completely rinsing Vettel.

He didn’t get the proper send off he deserved.

I would sincerely hope not, but Texas fans do love Danny & it's America; we will boo for the simplest things.

However, I don't think Liam will be put in a position that places him front & center of the crowd to get booed and I want to believe most fans know the issue here is Red Bull, not Liam.
Didn't they have some sort of driver introduction WWE style or something like that?

So apparently, Lawson knew he was to replace Ricciardo two weeks ago?

https://www.racefans.net/2024/09/26/lawson-rb-told-me-two-weeks-ago-i-would-replace-ricciardo/

Which means, if nothing else, Daniel and everyone else were maybe left in the dark until the last possible minute?

This has to be the worst driver dismissal I've witnessed in all my F1 days; like the blind leading the blind, all the while doling out instructions to the deaf. Nothing but the worst for the remainder of the season. Absolute clown shoes...

So apparently, Lawson knew he was to replace Ricciardo two weeks ago?

https://www.racefans.net/2024/09/26/lawson-rb-told-me-two-weeks-ago-i-would-replace-ricciardo/

Which means, if nothing else, Daniel and everyone else were maybe left in the dark until the last possible minute?

This has to be the worst driver dismissal I've witnessed in all my F1 days; like the blind leading the blind, all the while doling out instructions to the deaf. Nothing but the worst for the remainder of the season. Absolute clown shoes...
I doubt that many others didn't see it coming.

Back