Seasons in Forza Horizon 4 Change on a Weekly Basis (At Least Online)

So what happens when you cut yourself from online? Will the season at the time lock in until you go online again? Or can you change it offline?

Honestly I think changing seasons is going to be an exciting addition to the game. It adds more not just to the driving experience, but photography should more fun, too.

Will the sun be higher in summer and lower in winter? I hope so.

So what happens when you cut yourself from online? Will the season at the time lock in until you go online again? Or can you change it offline?

I think it functions the same way, er, "seasons" do in other games (like fighting ones). The online freeroam/group setting will follow the weekly rotation, but things like the career, or private lobbies, won't. The devs have already confirmed we can change seasons with Blueprint, so we won't have to stick with winter for a week.

I'm not entirely sure how that translates to progression (if you can co-op the career, wouldn't that require a season swap at times?), but as we get closer to launch I'm sure Playground will explain it in better detail.

already hate it , dont want locked seasons

See above. We'll be able to change them; it seems the weekly rotation is only for a certain part of the game.

From what i understand, the seasons are the same for everyone who are online. If you are ofline you can just change the season in a race and its stay that way like FH3.

Not a fan...gonna suck getting locked in winter for 7 days... luckally it's controlable offline, but according to playground, it was either a bigger map or these seasons.. i would've preferred a bigger map.

Not a fan...gonna suck getting locked in winter for 7 days... luckally it's controlable offline, but according to playground, it was either a bigger map or these seasons.. i would've preferred a bigger map.
Well, they have something to shoot for next time, I guess. A bigger map since FH2 would probably grab headlines for FH5.

Got to be better than just sun and rain in FH3 base game.

I think they want to implement dynamic weather properly first, like how they introduced snow-themed expansion last FH to test the water. I'm hoping FH5 will have both; a bigger map too.

Can't wait to see how weathers affect the handling on drift cars, or high-end RWDs.

Where else in real-life can you drift a Rolls-Royce in an English countryside in winter? (outside of YT videos, obviously)

You've got both. The different seasons mean different areas are accessible at different times of the year. So any water becomes frozen in winter and opens up new areas of the game.

I like the idea of the set times for the seasons, it gives them more meaning. But I’d probably prefer if they last maybe 2 or 3 days at a time instead.

With DLC cars being 2 every week, I wonder if they’ll theme them together with whatever season it is that week. Off roaders when it’s a winter week etc.

Hoping the day times changes as well. More daytime in summer, less daytime in winter.

From reading the IGN article with how they took so much photography to capture whole days within the four seasons, I'd say that's a given.

As long as i can adjust seasons to my needs in offline mode/singleplayer mode or whatever it is called and the weekly change only applys when i hop into the Online Adventure then i am totally fine with it.
I also welcome seasons instead of the bigger map.

Are there any gameplay videos of how the seasons change? The trailers showed a cinematic change before giving control back to the player.

Are there any gameplay videos of how the seasons change? The trailers showed a cinematic change before giving control back to the player.

There will be no visible change over a certain amount of time if this is what you ask for. The changes will be more like after loading screens.

There will be no visible change over a certain amount of time if this is what you ask for. The changes will be more like after loading screens.
Curious what happens if you are online with other players when the clock ticks over to a new week and it's time for the season to change.

Curious what happens if you are online with other players when the clock ticks over to a new week and it's time for the season to change.

my wild guess would be that there will be a timer somewhere stating that the world will reload in x minutes, so you probably will end up in your closest base location.

Back