ACC in 2024 requirements to PC

• Thread starter Splitten65
  • 11 comments
Denmark
Copenhagen
Hi

Thinking to switch from PS5 to PC

Wonder if this setting are good enough for ACC and maybe VR ?

GPU : Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB VRAMC
CPU : i7-4770 4*3.4 GHz
MB : DH87RL 32GB RAM

I'm not that deep into PC world, that I know the specific difference between the different graphic card's or CPU's
So please cut it in stainless steal :)

My setup today are :
SimXpro X80 Rig
Fanatec GT DD Pro with 8 Nm
Fanatec Pedals V3
Fanatac Wheel Mclaren GT 2.0
Fanatec Wheel Clubsport 2.5X
PS VR2
PS5 with discdrive
Corsair Virtuoso XT Headset

Would really like to use VR in ACC, as it gives a cool feeling of racing (Like it a lot in GT7)
But which are the most demanding feature : 3 screens or VR ?

Thanks for any inputs

/Lars (dk)

I wouldn't put the greatest faith in that GPU. I ran AC1 with CSP on an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super for the longest time - which is more powerful than your AMD 5700 - and even it only hit 60 FPS infrequently, at least in VR. Now sure, it was much better outside of VR, but we're talking a game that's close to 10 years newer and therefore likely drastically harder to run. Likewise, that CPU is extremely old and will most likely find ACC much harder to run given that it's a more advanced simulation with more parameters taken into account than the original AC.

As far as what's more demanding, VR is probably way harder to run than three screens because the game has to anticipate sudden head movements as well as processing additional depth information to make the experience as immersive as possible. My current system can get up to 90 FPS in VR, but running a replay in single-screen mode translates to double that or more. I've never tried triple-screen, but I'd expect that to be somewhere between those two extremes.

Last edited:
What's your setup ?

If you have a really high-end setup (might be to expensive :) ), what would you recommend as a good solid setup

While I can't comment on VR capabilities, regardless of what you're aiming for that 4770 is a bottleneck (read: a performance pitfall). What resolution are you aiming for?

I'm not sure what to aim for, as I will only buy the gaming PC for gaming
It's a question of the best compromise

I like the resolution in PS5 GT7 VR

Haven't played GT7 VR in a long time (I'm pretty new) and just tried of starting last and have 10 rounds to get into top3 and misuse the PP to it's limits
Maybe GT7 will be better as I get into the game
Just played VGT at Suzuka. That was great as it had tyre wear and petrol use and it did rain so you have to make a chose

I'm not sure what to aim for, as I will only buy the gaming PC for gaming
It's a question of the best compromise

I like the resolution in PS5 GT7 VR

Haven't played GT7 VR in a long time (I'm pretty new) and just tried of starting last and have 10 rounds to get into top3 and misuse the PP to it's limits
Maybe GT7 will be better as I get into the game
Just played VGT at Suzuka. That was great as it had tyre wear and petrol use and it did rain so you have to make a chose
If I recall, GT7 VR's resolution is 2000x2040 per eye. The closest thing to that would be 1920x1080, but we'll bump it up a bit and say 1440p (2560x1440).

What you build is going to be entirely dependent on whatever your budget will be.

If I recall, GT7 VR's resolution is 2000x2040 per eye. The closest thing to that would be 1920x1080, but we'll bump it up a bit and say 1440p (2560x1440).

What you build is going to be entirely dependent on whatever your budget will be.
Can hear it's gonna be pretty expensive :)

Started approx. a year ago with sim racing, bought a cheap rig and a G29 wheel and a PS4 setup for under 500 US dollars
Now I upgraded it all for approx. 3000 US dollars

Maybe I just should keep calm and stick to PS5 :)

Can hear it's gonna be pretty expensive :)

Started approx. a year ago with sim racing, bought a cheap rig and a G29 wheel and a PS4 setup for under 500 US dollars
Now I upgraded it all for approx. 3000 US dollars

Maybe I just should keep calm and stick to PS5 :)
It's definitely something to think about because investing in a PC, especially a good one (relative to whatever your needs are) is a costly venture. :lol:

Hello Lars.

I am also in the same boat as you. Also from Denmark as well. I have considered a new PC for quite a while, but did not make the jump yet.

From what I gathered of information regarding playing ACC in VR. You need a very hefty Gaming PC.

That game is not very optimized for VR. People with monster gaming rigs, have problems to get a smooth experience.

With your current PC there is zero chance you can run ACC in VR. And highly doubt you can run it at all. Your CPU is + 10 years old, and the GPU is a 4 years old Entry level GPU.

Personally I am aiming for at least a 4080 Card, possibly 4090. To get a good VR experience in ACC.

Also have in mind that playing on PS5 with PSVR2 is a very easy setup. Just turn it on and play.

Using a PC is a much more complicated setup, constantly updating drivers, tweaking settings and all those things.

But of course the benefit is to have access to a much wider range of games, some of which are a much more realistic sim compared to GT 7.

Think I'll stop my idea of getting myself a PC - It's gonna be to complicated, I really like the easiness about PS

Not necessary MUST have VR, not that it's not a really great experience being able to look around, especial looking out the side windows AND side mirrors

How about Xbox and multi screens (2 / 3) ?

Back