Am I the only one annoyed with pre-race animation?

United States
Virginia
is it just me or is anyone else extremely annoyed with the pre-race animation where it shows the back 5 or 6 cars pass by the starting flag? I can see some people enjoying seeing the cool car graphics but it should be an option that you can turn off. While some are only about 5 seconds long, such as the current Ring Expert race, some have ridiculously long previews. Ironically, the longest I found was the last Ring Expert race that was 23 second long! That's crazy.

PS: While ranting about seasonal races, why must we have a beginner and intermediate level and only one expert as opposed to 5 expert races every 2 weeks in GT5. If you want beginner or intermediate level races, you have 75-100 A-Spec, non seasonal races to choose from. I love this game, but there's basically only one good new race every other Thursday (that's giving the benefit of the doubt that there will be "one good race".

I like this weeks expert race cuz it's the ring at 700pp, so I would race it a dozen times or so. But if it's a bad race, I have no motivation to win it more than once. I have 35 Million credits plus a dozen Ferrari's I can see those if I need cash.

Thanks for letting me vent!

As a fairly competent racer and a franchise fan since day one, here is my take on it. The current expert seasonal holds absolutely no interest for me. I don't mind running LMP cars, but not at the ring....... It's beyond my skill set for sure and the game has to appeal to millions of people, not just you. If the seasonals were all like this, I would have no interest in them. The current race at Daytona is really super easy, but my 8 year old loves it. I for one am getting tired of the time trials that seem to cater to a few "ringer" cars. if you don't have (or don't enjoy driving) the GSXR or the Pescalero hybride you are usually stuck as an also ran. You need more of a challenge on all the seasonals? Try running with a lower pp car or on crappier tires. The game has to appeal to the masses and should not cater to just the pro drivers. It's a game, enjoy it.

As far as the intro often being too long, I agree with you there. Making the game too hard for everyone to enjoy, I will never support.

My 2 cents.......

I don't mind the pre-race intro's most of the time... but it DOES bother me when the time for the intro is added in the total race time like it is the 700pp race at the Ring. As @chrisdittmer mentioned, it's 23ish seconds long, which is an eternity in the race world. So my sub 6:00 run at the Ring doesn't look that good when you ADD the intro time to it. That's worthy of a GRRRRRRR!

Cheers

I don't mind the pre-race intro's most of the time... but it DOES bother me when the time for the intro is added in the total race time like it is the 700pp race at the Ring. As @chrisdittmer mentioned, it's 23ish seconds long, which is an eternity in the race world. So my sub 6:00 run at the Ring doesn't look that good when you ADD the intro time to it. That's worthy of a GRRRRRRR!

Cheers

Totally agree bro.

I've always considered them as fancy loading scenes, better than a blank screen. Doesn't bother me...

I understand thou, if you restart the race all the time for spinning out after 2 turns or take too many tries to win, that 30 second scene can be annoying...

What's the difference in time if you win or lose? You either win or lose. I don't get it.

Winning against AI opponents is like breathing... you should only worry if you stop.

I treat A-spec races like Time Trials with traffic. The only thing that matters is the time, cause that is the judgement of how well you do. Only worry about W's or L's against real living breathing opponents.

Cheers

Winning against AI opponents is like breathing... you should only worry if you stop.

I treat A-spec races like Time Trials with traffic. The only thing that matters is the time, cause that is the judgement of how well you do. Only worry about W's or L's against real living breathing opponents.

Cheers

I wish they would have a leaderboard for A-Spec races like they do time trials. That's the only way I'll make a top - 10,000 score:-)

The transition is to mask HDD loading times.

They cant get rid of them.

I would agree. Speaking as someone with a IT/Programming background they're just there to give you something nice to look at while the system loads all the info it needs. I used to do similar things myself.

The longer the race, or more detailed the track (e.g. Nurburgring), the longer the load time.

It's better than a blank screen (like @coryclifford mentioned) or having a Windows-style "loading xx%" bar graphic!!

Ahh. Now I understand. Much respect for you IT folks. What's the new Apple TV gonna do? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a second one for my house now that they're on sale. I can't think of anything a new one could do that would make me wanna wait for the next Apple TV.

Sorry, I know this is way off topic. If anyone can answer my question, could you please sends private message? Thank you!

I HATE it, it's just another "I load slow" issue with GT6.

I want to race, and I want to race NOW. A few seconds to get ready is fine, but some of these things are impossibly long, and it really ticks me off...especially on those races that I restart a lot.

I wish they would have a leaderboard for A-Spec races like they do time trials. That's the only way I'll make a top - 10,000 score:-)

Just keep practicing bud... it will happen for ya. If you have people on your friends list that are faster than you, or even if you race online against faster competition, try this trick...

Save the race replay, then when you have a chance, watch the replay in your favourite driving view in their car. Make sure you have ALL the info displayed, that way you can see the sector times as well as the HUD. This way you can see exactly when and how hard they brake, when they power out of the corners, and see the lines that they use.

GT6 is my first real attempt at racing online (even though I've been playing for years), and when I started I thought I was good until I was getting my butt kicked ALL the time. I used this trick to watch what they do and when, adjusted my style and kept practicing and racing them. It will come to you in time... because it worked for me.

Cheers

Last edited:
It's better than staring at a blank load screen.

That's not the issue. The issue is that 20+ seconds is too long. If you race in arcade or career mode you also get the cars passing the line but at most it's only 3 seconds before you are in control of your car. There is no reason for seasonal events loading times to be longer, after all the cars and tracks are the same online/offline.

In fact it's just weird how seasonal races are SO slow to load compared to offline. The cars and tracks are already there on your HDD, all the info needed from online servers are which ones to use. Time and drift trials load much quicker and arguably they need to download more online data (all your friends ghost lines). PD logic I guess :banghead:

is it just me or is anyone else extremely annoyed with the pre-race animation where it shows the back 5 or 6 cars pass by the starting flag? I can see some people enjoying seeing the cool car graphics but it should be an option that you can turn off. While some are only about 5 seconds long, such as the current Ring Expert race, some have ridiculously long previews. Ironically, the longest I found was the last Ring Expert race that was 23 second long! That's crazy.

PS: While ranting about seasonal races, why must we have a beginner and intermediate level and only one expert as opposed to 5 expert races every 2 weeks in GT5. If you want beginner or intermediate level races, you have 75-100 A-Spec, non seasonal races to choose from. I love this game, but there's basically only one good new race every other Thursday (that's giving the benefit of the doubt that there will be "one good race".

I like this weeks expert race cuz it's the ring at 700pp, so I would race it a dozen times or so. But if it's a bad race, I have no motivation to win it more than once. I have 35 Million credits plus a dozen Ferrari's I can see those if I need cash.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Me and you both, I despise the long race intros. The short ones I don't mind much (3-5 seconds) but the longer ones aggravate me. Although I never took heed as to why they took so long until @TonyJZX Shed some light on some worthy info
The transition is to mask HDD loading times.

They cant get rid of them.

Never really thought about that. I guess now I can understand why the pre-race animations take so long.

Back