This Week’s Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Macan The Most of Winter

A lot of cool cars for grabs. Not sure if I should sell my Fairlady right away and win the new one to keep it. Or just keep both and sell one later on. I remember paying 11 million for it a few months back. The price is sure to go down during this week.

And finally the Fox Body Cobra!

A lot of cool cars for grabs. Not sure if I should sell my Fairlady right away and win the new one to keep it. Or just keep both and sell one later on. I remember paying 11 million for it a few months back. The price is sure to go down during this week.

And finally the Fox Body Cobra!

Might be best to wait well after the season is over to sell it. They should go back up, or at least be worth paying more to buyers as they'll become rarer again. Happened with the Lotus Elise '99, which has been available to get a couple times. There used to be several on the auction house and they've gone for 3-4 million, but now I haven't seen any on there recently at all.

Let's review the Porsche Macan, then.

Pros: 3D modeling, details, physics (drives pretty great, in fact, almost like a big Golf), low ride height with Race suspension, no visible bugs.
Cons: Everything else. Zero customization options. No offroad lift kit. Sound feels more like a 911 engine than a V6 and is lower pitched than it should. Engine swap list copied from the older Macan (to my knowledge). No track width upgrades, nor rim size reduction.

I give it a 7/10 overall. Not bad, but, in terms of features, Forza can do better than that. It's the same as the 2018 Cayenne: you win it on the Wheelspin only to find out the 2012 car which is freely purchasable on the Autoshow has more and better features, so there's little value in the 2018 car other than exclusivity.

These days the Cayenne can be had for cheap since it's not very desirable, but the Macan is gonna be harder to get and equally meh. The only thing making it special is the exclusivity. I expect more than that from a car you can't just buy from the Autoshow.

Last edited:
See I don't get it. I won the Macan in the Grocery Run seasonal yesterday and it took me all of 45 minutes. Other times, winning a car is a nightmare on highly skilled, like when I sweated and bled for the Zerouno. Yet the difficulty is exactly the same. Why??

Because there are many factors that make a race hard or easy. The car and the tune you pick are very important. So is the tipe of races. Street scene and cross country can be much more difficult than road or dirt racing.

I personally just think it's perhaps more the type of car. For example, SUVs are far less manoeuvrable so perhaps the AI can't 'cheat' as much.
Just had a bog standard '18 Cayenne Turbo.
There are times the AI goes round a 60 degree corner in a Chiron seemingly at 130mph. Just seems very inconsistent.

I personally just think it's perhaps more the type of car. For example, SUVs are far less manoeuvrable so perhaps the AI can't 'cheat' as much.
There are times the AI goes round a 60 degree corner in a Chiron seemingly at 130mph. Just seems very inconsistent.

It really depends on the car. Opponent PI will be around your car's PI if I'm not mistaken, so it matters how well your car performs relative to its PI. The system of calculating the PI is not that good. I have swapped around cars in the same class and around the same PI just to find one that held the edge over it's competition.

Like I said, many factors. I didn't listed every single one, but there’s a lot of them.

See I don't get it. I won the Macan in the Grocery Run seasonal yesterday and it took me all of 45 minutes. Other times, winning a car is a nightmare on highly skilled, like when I sweated and bled for the Zerouno. Yet the difficulty is exactly the same. Why??

Crosscountry. That's why. These races are tough if you don't memorize the track. However, it depends on the car and having dirt tires is a must. Tuning is irrelevant in this game. Most of my cars are about 90% stock and I manage to defeat the A.I with no problems on Expert. Again, right car choice.

A good example was a Trial not long ago. The stupid decision from the devs of suggesting heavy RWD Muscle cars on a Crosscountry event is mind-boggling. Of course, all the players went for Hellcats because POWER. I ran circles around them the whole championship with a mildly upgraded Mini Countryman with dirt tires, untunned rally suspension and a bigger turbo.

The only races I struggle a bit is Street scene due to the traffic and unpredictable nature of the game's choice of A.I cars.

Crosscountry. That's why. These races are tough if you don't memorize the track. However, it depends on the car and having dirt tires is a must. Tuning is irrelevant in this game. Most of my cars are about 90% stock and I manage to defeat the A.I with no problems on Expert. Again, right car choice.

A good example was a Trial not long ago. The stupid decision from the devs of suggesting heavy RWD Muscle cars on a Crosscountry event is mind-boggling. Of course, all the players went for Hellcats because POWER. I ran circles around them the whole championship with a mildly upgraded Mini Countryman with dirt tires, untunned rally suspension and a bigger turbo.

The only races I struggle a bit is Street scene due to the traffic and unpredictable nature of the game's choice of A.I cars.

Depending on car and class you don't need offroad tires. Only in snow.

I used a VW Corrado with race suspension and street tires to win the cross country events on unbeatable lol. That was for the Civic Type R though. Haven’t done the Macan yet.

Back