Alex Zanardi hospitalised after handbike accident

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roo
  • 6 comments
  • 2,052 views

Roo

Premium
Messages
7,579
United Kingdom
UK
Messages
GTP_Roo
Autosport / Reuters

He was involved in an accident with a "heavy vehicle" during a handbike relay race. No word on his condition yet.

Edit: Autosport article has been updated to say he's undergoing neurosurgery after a severe head injury.

Edit 2: Another revision to the Autosport article says he's out of surgery and now in intensive care. His condition is described as "very serious".
 
Last edited:
:(

edit:

Zanardi, the big optimist.



If you haven't watched NO LIMITS, I recommend it...



I was about 20 feet away from some of those shots... the bloke's a ****ing legend.
 
Last edited:
I hope he makes it through this.
 
He's fought some serious battles in his time and has been an inspiration to so many people. I hope he pulls through this.
 
Here's to hoping for the best for The Pineapple, one of the most inspirational folks in my lifetime.
 
Alex has finally been able to go home!

 
Back