A Nurburgring in Nevada (USA)!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines & Las Vegas, NV
GTP_VanishingBoy
Vanishing Boy
-> When I first read this news that the big boss of Speedway Motorsports (Texas Motor Speedway, LVMS, etc.), Burton Smith is planning to build an exact replica of the legendary Nurbie-Ring.

Jalopnik

^ I was like...

HappyRageGuy.png
Happy-Forever-Alone-Guy-Meme-Face-Blank-Template.jpg

Yes+You+Can+Meme.jpg
2vA1a.png

puking-rainbows-meme-rage-face.jpg

^ Being a resident of this proud and messed-up city, this is big news for car guys everywhere! And this has to be done!!!

-> Here is my reply on Jalopnik:

Me @ Jalopnik
- I'm also a resident of Las Vegas. An exact copy of the Nurbie Ring would be an awesome prospect not just for gearheads alike, but the growth potential of that location (a playground motor heads in America). Imagine within the confines of the 'Ring they're would be a copy of Spa, Tsukuba, etc. Since the majority of the landscape in Nevada completely untouched/ignored, this would be a giant nicotine patch for speeders!

- Another benefit would be (hopefully) that this NVRing will be the racetrack for the masses, not just for redneck snobs with their trailer-ridden cars and utter prejudice towards on some cars (I had this experience at the LVMS' The Strip).

- Please make it happen!!!

-> The NVRing, The Brown Hell, Nevadaring, Nevadburgring...what do you guys think?

Lol, that will be awesome but the Germans wouldn't let it happen. The Nurburgring is unique to Germany, i doubt Germany (or whoever manages the Nurburgring these days) will allow for this to happen. they wouldn't want people thinking of Nevada when you say the Nurburgring.

^ Why its on the Motorsport thread!? This topic can be on Cars in General as well, since NVRing is a track for blokes like me.

-> But its up to the mods to delete this thread...

People are so concerned with getting on their high horse about what threads should and shouldn't exist.

It's unrealistic to say that a country or an organization can stop anyone from building it, since it's highly doubtful it's going to have the same name and use the same logo. Egypt didn't stop them from building a pyramid in Vegas. ;)

It's in the motorsports forum because it's about a racing track. Used for Motorsports. Of course, since it's not going to be used as a racetrack, but as a test track, we could just move it here...

We'll think about it.

In the meantime, locked. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back