Add Ford Fusion 2014-2020 and More Economy Cars To The Game?

• Thread starter Squid_Cena
  • 27 comments
United States
United States
I would love to see the Ford Fusion, along with many economy cars from the 2000s and up, maybe even the 1980s and up, but whatever Polyphony can do, it would be awesome to see more economy cars, mid end, and high end cars in game. Luxury cars from Mercedes Benz SUVs to economy cars like the Honda Pilot, I think it would make fans more happy if these cars were added to the game over the years, and if so, please do see this Polyphony and thanks.

I would love to see the Ford Fusion, along with many economy cars from the 2000s and up, maybe even the 1980s and up, but whatever Polyphony can do, it would be awesome to see more economy cars, mid end, and high end cars in game. Luxury cars from Mercedes Benz SUVs to economy cars like the Honda Pilot, I think it would make fans more happy if these cars were added to the game over the years, and if so, please do see this Polyphony and thanks.
I would agree with you if we could take any of those ****boxes and convert them to touring cars. I just don't know why we don't have the ability to create our own TCR cars. That is literally how the cars are made to begin with. GT2 was so good because you could race mod many of the cars.

I was agreeing with you that the game needed more economy cars. Since past games also had events with those and they were a good starting point.

But, GOD FORBID, SUVs???? You can dump those in a trash can. This is a racing car enthusiast game. PD is much better using their resources on compact hot hatches, supercars and racing cars.
Wouldn't mind if they were their own thing with their own event, but SUVs really have no place in a game like this. In fact, SUVs shouldn't even exist in the first place with the absolute crap utility they have.

An SUV is not anywhere near a sports car even if you have crap like the Urus or M6, it's not economic in both price and fuel/EV economy because of how large they are, it's not more practical than a station wagon, it's not more comfortable than a sedan, it's not a good off-roader and, at least for me, they aren't even good looking, especially these new "Coupe SUVs" that are absolutely hideous.
It's a car that tries to be everything and fails to be anything.

Aside from being a car that you can sit higher than normal, it literally has no other uses. You only see too much of these nowadays due to most people not knowing what they want from a car. They see a big car that they can open the door and sit without lowering themselves that much and it's fine, it's good. And of course the market sees that the majority of people want that and they push for that.

PS: Sorry in advance for the SUV rant. Absolutely hate those NO-PURPOSE vehicles.

I was agreeing with you that the game needed more economy cars. Since past games also had events with those and they were a good starting point.

But, GOD FORBID, SUVs???? You can dump those in a trash can. This is a racing car enthusiast game. PD is much better using their resources on compact hot hatches, supercars and racing cars.
Wouldn't mind if they were their own thing with their own event, but SUVs really have no place in a game like this. In fact, SUVs shouldn't even exist in the first place with the absolute crap utility they have.

An SUV is not anywhere near a sports car even if you have crap like the Urus or M6, it's not economic in both price and fuel/EV economy because of how large they are, it's not more practical than a station wagon, it's not more comfortable than a sedan, it's not a good off-roader and, at least for me, they aren't even good looking, especially these new "Coupe SUVs" that are absolutely hideous.
It's a car that tries to be everything and fails to be anything.

Aside from being a car that you can sit higher than normal, it literally has no other uses. You only see too much of these nowadays due to most people not knowing what they want from a car. They see a big car that they can open the door and sit without lowering themselves that much and it's fine, it's good. And of course the market sees that the majority of people want that and they push for that.

PS: Sorry in advance for the SUV rant. Absolutely hate those NO-PURPOSE vehicles.
You can say that, but SUVs are pretty awesome. I like sedans more, but SUVs themselves have great looks and even though they do consume more gas and aren't a sport car or anything, you do have to admit they have space. Same for minivans. I love minivans and SUVs the same as cars, even though I prefer cars more, because they're still a vehicle that drives on 4 wheels with their own unique looks. Crossovers I have no problem with, but the only two problems I have with SUVs is yes, consumes gas, and everyone wants them over a sedan. Electric cars I don't like, but they're in the game, and that's quite lame, but it is what it is.

As someone who chose the pt cruiser as their starting vehicle in gt3, many times:
why tho
The PT Cruiser is ugly

Camry 2022 - I consider buying it in the future

Honda Prelude 5'th gen. I had it 10 years ago.

Honda Accord 2014 (European Market), my current car :P

Volkswagen Passat B5 1.9 TDI - legendary car in my region

Polski Fiat 125p - my fathers car, classic.

You can say that, but SUVs are pretty awesome. I like sedans more, but SUVs themselves have great looks and even though they do consume more gas and aren't a sport car or anything, you do have to admit they have space. Same for minivans. I love minivans and SUVs the same as cars, even though I prefer cars more, because they're still a vehicle that drives on 4 wheels with their own unique looks. Crossovers I have no problem with, but the only two problems I have with SUVs is yes, consumes gas, and everyone wants them over a sedan. Electric cars I don't like, but they're in the game, and that's quite lame, but it is what it is.
They have space over what exactly? They don't have more space than your traditional station wagon, which is a type of car that is a lot more stable/comfortable driving (due to lower center of gravity) and consumes less fuel AND is less expensive as well.

Looks, as I said, are subjective, some of them I like, like the BMW X5 (older models). However, these new types of SUV-coupes are absolutely hideous, and they even take away the "space" that SUVs are "so known for" and again, fail to be anything else.

You want a car that is economic? Buy a small hatchback.
You want a sports car/supercar to go to track days or to just enjoy a drive on a week end? Buy an actual sports car or supercar.
You want a practical car? Buy a station wagon.
You want a family car? Buy a minivan or a station wagon.
You want comfort and luxury? Buy a sedan.
You want to off-road? Buy an actual off-roader and not a SUV with over 19 inch wheels (which btw, most of the common SUVs lack it and you have it only as an option).

^And out of all of these car types/needs, the only one where a SUV is not more expensive is in the super car category, and for obvious reasons, nothing can compete with a supercar for what it's worth, much less SUVs of all things, heavy, high center of gravity, lack of aerodynamics all around.

Only thing again that SUVs are better is at:

You want a car where you can sit higher than most others? Buy a SUV.
Which is the stupidiest reason ever, but then again, it's common knowledge that most people are stupid.

I also don't like electric cars, but they are not a "type of car", they are simply a type of "engine/drive train". So it's not really comparable.

Last edited:
The only Ford Fusion variant to come should be the NASCAR version. Project Cars has it without using the NASCAR license so I'm sure PD could get it if they wanted to. I miss dirty NASCAR lobbies with the warpspeed slipstream :lol:

Although I'll admit that the Fusion Sport is pretty dope as well.

The only Ford Fusion variant to come should be the NASCAR version. Project Cars has it without using the NASCAR license so I'm sure PD could get it if they wanted to. I miss dirty NASCAR lobbies with the warpspeed slipstream :lol:

Although I'll admit that the Fusion Sport is pretty dope as well.
No need even for a Fusion for NASCAR considering there's a Chevy Camaro ZL1 which is what the Cup Series model is.

Even as an ex-Fusion owner (with the 2.0), I'd rather see a Taurus SHO or the Marauder, or the cult classic Contour SVT. I'm all for consumer cars but some are just gonna be boats no matter how you tune 'em. Or better yet talk to Matt Soppa and get his 2016 V8 Fusion Drift in the game, now that would be something.
1648264821420.png

Plus, before we start getting regular-ass cars in the game, we're still missing the Subaru Legacy, Toyota Chaser, Suzuki Cappuccino, Honda Prelude.. there's a lot.

Last edited:
As someone who chose the pt cruiser as their starting vehicle in gt3, many times:
why tho
Cause it’s just fun.

For a game that advertises itself as “The Real Driving Simulator” it would just be nice to have more real world regular cars, instead of just race cars.

Last edited:
I agree with everything except maybe SUVs.

Lets not forget GT2 had some very odd cars:
- Dodge Stratus ES
- Dodge Intrepid
- Dodge Neon ACR & R/T
- Ford Taurus SHO '99 (not that odd)

I can go on and on.

Ford Fusion V6 AWD from the late 00s would be cool.

Just new cars in general. Some of the sports cars from this decade would be nice. Some of the old classics from previous games that were already "premium" in Gt6. Spend the money to bring Lotus back, the Lexus LFA, GT300 cars.

When you go from GT5 with ~1000 cars to GT6 with ~1100 cars it's just odd to not have at least 600+ for GT7 given there was a nine year gap between the two. But when you run a skeleton crew of 15 car modelers because you don't want to spend money it'll take 2-3 decades to get back to a car count of 1000. PD has not adapted with the changing demands of the modern era or with their own precedent they've set, at all. Time for some new leadership in that studio.

I'd like to some early Holdens added , so I can build a few V8 Supercars for Bathurst

Also a Ford Sierra Cosworth would be nice

Last edited:
it needs these random city cars for sure. stuff with 100-200 hp. It also would be nice to have stuff like Tooyota 7, Minolta, 2D, LMP cars and DTM cars

La única variante de Ford Fusion por venir debería ser la versión NASCAR. Project Cars lo tiene sin usar la licencia de NASCAR, así que estoy seguro de que PD podría obtenerlo si quisiera. Echo de menos los vestíbulos sucios de NASCAR con la estela de velocidad warp:jajaja:

Aunque admito que el Fusion Sport también es bastante bueno.
It will be cool have a ford fusion gr.4

I agree with everything except maybe SUVs.

Lets not forget GT2 had some very odd cars:
- Dodge Stratus ES
- Dodge Intrepid
- Dodge Neon ACR & R/T
- Ford Taurus SHO '99 (not that odd)

I can go on and on.

Ford Fusion V6 AWD from the late 00s would be cool.
I loved my Stratus ES, one of the best cars I've ever owned.

I was with you until you got to SUVs. I drive one everyday but I don't want to drive them in GT. Econoboxes yes. I would love to a Dodge Dart, Corolla, cars like that. Also some more Kei cars like the Capuccino need to come back to the game

Bring back the Taurus SHO! Loved it in the old GT games

It made it all the way to GT6 but never made the jump to Sport or 7. At their current pace it's hard to imagine them adding it but I would love to see it. They seem more focused on current cars and things from the 50s, 60s, and 70's though.

Latest Posts

Back