Adding Fonts into Inkscape?

United States
Colorado
There's a couple of fonts that I've used in the past but I had to reinstall Inkscape & I noticed that those fonts were no longer there. So I was able to find
a website (Defonts) that had all of the fonts that I've used in the past. So I downloaded them & then installed them. I checked to make sure that they were
installed & all of them where there. But when I type a word in Inkscape all of those fonts did not show up. What do I need to do to get those font installed into Inkscape?

garystevens64

There's a couple of fonts that I've used in the past but I had to reinstall Inkscape & I noticed that those fonts were no longer there. So I was able to find
a website (Defonts) that had all of the fonts that I've used in the past. So I downloaded them & then installed them. I checked to make sure that they were
installed & all of them where there. But when I type a word in Inkscape all of those fonts did not show up. What do I need to do to get those font installed into Inkscape?

garystevens64
usually right click and "install font for all users" helps to solve this problem, but start inkscape after installing a font

Last edited:
usually right click and "install font for all users" helps to solve this problem, but start inkscape after installing a font
Yes you need to start Inkscape after installing the fonts, absolutely. I failed to mention it as it was obvious, but I forget that sometimes 😅

Last edited:
Back