6.0-magnitude quake hits Northern Italy

Italy
Ferrara, Italy
gardo91fe
An earthquake in northern Italy has killed at least seven people and caused serious damage to buildings in several towns, local officials say.

The magnitude-6.0 quake struck in the middle of the night, about 35km (22 miles) north of the city of Bologna.

The tremor caused "significant damage to the cultural heritage" of Emilia Romagna region, the government said.

Later on Sunday, a magnitude-5.1 aftershock hit the region, causing more buildings to collapse.

The aftershock destroyed a clock tower and made a firefighter fall from a wall in the town of Finale Emilia, near the epicentre of the first tremor.

Sunday's quake was the worst to hit the country since the L'Aquila tremor killed nearly 300 people in central Italy in 2009.
BBC
What can I say? First of all, I've had the luck of living some 30 km from the epicentre, so my apartment didn't receive major damages (only few cracks in the inner walls). It was a very frightening experience (especially after having slept for only an hour), but nowhere as near as what people near the epicentre have experienced...
My deepest condolences go to the families of those who perished in the quake, especially to those who had their life ended while earning their living.

Back