Ability to Test Drive before Purchase

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Because many gamers want to make the right decision of purchasing the best car that satisfies their needs, it would be great if they could test drive on a given course to see if the car's handling, top speed, and acceleration is right for the consumer. (Note: I wouldn't recommend Route X because it's only for top speed tests. Probably a track like Bathurst with a decent amount of turns and a long straight is appropriate for a test drive.)

Last edited:
I don't think Polyphony knows whats going on in the modern video gaming world. They're stuck in 2004 with their odd designs choices. Seriously, still no real damage in single player..... How many years has the GT community been asking for this simple feature that is preset in gt6, but locked out of single player?

I have always thought it would be cool to have the option to test drive a vehicle before you purchase it. I think it would also be a helpful feature because we can get a feel for the car before we buy it instead of wasting money on a car with crap handling. Have you ever thought of this feature before? I have, ever since GT5.

I have always thought it would be cool to have the option to test drive a vehicle before you purchase it. I think it would also be a helpful feature because we can get a feel for the car before we buy it instead of wasting money on a car with crap handling. Have you ever thought of this feature before? I have, ever since GT5.
I think there should this option only if you have a timed amount of time to test drive the car. That way people don't just drive the car without buying it.

I'd like the post, but there's a way around this, besides finding a tune or working on one:

1) before you plan on buying a car, save your game in gt6 option menu (hit start).
2) Quit to XMB.
3) Plug a USB key formatted in FAT32 to your ps3, copy your gt6 save data to it (not mandatory, but it can come in handy in case you screw up)
4) Start gt6 again, go into dealerships, buy that car and test it on (various) difficult track(s), e.g. Nordschleife.
5) a) If you like it, keep on playing.
b) If you don't like the car, quit to XMB, delete your save file from your ps3, and restart the game. It will ask you if you want to load from the backup (which is your progress before you spend the $ on that crappy car, thanks to steps 1-4), say yes.

;)

In a lot of games, for example TDU, you can test the car before to buy. Of course is too difficult to have on GT6 too....
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks meek for the tip, but don't agree that we can do crazy for solve a GT6 missing feature.

Also if this is not my trouble cos i complete gt5 with all car bought, (most of them, maybe miss just some used that never found).
So i'd like to buy all the new gt6 cars and just the best of gt5 that need for some races or my fave at all that i already know well.

Last edited:
I'd like the post, but there's a way around this, besides finding a tune or working on one:

1) before you plan on buying a car, save your game in gt6 option menu (hit start).
2) Quit to XMB.
3) Plug a USB key formatted in FAT32 to your ps3, copy your gt6 save data to it (not mandatory, but it can come in handy in case you screw up)
4) Start gt6 again, go into dealerships, buy that car and test it on (various) difficult track(s), e.g. Nordschleife.
5) a) If you like it, keep on playing.
b) If you don't like the car, quit to XMB, delete your save file from your ps3, and restart the game. It will ask you if you want to load from the backup (which is your progress before you spend the $ on that crappy car, thanks to steps 1-4), say yes.

;)

I guess this is helpful but this suggestion is kind of aimed aimed at people who dont have the ability to do all of that (Or the patience :P) :)

I guess this is helpful but this suggestion is kind of aimed aimed at people who dont have the ability to do all of that (Or the patience :P) :)
ability? just need 2mn and a USB key lol
As for patience I get you but I think it's worth it... case in point: I'm nearing 20 Million Credits, and there are at least 5 cars at that price (Jaguar XJS looks awesome!) but I heard none were worth their price... rest assured I'll be using my trick :P

ability? just need 2mn and a USB key lol
As for patience I get you but I think it's worth it... case in point: I'm nearing 20 Million Credits, and there are at least 5 cars at that price (Jaguar XJS looks awesome!) but I heard none were worth their price... rest assured I'll be using my trick :P

Yes, you're on right, also if the 20 Million cars are for collect before than for race, i mean you have to buy your favourite. If you're searching for a vintage race car very strong there's only one choice: CHAPARRAL 2j 1970.
Almost 10 times better than all others vintage cars for run and more chepaer.

But of course not so beatiful as Ferrari 250 gt0 or Ford Mk IV or Ferrari FP4 or Jaguar. GTO is the only news on GT6, all others was also on GT5 so i know them very well. So Gto was the only car very expensive that i bought for now i'm searching only for all new gt6 cars.

This is a great idea from Skilled Racer and deserves support.

I would implement it by allowing the use of all cars in Arcade mode - if this was possible you could test any car you want in arcade mode and if you like it then go to the dealership to buy.

This is a great idea from Skilled Racer and deserves support.

I would implement it by allowing the use of all cars in Arcade mode - if this was possible you could test any car you want in arcade mode and if you like it then go to the dealership to buy.

TDU let test a car for just 2 minutes, of course you can test it as time as you want, if you let use all cars on Arcade Mode i think that most people don't be interesting in buy a lot of new cars.

So i'm agree that we can test all cars before buy, but just into one track, for limited time (for example max 5 minutes or just 1 lap) and stand alone (not in a race).

Or maybe better, to "RENT" the car for some time, of course for do this need some credits depends to car value.

What about this ?

I like Montevarchis idea of renting a car - you could rent it for the day - maybe if you like the car and decide to buy it, the rental could be deducted from the purchase price.

To extend on the whole idea of a test on a track or something. You could request some laps and maybe PD could make their own test track for the cars to be tested on. Or if they where willing to they could create a couple of different test tracks. And would possibly (if done right) be a good replacement for Top Gear :D

When I first started GT5 and went to the dealerships as soon as I saw the 'demo' button I got over exited pressed it and nearly swore and cried from disappointment, THIS IS A MUST!

This would be perfect for me because I wouldn't have to spend millions on cars to record their lap time at Cape Ring, I could just test drive them there.

You realize these aren't real cars right?

Buy a car that isn't right? It's not like it'll affect your life...

PD should make all cars available from the start in arcade mode.
That would enable players to test drive any car at any track, but if players want to customize the car and use it in career mode or online they'd have to acquire the car in career mode.

Not bad, but test drives should be limited to 2 minutes a la GT2000, then drive in on a random course or a set one like High Speed Ring.

Back