Acura RSX Type S

• Thread starter IntheZone
  • 23 comments
Wow this car is bad for having 356 HP tune.

Acura RSX Type S stock 1/4 mile = 16.395 seconds 0 to 60 in 8.43 seconds.
Acura RSX Type S tune 1/4 mile = 13.747 seconds 0 to 60 in 5.61 seconds.

I try to get a faster time in the 400 meters, but It was impossible. I think 13.747 is the fastest time you can get on the 400 meters. This car blows in GT3, and is not so good on the track. :crazy:

You can't really expect an FF to be able to put down all that power within a short distance. The front wheels are probably still spinning (or TCS heavily engaged) after the initial 100m or so!!

Though once past the initial launch, the RSX probably won't do too bad in terms of lap time, especially on high speed tracks like Tokyo where significant stop-n-go isn't required.

Wow this car is bad for having 356 HP tune.

Acura RSX Type S stock 1/4 mile = 16.395 seconds 0 to 60 in 8.43 seconds.
Acura RSX Type S tune 1/4 mile = 13.747 seconds 0 to 60 in 5.61 seconds.

I try to get a faster time in the 400 meters, but It was impossible. I think 13.747 is the fastest time you can get on the 400 meters. This car blows in GT3, and is not so good on the track. :crazy:

I'm confused. Did you try 2 different runs? I'm guessing in the second one you used more power? :confused: In any event I think that second run is pretty stellar for a front-drive. I never got round to racing the RSX, so I can't comment on how it drives, but I've found front-drive cars can be just as successful as rear-drive or 4-wheel drives so long as you know what you're doing. They suffer at launch (true) but during the actual race they can kick some ass...at least I know the various Civics, Integras, and Celicas in GT3 can. 💡

Last edited:
I agree with parnelli. The spoon civic hatch is one of the best as far as on the track goes. Especially if you leave the car without a LSD, which was always kinda strange to me.

I agree with parnelli. The spoon civic hatch is one of the best as far as on the track goes. Especially if you leave the car without a LSD, which was always kinda strange to me.

The spoon civic is really a sleeper. I actually doubt if it only has just over 200hp as shown in the garage. I didn't do the amateur TypeR races until I got the Spoon civic from pro FF. In stock form + an oil change and some tweaking to the semi-susp it came with, I can outrun the NSX type S on all the 5-lappers in the series, albeit Tokyo and ssr11 being tight wins. It was always discouraging to see the NSX fly away into the distance at launch or right after very slow corners, though you can slowly make up for the gap with smooth steering and drafting. Being so light (800+kg), not overpowered, and having a smooth power curve characteristic of a high-rev NA engine, the FF Spoon civic exibits little understeer and can carry quite some momentum through corners. Stock vs stock I can achieve faster lap times with it over the Trueno SS, one of the giant killers in the FR realm.

The spoon civic is really a sleeper. I actually doubt if it only has just over 200hp as shown in the garage. I didn't do the amateur TypeR races until I got the Spoon civic from pro FF. In stock form + an oil change and some tweaking to the semi-susp it came with, I can outrun the NSX type S on all the 5-lappers in the series, albeit Tokyo and ssr11 being tight wins. It was always discouraging to see the NSX fly away into the distance at launch or right after very slow corners, though you can slowly make up for the gap with smooth steering and drafting. Being so light (800+kg), not overpowered, and having a smooth power curve characteristic of a high-rev NA engine, the FF Spoon civic exibits little understeer and can carry quite some momentum through corners. Stock vs stock I can achieve faster lap times with it over the Trueno SS, one of the giant killers in the FR realm.

I've beaten the Amateur Type Rs with "regular" civics and Integras. It's true the NSX takes off at first, but he isn't such a great driver or something because I always managed to skool him.

And yes, the Spoons (all of them) don't have much power but they also don't carry much weight...hence their power to weight ratio is low and they corner with less braking and less effort, as you already seem to know.

Last edited:
I've beat the Amateur Type R's with "regular" civics and Integras. It's true the NSX takes off at first, but he isn't such a great driver or something cuz i always managed to skool him.

Wow kudos to you Parnelli Bone! 👍 With a normal civic typeR I'll definitely need to upgrade the tires and possibly more to wipe the floor in the typeR series.

Wow kudos to you Parnelli Bone! 👍 With a normal civic typeR I'll definitely need to upgrade the tires and possibly more to wipe the floor in the typeR series.

Welllllll it wasn't completely normal or stock. I used semi-racing suspension, T5 tires, full brake upgrades, and other such parts + I gave myself a bit more power (but not max power). But it can be done is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
I used a Honda ITR on T4 tires with sport suspension and brakes, lightweight 2, about 320 hp, and a racing trans. The only one I couldn't win outright in that configuration (without qualifying) was R11. Boy, I do NOT miss that track.

I used a Honda ITR on T4 tires with sport suspension and brakes, lightweight 2, about 320 hp, and a racing trans. The only one I couldn't win outright in that configuration (without qualifying) was R11. Boy, I do NOT miss that track.

I really don't care for the last 3 turns in that track:crazy: Seems like i can never get a great line when coming off the S into the last sweeper to the right.

Route 11 is a great track! But I don't miss it in GT4. I like the fact that there are 2 versions of Route 11 (GT1 and GT3) and they are unique only to those 2 games. 👍 The Ai usually always f:censored:s up and bashes a few walls after the in-track dual-straight section, and my strategy was often to hang back and let them screw up while I cleverly got around them!

Last edited:
When ever I try that, I get hammered into the wall and countersunk. I HATE R11. It might be fun... in the day... and if it wasn't hosed down with used fryer oil.

I'd rather do 30 laps at Complex String than 10 at R11.

Oh talking about ssr11, it was a nightmare doing the 50 lap enduro!! Each lap took so long, had so many hairpins that seemed to take forever, and most importantly it was so hard to see in the dark.... I actually had the lights off for the race else it'd be too easy to lose sight of the corner up ahead :scared: .

And I started to lose my level of concentration about half way through, as well as eye strain.... Glad it was over. :yuck:

Oh talking about ssr11, it was a nightmare doing the 50 lap enduro!! Each lap took so long, had so many hairpins that seemed to take forever, and most importantly it was so hard to see in the dark.... I actually had the lights off for the race else it'd be too easy to lose sight of the corner up ahead :scared: .

And I started to lose my level of concentration about half way through, as well as eye strain.... Glad it was over. :yuck:

I don't have a problem with not seeing turns coming up because i know all of the tracks in GT3 like it was in my neighborhood:) I actually have been to Laguna Seca and i was very impressed by how well they mapped the course in the GT games. Only thing that was off was on GT games the track is huge as far as the width goes, but in real life its not that wide. And its always cool sitting there watching tv and watching road racing when its on a track on the game because you know every turn in it, watching and your thinking oh man you better brake because there is a slight dip there before that turn...ooop aaahhh too fast and the dip threw his rear out and he lost it...lol. But i usually do play with all the lights off because the glare is just annoying to me. I also lose concentration through the long races, its not that im bored its just well, A.D.D. I will be into it and all of the sudden im like, oh crap im in a wall just burning the tires up on the thing:dunce:

I don't care for R11, but i really really hate Complex String:yuck: It just really bores me:guilty:

Yeah, I kind of agree. At first I was psyched about Complex String, and the first few times I drove around it I thought it was a neat track, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe if some races were held there I would dig it more.

The Route 11 enduro is one of the most boring races ever in a GT series. I entered a GT40 road car, and even made sure all the heavyweights (Toyota TSo20, Mazda 787B, Nissan R390) were there. But what ensued was a boring race in which the Toyota got far ahead of everyone else. The entire race wound up being 6 cars--each doing their own individual time trial with little to no competition in between laps.

I don't have a problem with not seeing turns coming up because i know all of the tracks in GT3 like it was in my neighborhood:) I actually have been to Laguna Seca and i was very impressed by how well they mapped the course in the GT games. Only thing that was off was on GT games the track is huge as far as the width goes, but in real life its not that wide. And its always cool sitting there watching tv and watching road racing when its on a track on the game because you know every turn in it, watching and your thinking oh man you better brake because there is a slight dip there before that turn...ooop aaahhh too fast and the dip threw his rear out and he lost it...lol. But i usually do play with all the lights off because the glare is just annoying to me. I also lose concentration through the long races, its not that im bored its just well, A.D.D. I will be into it and all of the sudden im like, oh crap im in a wall just burning the tires up on the thing:dunce:

I get bored if the race is boring. If I can get it so that 2 or more ai cars are matched with me in power, then things get a lot more interesting. But I'm the sort of guy who (if I get far ahead of the ai) I'll get super-bored and my cornering starts to get sloppy as a result.

I also noticed in GT4 Laguna Seca is a lot narrower, which makes taking turn 7 (under the bridge/up the hill) annoying, I can't take it flat-out anymore!
:irked:
When ever I try that, I get hammered into the wall and countersunk. I HATE R11. It might be fun... in the day... and if it wasn't hosed down with used fryer oil.

It takes good timing, but it's definitely possible. Getting by the ai in those 3 or 4 corners where they screw up is what usually put me ahead for a win. Same thing goes for Route 246 II and sometimes Cote as well.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that Laguna Seca corner too. I used to be able to take it past 150MPH and flooring it, without side effects, now... It is very tight and you have to slow down to like 70-80MPH to take it. Why?! It just makes me hate Laguna, that one turn.

Speaking of Laguna, I just came back from completing the enduro. 90 laps of barren scenery really felt long. I used the Raybrig NSX on T5 tires and was doing 10-lap pit stops, so at least the frequent stops kept the race from being too monotonous. The Raybrig was really a joy to drive, especially when I had upped the downforce a few notches from the stock settings.

Now the only thing that stands in the way between me and 100% completion is the F1 series.

Make sure you have ALL golds in everything else (not just the championships; each individual race that is not already gold) before you start the F1 series. Then you'll get the "threepeat" prize: 3 F1s in a row: championship, completion of professional level, and 100% completion.

Stupid, but rewarding fun.

Yeah I noticed that Laguna Seca corner too. I used to be able to take it past 150MPH and flooring it, without side effects, now... It is very tight and you have to slow down to like 70-80MPH to take it. Why?! It just makes me hate Laguna, that one turn.

Apparently the entire section of track from that curve up the hill and the corkscrew are supposed to be narrow..which means we had it easy in GT2 and GT3!

Yeah but I still miss taking that corner with a slight trail-brake. Now you literally have to slow down in GT4.

Last edited:
Speaking of Laguna, I just came back from completing the enduro. 90 laps of barren scenery really felt long. I used the Raybrig NSX on T5 tires and was doing 10-lap pit stops, so at least the frequent stops kept the race from being too monotonous. The Raybrig was really a joy to drive, especially when I had upped the downforce a few notches from the stock settings.

Now the only thing that stands in the way between me and 100% completion is the F1 series.

The Laguna enduro is somewhat better than the Route 11 one, but I still found it boring. Lap after lap competing with the Oreca Viper while all the other ai cars fell far behind 👍 ooops 👎

The best GT3 enduros are the Mx5/Miata enduro, Rome (with the TVR and Renault Clio especially) and Route 246 (make sure the ai line up includes 3 NSXs or a couple Supras...or both. The Skylines in this race eat their tires and wind up falling behind).

Last edited:
Back